Dice, give players control over customizations?

Realdarkviper
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Looking at what they have planned for “the company” is exciting for a lot of players I’m sure. But I know I won’t be the only long time BF player who doesn’t want to see crazy skins, uniforms, hairstyles, or whatever else we may be able to customize.

My one request would be to have the option to turn OFF these customizations so that I can have a more “vanilla” or “authentic” experience.

Anyone else feel like this would be a nice addition if it isn’t already on the books?

Comments

• DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Do you mean just for your character, or where, on your screen, everyone has default skins?
  • THISaint
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Do you mean just for your character, or where, on your screen, everyone has default skins?

OP probably means to have an option not to see the customization for the other characters, besides himself.

That'd actually be a nice feature, however, if they do customization to monetize the game, then perhaps you will not be seeing this option in game - the other player's cool customization item might give you an idea in your head to purchase the battlepack next time you will boot up a game.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait to use a robot arm, gold teeth, karana and dreadlocks.
  • Realdarkviper
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sorry I should have clarified.

I meant during actual gameplay. You can see examples of this in world of tanks where you have the option to turn off any skins that aren’t historical. When you choose that option you will see anyone with a non-historical skin as having whatever the default skin is. But if it was a historical camouflage it will still show up.

It would be a small but noticeable change for ppl who want more “band of brothers” instead of “inglorious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯”.
  • DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can't wait to use a robot arm, gold teeth, karana and dreadlocks.

Prosthetic arm. Katana should be Japanese specific as aesthetics for them. Not sure what to say about dreadlocks, unless you mean the dog with them
  • THISaint
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I meant during actual gameplay. You can see examples of this in world of tanks where you have the option to turn off any skins that aren’t historical. When you choose that option you will see anyone with a non-historical skin as having whatever the default skin is. But if it was a historical camouflage it will still show up.

It would be a small but noticeable change for ppl who want more “band of brothers” instead of “inglorious ****”.

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant.

It could be a nice feature, however, doubt they will add it to the final game.
  • mollymaid9
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm sorry but this is way too much colour, like this is making war look pretty. I get that the consoles are able to display such lovely bright colours but this is touché, as if I was watching a Disney kids film. Just my opinion.
  • Realdarkviper
    THISaint wrote: »

It would be a small but noticeable change for ppl who want more “band of brothers” instead of “inglorious ****”.

We can only hope that it does get added
  • Noodlesocks
    3647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be a really good idea to allow players to turn off the skins or at least some of the sillier customisation options
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

@LOLGotYerTags @StarscreamUK What do you think of this idea?
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

OP probably means to have an option not to see the customization for the other characters, besides himself.

That'd actually be a nice feature, however, if they do customization to monetize the game, then perhaps you will not be seeing this option in game - the other player's cool customization item might give you an idea in your head to purchase the battlepack next time you will boot up a game.

There's actually a skill problem in this too:

Good players that turn off seeing customizations will have an unfair advantage over those that don't by being able to more easily recognize what class someone on the enemy team is, as each class has always had its own unique default appearance.
  • BlackOverlord65
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yesss please, we need the turn off skin option
  • ladderley
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    If someone wants to play as someone who is completely out of place then we should have the option to not have to see them that way, I agree with this thread, there should be a visual realism filter. It wouldn't be hard at all to implement i imagine.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    It would be a really good idea to allow players to turn off the skins or at least some of the sillier customisation options
    Lol, Why?
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yesss please, we need the turn off skin option

I don't see the need, why do you think that?
  • RobCMedd
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps you could also personally mark certain skins you don't want to see, because I can stand certain things but I don't ever want to see people running around with bright face paint or prosthetic limbs in a WWII game
  • Realdarkviper
    These are all very constructive comments. I sincerely hope one of dices devs sees this and does what they can about it.

I feel it could go a long way to calming down all of the complaints ppl have been airing after the trailer