Like the most of us, I'm highly disappointed that were not getting a historical WW2 game.

Comments

• DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    More like Battlefield: WW2 Steampunk Futuristic Braveheart Bad Company SJW edition.

I heard the next trailer features lasers, dinosaurs and the smoke monster from LOST.

Fantasyfield V

I seem to recall that last time Battlefield was set in WW2, we had Pacific Theater operations. No sign of that yet.

They showed one trailer. They earlier said MULTIPLE THEATERS. That almost certainly means Pacific, Eastern, and African fronts
  • BAL3RION151
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm very concerned and disappointed from what ice seen from the trailer today. I wanted a realistic ww2 experience and have been waiting for over a decade for it with the awesome destruction effects that's in the games now. I also wanted a realistic single player campaign that boarders band of brothers and what marines actually do like in battlefield 3 single player. What we seem to be getting is a mixture of call of duty black ops **** with a mixture of wolfenstein crap. I can't stand the fakeness of call of duty which is why I haven't bought one since modern ware 3. I fear that battlefield 5 is heading down the same path to a degree with this fake ww2 back drop in battlefield 5.

I honestly loved everything I saw. But I also know not to come looking to Battlefield for a realistic shooter experience, unless I'm looking back on the days of good ol' project reality. For me, what I've loved about Battlefield is the immersion. Some people want to be immersed in the realism, while others want to be immersed in the setting/story/action the way that hollywood might immerse people in a movie, without being wholly historically accurate. I get that this game isn't going to be realistic. Battlefield has never been a realism simulator. But, the fluidity of the animations, the interactivity now that exists with dragging wounded, being able to aim and shoot while knocked down, building defenses, scarcity of ammo, and all the other features that are there have me hyped for what I think is going to be the best battlefield experience I've had since 2 or 3. I understand why newcomers to the series might be disappointed that this isn't wholly historically accurate if that is what they perceived it to be. But for people who have been here a long time, it never has been wholly historically accurate. Hope you all get the game and end up enjoying it anyway. I certainly will, for what it is.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Basically everything I could see from the god awfully scripted trailer was extremely inaccurate. EVERYTHING. From the random British prosthetic wearing women to the sliding around with an MG 42, to the outfits that resemble no WW2 era army uniforms. I can't believe they've gone this far as to basically copy CoD WW2's nonsensical approach to WW2. Hell, CoD was better in terms of accuracy. This is not what anybody wanted, and we aren't going to buy this stupid game. Vote with your wallets, people.

That part bothered me a lot, HOW CAN YOU ONE ARMED PRONE AN LMG?????
  • IMZ30
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    Guess it's back to BF1 or even Arma 3 ;)
  • Obsidiann6
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Complete Overwatch cartoon game. If they would label it as fantasy ..
  • montreal961
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I honestly can't believe what I just saw with that trailer. That cannot be the tone they are going for. Just can't. I REALLY hope that trailer was more or less showcasing the Co-Op aspect of the game. I refuse to believe that is how the general multiplayer will be.

I knew Battlefield would eventually turn into a cartoony anime ninja heroes shooter like COD and Halo (as is the natural progression of popular shooters apparently), but I'd hoped we'd have more time before that happened.

I'm hoping that trailer wasn't a direct representation of the tone they are going for with this game, because if so, i'll be seriously concerned.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Brace yourselves for the coming wave of YouTube shills that endlessly promote EA, that trailer left me depressed though. Clearly some sort of alternate reality Dice is pushing
  • Ronin9572
    1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Those Swede's are smoking some wacky strain thats for sure. These are the same ppl that did BF1?
  • BoWinston
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    Those Swede's are smoking some wacky strain thats for sure. These are the same ppl that did BF1?

Yep, the game that had black German, British and female Russian snipers.
  • ladderley
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

I'm hoping that trailer wasn't a direct representation of the tone they are going for with this game, because if so, i'll be seriously concerned.

If it isn't then they've still made an absolutely terrible first impression.

@ DeckedRegent Yeah. Also I think the fact that they put a lone woman on the cover is ridiculous thinking about it, given that the vast majority of military participants were Male, it's completely dumb and clearly has an agenda behind it, there is no way they could have decided to do this other than to push a narrative on people for brownie points with SJW's. It's cringey as hell. If they are incapable of giving the time period any respect then they just shouldn't have bothered, hopefully DICE will consider then obvious outrage when they review their trailer like bars, they are plummeting on YT. I won't hold my breath though...the arrogance of social engineering types is astounding
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ladderley wrote: »

If it isn't then they've still made an absolutely terrible first impression.

@ DeckedRegent Yeah. Also I think the fact that they put a lone woman on the cover is ridiculous thinking about it, given that the vast majority of military participants were Male, it's completely dumb and clearly has an agenda behind it, there is no way they could have decided to do this other than to push a narrative on people for brownie points with SJW's. It's cringey as hell. If they are incapable of giving the time period any respect then they just shouldn't have bothered, hopefully DICE will consider then obvious outrage when they review their trailer like bars, they are plummeting on YT. I won't hold my breath though...the arrogance of social engineering types is astounding
    Showing off a player model that looks like Kratos doesn't help either.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    herodes87 wrote: »
    The series goes down from now on.

PC/SJW ruins gaming these days!

Thank god i played the really good games 10 years ago.

There really was Native Americans. Mexican Americans, and other etnic groups thatt were on the frontlines.

But when it comes to women, they were NOT on the frontlines like the soldiers, maybe in packs part of certain resistance groups, but bot part of
    Post edited by HawkeyeAM47 on
  • Professor_RAWR
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm very concerned and disappointed from what ice seen from the trailer today. I wanted a realistic ww2 experience and have been waiting for over a decade for it with the awesome destruction effects that's in the games now. I also wanted a realistic single player campaign that boarders band of brothers and what marines actually do like in battlefield 3 single player. What we seem to be getting is a mixture of call of duty black ops **** with a mixture of wolfenstein crap. I can't stand the fakeness of call of duty which is why I haven't bought one since modern ware 3. I fear that battlefield 5 is heading down the same path to a degree with this fake ww2 back drop in battlefield 5.

Ugh... I keep saying this so I guess I will have to say it again.....

This is just the trailer.... one trailer. It doesn't represent the entire game which many of you are already freaking about.

Just wait for next month's E3 new multiplayer gameplay. We will get more details too eventually.

PS, it seems that the reveal trailer gameplay was CO-OP. The CO-OP may have alternate storylines/history.... which doesn't mean the ENTIRE game is.
  • mf192
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Totally agree. I think they dropped the ball on this one. One of the reasons I love the battlefield series is how they manage to keep everything (for the most part) historically accurate and realistic, but still a bit over the top, which is fun. What they did here with BFV is the call of duty approach. That is to say, take the setting, and basically have no historical accuracy whatsoever. I can't believe they're actually going this route with the game. All I can think of when I see these guys running around with mohawks is Mad Max. I was excited for WW2, but what we're actually getting clearly isn't that. At all. Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed, and I'm still in utter shock, that Dice would do something like this. It is a huge disrespect to the WW2 veterans, in my opinion. Its such a shame too, that they're finally getting rid of season pass, (which is awesome) yet this is the game they're doing it for. I certainly will not be buying this game. For those that do, I hope you enjoy it, but I'll be sticking with BF1 for the next couple years... until the next one, hopefully.
  • VidSicious666
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This was not WW2!!! This was some dumbed down, fantasy steam punk garbage!!! This will be one of the first Battlefield series I will NOT be purchasing! My god, what a disappointment.
  • Vespervin
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A remake of Battlefield 1942 would be delicious.

I pretty much agree.
  • Loqtrall
    12288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol expecting BF to be realistic.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From what I could see from the trailer, the guns and situations look authentic enough. Unless I am missing something, the major change is significant cosmetic customisation of characters and vehicles.
    Someone in this thread posted the idea for turning off customisation, so you don't have to see it. This would be a great option.
    Let's see what is revealed in the next month or two.
  • Vespervin
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    Brace yourselves for the coming wave of YouTube shills that endlessly promote EA, that trailer left me depressed though. Clearly some sort of alternate reality Dice is pushing

'Forget what you know', as in, what you know about WWII.