Females in Norwegian Resistance is historically accurate

MiasmaGrowlmon
296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_resistance_movement

They did say War Stories was going to take place in the lesser known battles of World War II, so there you go. Stop trying to find the tiniest of things to whine at.

Comments

• herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    who cares!
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Who cares about norwegian resistance, for Christ sake... In big wargame like BF, I think, we all want to play as part of big nations, big armies which fought greatly, massively. Who is really interested about playing as some "resistance fighter" in massive wargame?
  • MemelordAleks
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Norwegian resistance fighters did not fight on the western front in France with standing armies you dunce. It's not accurate the way they're portrayed, it's absolutely asinine.
  • BlackOverlord65
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Is that the Norwegian resistance?? I dont think so, the flag in the HUD is British, if that is the British army there should be WW1 Mark helmets and the khaki uniform
  • DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    If I'm not mistaken, the Norwegian resistance prevented the Naz.is from making nuclear bombs. They pretty much prevented the Germans from bombing Britain, US, France, and Russia with Nuclear bombs. THAT is why you should care.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

They did say War Stories was going to take place in the lesser known battles of World War II, so there you go. Stop trying to find the tiniest of things to whine at.

Right but I don't want to play guerilla warfare simulator 9000, I want an actual battlefield. The french resistance also had female fighters but I don't want to sit and wait around a cafe for 6 hours to make secret contact with an agent.
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who cares about norwegian resistance, for Christ sake... In big wargame like BF, I think, we all want to play as part of big nations, big armies which fought greatly, massively. Who is really interested about playing as some "resistance fighter" in massive wargame?

The single player market has been oversaturated with the same battles of WWII, every single WWII game over and over again does those same big things. There'd also have to be inaccuracies like crazy just to give you good gameplay out of that. With the lesser known, smaller battles being the center of SINGLE PLAYER (yes, Single Player, you will still get the massive multiplayer battles with your "big armies which fought greatly, massively" in Multiplayer), you can accurately do way more rather than just be a one in a million soldier. It also gives the chance to tell a more novel story you know nothing about.
  • AzaerusV
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Damn growlmon, how the hell are you even alive still??? :)
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing wrong with this, but there were no frontline female soldiers in the british army.
  • DallyEnderLlama
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Also, listen to the song "Saboteurs" By sabaton. It's about the sabotage of the Naz.i Nuclear project
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    AzaerusV wrote: »

I mean the basics and normies in this thread are making me not want to be alive. But yes hello.
  • ladderley
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great but this doesn't justify the nonsense in the trailer.
  • AzaerusV
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I mean the basics and normies in this thread are making me not want to be alive. But yes hello.

You're on BF forums, its basic issue kit includes a cyanide capsule.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

The single player market has been oversaturated with the same battles of WWII, every single WWII game over and over again does those same big things. There'd also have to be inaccuracies like crazy just to give you good gameplay out of that. With the lesser known, smaller battles being the center of SINGLE PLAYER (yes, Single Player, you will still get the massive multiplayer battles with your "big armies which fought greatly, massively" in Multiplayer), you can accurately do way more rather than just be a one in a million soldier. It also gives the chance to tell a more novel story you know nothing about.

There are a lot of "untold" warstories in WWII setting, which are much more interesting, than any "resistance". Pacific, Eastern front, Nothen Afrika... We saw all that in different games, but never actually went deep in those war theaters, in stories of people, who fought there. "Saving Pvt. Ryan" is 100% boring and lame, I agree, CoD WWII had proven that year ago greatly. But... there is an actually big space of world in the war between "Normandy rush" and "French/Norwish/Whatever else resistance".
  • MemelordAleks
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Wow you really are just a snob. "Normies" "Oh my God they make me wanna die" Calm down with your pretentiousness. People want a modern WW2 game made with the state-of-the-art technology that AAA studios possess. They want it to be similar to the games they used to play, CoD WaW, Medal of Honor, and duh, Battlefield 1942 and 43. They don't want the smaller battles, they want Normandy, the Ardennes, Tunisia, Okinawa, Guam, Sicily, all of the things we know about and remember because our grandfathers, great grandfathers or fathers fought, died, survived those places. Or we're history buffs and the battles are just plain iconic and we want to relive it in a virtual experience that is immersive enough but not super realistic. DICE had the opportunity to do this, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all over what people were asking for, which was totally reasonable by the way. It's disgraceful because they market it as "immersive". BS. It's not too much to ask for a WW2 game with accurate uniforms and people.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Adding for the first time a german campaign would be so much better!
  • MiasmaGrowlmon

You're on BF forums, its basic issue kit includes a cyanide capsule.

I can see why.
  • Bluemoon2393
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I reckon if one off the war stories is based on the Norwegian Resistance. I can see a small part where the SOE have a small part to play like destroying the Heavy Water (Stuff that could have made the Nuclear Bombs for the Germans).

I'm hoping they have destroying the Heavy Water as a Mission. It would be cool if we could have skiing in as well to travel there and to escape the Germans.

I think there was a film based on that with Danny Dyer in.
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Can you show me a picture of a Norwegian woman fighting on the frontlines of the western war? I mean a real picture also not some picture of a woman aiming down the sights surrounded by a half empty field with sheep in it and a photographer standing in front of her looking down when there is suppose to be a war on?
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If that woman is supposed to be Norwegian then why does she and her unit speak english and have a British sounding accent? To me she seems either Irish, Australian , or British. Did those 3 Nations send women into the main battle....