The BF5 trailer is about to get more dislikes than likes

ReignerDeustcher
132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
LOL, it deserved it, what a let down to see in ww2 a robotic woman, soldiers with katanas, and all colorful and shiny green graphics like a ''BattleFortnitefield''

BF1 was good and now this....

Comments

• AzaerusV
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Well the community has been very vocal and hungry for a serious WW2 shooter with the advent of modern graphics and frostbite engine, to finally bring to life the battle of ww2 we all grew up learning about, that previously was impossible due to technological disadvantages.

This is not what battlefield roots were, which they heavily promoted as their direction. Or what the majority wanted. I only hope they fix this with future information released that this is not the attitude of the game were going for. Battle royal games are plenty, and COD ww2 already exists.

• SenorCatnip
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The same thing happened with Infinite Warfare, that game was supposed to be the game that nobody ever wanted. Right now the reveal trailer for that game has 589k likes to 3.7m dislikes. I find that game to be one of the best in the entire franchise, and if you believe what people say on discussions related to that game, everybody who's actually played it or still plays it loves the game. Except it was a commercial flop and won't get a sequel.

And now people are people are acting the same way because DICE, like Infinity Ward, are doing something that you simply don't agree with.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    but still make more noise about it than a tone deaf cat in a blender"

Should we be worried for your cat, though?

• ElliotLH
    9027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, it's happened. The dislikes have taken the lead:

YtsHev3.jpg
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Honestly, how could no one at DICE have anticipated this backlash?

Even Jackfrags, paid shill, said the trailer is a 'missed opportunity'.

• Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    They probably ran out of time.
  • olavafar
    2176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    About 2000 have had any opinion on the trailer (out of the 28000 views). As I write this there are about 60 000 players playing BF1. I would not care much about those numbers if I worked at EA/DICE.

I agree that the trailer is quite horrible though but I did not like the BF1 trailer either. In general they are too cinematic for my taste and says close to nothing about the game except you get to know the setting.
  • bleachee
    970 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    About 2000 have had any opinion on the trailer (out of the 28000 views). As I write this there are about 60 000 players playing BF1. I would not care much about those numbers if I worked at EA/DICE.

I agree that the trailer is quite horrible though but I did not like the BF1 trailer either. In general they are too cinematic for my taste and says close to nothing about the game except you get to know the setting.

Check out the official trailer here:

168,000 likes vs 134,000 dislikes with 3.8 million views
  • ESCOBAR1875
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    [https://imgur.com/a/9tC9PtV yesterday halway through the reveal 134k dislikes lol
  • Noodlesocks
    3452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even if it weren't for Battlefield 5. Even if it were for something like Fortnite or Battlefield Heroes 2 it would still not be a very good trailer because it doesn't really show anything.
  • mf192
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OP, I totally agree.
  • BoWinston
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    bleachee wrote: »
    olavafar wrote: »

Check out the official trailer here:

168,000 likes vs 134,000 dislikes with 3.8 million views

Those aren't good numbers and you can bet DICE is getting worried about what is not a great unanimous reception that the BF1 trailers got.

I wanted customization like a lot of people did for BF1, but nothing like this which they're showing off for BFV in the trailer. That image looks like a bunch of millennial revisionist history. We have neckbeard hipster in the center, robochick on the left and blue brother on the right.