Weekly Debrief

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

But hey, maybe you can be a tomato man or something and build cool forts like that other game you kids play!

Could BFV actually mean Battlefield Fruit&Veg?
    Maybe the trailer was just a joke.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, the no Premium sucks.

Coming from EA, I'm expecting a lot of lootboxes to cover the loss.
    And even if that's not the case, the quality of the content will be very inferior compared to BF1.

Let's hope I'm wrong, though.
  • Shadders_X
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    herodes87 wrote: »
    You will have more Hill humpers with that health system. Everyone will Camp more because they are to afraid to die.
    Hi,
    I think that with health regeneration locations, people will be less inclined to play as a team. Camping is always a strategy as some classes are much more powerful than others, so open firefights will only happen with people with the most powerful classes.

I wonder if the auto aim, snapping etc., is in the new game ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

At least they would be camping the objectives, helping to defend them.

Sounds like a win-win to me.
    Hi,
    i am happy to defend a flag. Have done it many times - but i usually play Support, and the opponents are Assault or Engineer - and with the many approaches to the flag, i usually get killed rather than kill.

What i think ammunition locations will provide is for people to play a non Support class, with perhaps better weapons, so no need to rely upon Support. Not really team building mechanic of the game - i can see many people playing lone wolf.

The scavenger feature may be useful, but again, not sure it promote team work.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    You will have more Hill humpers with that health system. Everyone will Camp more because they are to afraid to die.
    Hi,
    I think that with health regeneration locations, people will be less inclined to play as a team. Camping is always a strategy as some classes are much more powerful than others, so open firefights will only happen with people with the most powerful classes.

I wonder if the auto aim, snapping etc., is in the new game ?

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

At least they would be camping the objectives, helping to defend them.

Sounds like a win-win to me.
    Hi,
    i am happy to defend a flag. Have done it many times - but i usually play Support, and the opponents are Assault or Engineer - and with the many approaches to the flag, i usually get killed rather than kill.

What i think ammunition locations will provide is for people to play a non Support class, with perhaps better weapons, so no need to rely upon Support. Not really team building mechanic of the game - i can see many people playing lone wolf.

The scavenger feature may be useful, but again, not sure it promote team work.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Well, we don't even know yet what kind of arsenal each class will have.

For all we know, they might be giving Support an OP af weapon and everyone will pick it.

Anything can happen.
  • dj_sasek
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Things I like:
    - WWII
    - No premium
    - No lootboxes
    - Grand Operations
    - New Animations
    - Fortifications
    - No Behemoths
    - No Elite Classes

Things I don't like:
    - character customisations
    - trailer

Show us proper gameplay and remove this "Fortnite characters". I don't want to play WWII with clowns around me or at least give us the option to remove skins on client side. The customisation should be simple as in BF3 and BF4.
  • doctorrocktor
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think some people should watch westie video,everything you need to know about bfv.he tells alot of info dice didn't mention,sounds very promising.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What's the bets that BFV still has broken DX12.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well at least all you guys begging for no premium got your wish, thanks for ruining the longevity of the games life.

Anyone still play Battlefront 2 haha...

Don't get angry when it's only 8 maps and 3 are air maps, then 4 classes with 4 guns each.

But hey, maybe you can be a tomato man or something and build cool forts like that other game you kids play!

I do not believe this will be a problem. DICE will be making a ton of money from those willing to buy cosmetic items in game. Look at fortnite, that game is free and they are making 200 million a month or something crazy like that. With that type of money they could make tons of dlc
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The games sounds wonderful after watching Westie and new mechanics he points out, but that trailer just did not look ww2 to me.

DICE please remove the face paint and rust arm.
  • doctorrocktor
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The games sounds wonderful after watching Westie and new mechanics he points out, but that trailer just did not look ww2 to me.

DICE please remove the face paint and rust arm.

Those arms were used,i see alot of people complaining about a false arm,yet hover tanks were a great addition.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather have the devs bound by a Premium model in which they are required and expected to deliver high quality content, and not them saying: "here guys, chew this bone for a while - see you again in six months!".

• FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am so glad Insurgency is coming to console.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Well at least all you guys begging for no premium got your wish, thanks for ruining the longevity of the games life.

Don't get angry when it's only 8 maps and 3 are air maps, then 4 classes with 4 guns each.

I do not believe this will be a problem. DICE will be making a ton of money from those willing to buy cosmetic items in game. Look at fortnite, that game is free and they are making 200 million a month or something crazy like that. With that type of money they could make tons of dlc

The problem is them actually doing that, which more than likely won't happen.

Look at shooters with free dlc on the AAA market and you'll see the same trend - every single one of them get small tastes of dlc thrown at them over months-long periods of time. As in Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, SWBF2, and Titanfall 2 all get free dlc in the form of single maps thrown into the game every 4-6 months.

Rainbow 6 came out in 2015 and has 18 maps total. Bf1 came out in last 2016 and has 30. Case in point.

Overwatch came out in 2016 and has 20 maps total 10 of which are DLC maps, and 4 of which are small arcade death match maps you can't even play in the base game modes, and are less than half the size of your average Call of Duty map. That's 10 dlc maps 4 of which aren't base game mode maps, compared to BF1s 18 dlc maps on top of its original 9 maps in the same span of time.

I definitely prefer the premium model, and paid dlc in general. It guarantees future content at a certain quantity and quality, instead of relying on the studio to lazily dump out one map every 5 months.

I agree, it also allows for them to plan development. With premium there was an obligation to design more maps due to the revenue generated. The way they are moving to the rollout will depend on how well the game sells copies and continues to grow over time.

So if the game doesn't sell in the way EA/DICE expected they can scrap all new content and screw millions of paying people who would like to to have the same game lifespan as previous BF titles.

@Shadders_X BF didn't copy CoD, they provided features that customers demanded. Same as now with battle royale gamemodes. Again you can't be accused of copying something from someone who copied from someone else. But if you want to get technical then CoD copied Battlefield since Battlefield came with a first person war shooter before CoD. Not only did CoD copy the FPS aspects but also used a WW2 scenario like BF. So guess really you have it all backwards.
  • Shadders_X
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »

The problem is them actually doing that, which more than likely won't happen.

Look at shooters with free dlc on the AAA market and you'll see the same trend - every single one of them get small tastes of dlc thrown at them over months-long periods of time. As in Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, SWBF2, and Titanfall 2 all get free dlc in the form of single maps thrown into the game every 4-6 months.

Rainbow 6 came out in 2015 and has 18 maps total. Bf1 came out in last 2016 and has 30. Case in point.

Overwatch came out in 2016 and has 20 maps total 10 of which are DLC maps, and 4 of which are small arcade death match maps you can't even play in the base game modes, and are less than half the size of your average Call of Duty map. That's 10 dlc maps 4 of which aren't base game mode maps, compared to BF1s 18 dlc maps on top of its original 9 maps in the same span of time.

I definitely prefer the premium model, and paid dlc in general. It guarantees future content at a certain quantity and quality, instead of relying on the studio to lazily dump out one map every 5 months.

@Shadders_X BF didn't copy CoD, they provided features that customers demanded. Same as now with battle royale gamemodes. Again you can't be accused of copying something from someone who copied from someone else. But if you want to get technical then CoD copied Battlefield since Battlefield came with a first person war shooter before CoD. Not only did CoD copy the FPS aspects but also used a WW2 scenario like BF. So guess really you have it all backwards.
    Hi,
    BFBC2 introduced self healing in March 2010. It was a slow self heal. Here is a comment from an EA spokesperson from December 2010 :

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-03-ea-talks-up-strategy-to-beat-cod

The next instalment of BF was BF3 where health regeneration was much faster, and more like CoD.

DICE/EA strategy was to beat CoD for BF3, and they emulated CoD features to make BFBC2 more appealing, and increased the healing rate for the BF3 game, which made it even more appealing. Whether this was a strategy, or decided in isolation from CoD mechanics - we will never know. It's just an opinion.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Fleetwood1987
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Look at fortnite, that game is free and they are making 200 million a month or something crazy like that. With that type of money they could make tons of dlc

I'm done arguing the point that we will not get anything substantial because why would they. Creating new skins for constant income is way easier than creating new maps etc, not to mention they can't sell us actual guns or maps so why make more.

Have you tried Battlefront 2, even with the current system it takes forever to unlock crap and the content and customization is super limited.

People mention Fortnite but it's just new skins and 1 map, how much have they added with that 200 million a month... New skins don't keep me playing a game, not sure about everyone else.

Buying premium forced them to make more maps and guns etc, the millions they make on skins will just go towards making new skins until they release a reskin of a BF1942 map after a year.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    Overall, I think the positive news about gameplay massively outweighs the issues with the trailer
This discussion has been closed.