This Week in Battlefield V

Did you Know...about the new Mechanics in BF5? Like Revive & Medic... Sounds Great

AFROSRB
317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited May 2018
Since the Big Debate has started and Many are going nuts and are disappointed (I got my own opinion, positive as well as negative) I wanted to share with you guys a hopefully good new implemented mechanic for the Medics and other classes.

It won't be so that you throw a medi pack to a wounded player and it detects a player automatically and the healing process starts.

You could hear in the trailer at 0:30 as the wounded soldier shouted "Give me first aid" and the squad mate answered "Oh, sorry", it has a reason. First to point out how many players don't care about reviving lol, and secondly:

- The Fallen Soldier will experience his own bleeding to death and be able to turn his head around
- The Medic is going to have 10 sec. to revive a fallen soldier and be able to drag him to a safer place for reanimation
- Other classes will be able to revive also but not to 100% health and slower than the actual Medic
- When being revived, you'll see your squad mate's face from 1st person perspective (including his personal face customization) and he will talk to you
- In Death Cam View, first you're going to see what your squad is about to do and you can choose if you are going to spawn on your squad mates or skip, if you skip, then you'll see the spawn map.

The Source:
German Gamers to whom the actual gameplay was shown, they talk about it in the video after the live stream at 1h 52min
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/264684860

Angry Joe interviews DICE's senior producer Lars Gustavsson, at 24:47

Edit: No need to remove my post like the 1st one, I accidentally wrote BF1 instead BF5.
Remember the game is of course still in development so changes can be done, but this was shown to them as they've stated.
Post edited by AFROSRB on

Comments

• RipArkx2
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sounds epic
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

The revive and medic system OP mentioned? Heck yes!

No more 100% ammo on respawn, placing more importance on resupply? Heck yes!

Removal of random spread as seen in BF1? Heck yes!

Combat rolls thru intact windows, supine crawling and shooting, with all of the other revamped movement mechanics? Heck yes!

Return of customizable weapons (not just cosmetic) with bayonets, foregrips, bipods, vehicle mounts, flash hiders, etc? Heck yes!

Yes all this is a plus, especially the random spread removal (aaarggghh, so annoying when occurs). Only thing I wouldn't support is not 100% on respawn. I can see a reason why, to force players spawning on squad, but this wouldn't be a solution cuz if no support in squad or the whole team has barely one or none...then not so amazing

• TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The new squadmate drag and revive mechanics, combined with health and ammo attrition, means this game is shaping to be so much more tactical, strategic and slower, which immediately caters to the more intelligent players.

Combined with the new gun mechanics, it appears as though BFV is going to have a pretty high skill ceiling, which is actually really exciting.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    The new squadmate drag and revive mechanics, combined with health and ammo attrition, means this game is shaping to be so much more tactical, strategic and slower, which immediately caters to the more intelligent players.

Combined with the new gun mechanics, it appears as though BFV is going to have a pretty high skill ceiling, which is actually really exciting.

I dunno, while I agree that some of the new mechanics look like that they will be more skill based (but we don't know yet how suppression will be handled), some others might make the game much slower and "campy" compared to BF1 imo, which is not a positive for me and many other players.

Also I am not very excited by the addition of a lot of new animations (health/ammo, revive and many others). On top of making the game probably slower, I fear a big introduction of new unnecessary bugs with those new animations.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I dunno, while I agree that some of the new mechanics look like that they will be more skill based (but we don't know yet how suppression will be handled), some others might make the game much slower and "campy" compared to BF1 imo, which is not a positive for me and many other players.

Also I am not very excited by the addition of a lot of new animations (health/ammo, revive and many others). On top of making the game probably slower, I fear a big introduction of new unnecessary bugs with those new animations.

Yep. I totally get your concern.

More tactical / strategic doesn't always need to be boring / campy though.

R6S doesn't have that problem. That's a game that has a very decently established pace, despite being a much more methodical game.

Fair point about bugs and animations too. The big concern I have, after listening to the JackFrags interview today, is that it appears as though many of those animations are still being investigated and discussed internally on how to best introduce and execute them. These are bigger changes that would have hoped would have been well established into the game by now.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yep. I totally get your concern.

More tactical / strategic doesn't always need to be boring / campy though.

R6S doesn't have that problem. That's a game that has a very decently established pace, despite being a much more methodical game.

Fair point about bugs and animations too. The big concern I have, after listening to the JackFrags interview today, is that it appears as though many of those animations are still being investigated and discussed internally on how to best introduce and execute them. These are bigger changes that would have hoped would have been well established into the game by now.

Yeah, I hope we will see a lot more in a few weeks.

I welcome the addition of more tactical /strategic mechanics to the game which in my sense are quasi inexistent in BF1.

But comparing that to RS6 is a big stretch given the massive differences between these games.
  • AFROSRB

Well new bugs will occur with or without the new Animations, that's for sure. Every new game faces bugs that will/won't be fixed in a later patch. Bugs are just in the nature of games, which can't be totally wiped out
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AFROSRB wrote: »

Combat rolls thru intact windows, supine crawling and shooting, with all of the other revamped movement mechanics? Heck yes!

Return of customizable weapons (not just cosmetic) with bayonets, foregrips, bipods, vehicle mounts, flash hiders, etc? Heck yes!
    I can see a reason why, to force players spawning on squad, but this wouldn't be a solution cuz if no support in squad or the whole team has barely one or none...then not so amazing

You loot ammo off of dead enemies. Also, you can loot off of ammo supplies on fortifications.
  • Enno-ji
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    These, and all the other changes they have planned "under the hood" for BFV have me pretty jazzed. I'm amazed that the paintjob over it all has blown up like a rotten-egg-potato casserole left in the microwave too long.

Towing turrets and other battlefield placemnets? Heck yes!

Our usual 4 class system, but with the "exotic" archetypes to experiment with, drastically changing gameplay options? Heck yes!

Heck yeah to all of this! As a Vet of BF I am happy for this change and can't wait to see it in action and get my hands on BFV.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know you are being teased with the sizzle of a prime steak, when in reality it's the same old road kill hamburger. It's probably the same crew who programed BF1. If they don't fix the game mechanics, it's the same tangled mess with every aspect of bungle wrapped into it.

Any word on snipers insta kill and magic pistols? They shouldn't be besting infantry on the flag.
    Any word on aircraft farming infantry, safe from AA fire since it's perched on a hill as a sniper target?

They lost their way with BF1, and I'd like to see some proof they have learned to inject some fun into what became a hot mess.
  • gpkgpk
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018

Ya I share your concerns, look at the campy mess BF1 became after TTK2, ~1.5 years in. My platoon's KD may have gone up but the fun took a nosedive; LMG campers everywhere, noone PTFOing (all thing predicted and warned by CTE testers and yet it still went live)
    I hope w/ DICE Sweden fully back at the helm they've learned from the mistakes made.
    Does anyone remember a while back we were promised monthly balances in BF1? That never panned out and huge bugs and sever balance issues were left unfixed for 2-3 months; it's a mistake still being repeated.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I have a tiny word of concern here. Following the same sources of bfv info it seems Dice wants to make the game feel faster by adding more new animations and movement possibilities. But the same time this whole "all action in game have their own animations" is going to slow the game down. I'm pretty sure people will get bored to see the same resupply animation after a couple of rounds and while it might look "cool" it also takes time so you have to perform it instead of going back to the action immidiately.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gpkgpk wrote: »

Ya I share your concerns, look at the campy mess BF1 became after TTK2, ~1.5 years in. My platoon's KD may have gone up but the fun took a nosedive; LMG campers everywhere, noone PTFOing (all thing predicted and warned by CTE testers and yet it still went live)
    I hope w/ DICE Sweden fully back at the helm they've learned from the mistakes made.
    Does anyone remember a while back we were promised monthly balances in BF1? That never panned out and huge bugs and sever balance issues were left unfixed for 2-3 months; it's a mistake still being repeated.

I really don´t like TTK 2.0 either, K/D is still skyrocketing tho :trollface:
  • WesleY-O-HuanG
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    AFROSRB wrote: »

Yes all this is a plus, especially the random spread removal (aaarggghh, so annoying when occurs). Only thing I wouldn't support is not 100% on respawn. I can see a reason why, to force players spawning on squad, but this wouldn't be a solution cuz if no support in squad or the whole team has barely one or none...then not so amazing

Make no different... I sniped smo in BF1 more than 3 times but left his "teammate" medic beside...lol...