Weekly BF

Battlefield 2018

Comments

• bran1986
    5787 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Well at least all you guys begging for no premium got your wish, thanks for ruining the longevity of the games life.

Anyone still play Battlefront 2 haha...

Don't get angry when it's only 8 maps and 3 are air maps, then 4 classes with 4 guns each.

But hey, maybe you can be a tomato man or something and build cool forts like that other game you kids play!

Look at fortnite, that game is free and they are making 200 million a month or something crazy like that. With that type of money they could make tons of dlc

I'm done arguing the point that we will not get anything substantial because why would they. Creating new skins for constant income is way easier than creating new maps etc, not to mention they can't sell us actual guns or maps so why make more.

Have you tried Battlefront 2, even with the current system it takes forever to unlock crap and the content and customization is super limited.

People mention Fortnite but it's just new skins and 1 map, how much have they added with that 200 million a month... New skins don't keep me playing a game, not sure about everyone else.

Buying premium forced them to make more maps and guns etc, the millions they make on skins will just go towards making new skins until they release a reskin of a BF1942 map after a year.

And the YouTube's and players that where pushing to get premium removed will soon be complaining about the lack of content, don't know what you got till it's gone.

I guarantee this is going to happen. If we are 3 or 4 months in and all we got were skins and one remade bf1942 map, they will the roof and start screaming about the lack of content.
  • trip1ex
    4955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No Premium is awesome.

btw they didn't say they won't charge you for future weapons and vehicles. At least I didn't hear them say that.

I heard No Premium. I heard maps and modes will be free. I heard no pay to win. But I didn't hear that the things you can purchase will only be cosmetic. I didn't hear them say vehicles and weapons won't be available for purchase.

I read very few complaints that the DLC vehicles and weapons in BF1 were pay to play even though they can be used on vanilla maps and only Premium players can use them. So I think paying for new vehicles/weapons or early access to them is still a possibility.

• Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    “No premium”

“BFV only £100”
  • JediMastaWyn
    536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm really not sure how they are going to convert a £40 premium DLC investment into an equivalent cosmetic investment :s British skin packs for £10, US skin pack £10 etc etc. It cannot be weapons or vehicles as that will be screamed as pay to win

God I would hate to see anything like World of Tanks type of monetisation
  • dragonslayerxxx1
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    So far it looks like a battlefield to me in gameplay department...
    However I was overall disappointed with trailer.
    The amount of COD, Fortnite and PUBG implication was disgusting and they didn't even bother one second to show us reality of WW2 or game deepness-everything was just showoff, mindless shooting.
    I don't have a problem with women, I've heard some actually served in WW2 (sorry, history has never been my strong side :smile: ) and they said there's gender option.
    However here they also try to force sth upon us-just look at game cover-can it be more cringeworthy?
    It just shows you how they don't even understand how strong, female character is developed.
    Every bf cover had male soldier til now, and it works.Why? Beacuse the male soldier is ''representation'' of war and battle.
    It's like you're trying to sell heels and purse to a girl with a poster of tranvestite man (don't wanna offend smn, honestly) holding them- do you think she would buy them?
    And one more thing since it was pretty big thing back then- what about TTK?
    In trailer they mowing guys (even plane) like crazy. I think it was 3 bullets max to kill.
    Granted we don't know soldiers actual health but still...
    I'll never forget them what they did to bf1 at end of lifecycle and would hate to see history repeat itself.
    Also no premium is excellent, but if it ends like SWBF2, meh... I won't bother.
    That's all negativity, but I'm more positive about it actually- all that good mechanics like towing artillery, building defensive walls ( lookin' at you Trump), more teamplay is making me really excited. Kinda like little schoolgirl. Heh.
    Graphics seem like a blend between bf4 and bf1. And that's a good thing.
    I didn't play this franchise as much as I wanted, hopefully I'll be able to sink many hours in a new one.
    Overall I'm confused so I'll be playing it smart.
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    We know DICE is going heavy on customization. What I hope is that it stays faction based. Ex Americans have their own camos sights and clothes, because I don't want to see a Africsn women wearing American gear while fighting for the Germans. The African female is fine and all, but plz make sure she's dressed in German uniform and has a German gun.

But Drakesden said in a Early vid that customization sould be limited to presets given to you

In Drakesden tweeter Page though his days Behemoths are returning but their much different, but DICE said there's not going to be Behemoths... so?

And Drakesden said a Premium subscription is in as well which is like Fortnites Battle-pass

Can we trust Drakesdens somewhat contradicting leaks?

Watch this it'll make u feel better about the game then the trailer

Post edited by Gnow1370 on
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm not so keen on the trailer and now there's no premium I doubt I'll be buying now.

I'm looking at my old Road to Rome disc, Lovingly with a sigh.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well at least all you guys begging for no premium got your wish, thanks for ruining the longevity of the games life.

Don't get angry when it's only 8 maps and 3 are air maps, then 4 classes with 4 guns each.

But hey, maybe you can be a tomato man or something and build cool forts like that other game you kids play!

Look at fortnite, that game is free and they are making 200 million a month or something crazy like that. With that type of money they could make tons of dlc

I'm done arguing the point that we will not get anything substantial because why would they. Creating new skins for constant income is way easier than creating new maps etc, not to mention they can't sell us actual guns or maps so why make more.

Have you tried Battlefront 2, even with the current system it takes forever to unlock crap and the content and customization is super limited.

People mention Fortnite but it's just new skins and 1 map, how much have they added with that 200 million a month... New skins don't keep me playing a game, not sure about everyone else.

Buying premium forced them to make more maps and guns etc, the millions they make on skins will just go towards making new skins until they release a reskin of a BF1942 map after a year.

No I haven't played it Battlefront 2 and to be honest even though I got premium for BF1 I didn't really play much of the DLC because it isn't allowed in competitive games. I still believe that we will be getting new maps, 4 new maps each time? Probably not but the key is everyone can play them and the player base is no longer split.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No I haven't played it Battlefront 2 and to be honest even though I got premium for BF1 I didn't really play much of the DLC because it isn't allowed in competitive games. I still believe that we will be getting new maps, 4 new maps each time? Probably not but the key is everyone can play them and the player base is no longer split.

So not to be rude.....but why is it that everyone complains about how Premium split the player base but not complain about RSP.

To me RSP also splits the player base and if one doesn't want it to happen one should also protest RSPs.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

So not to be rude.....but why is it that everyone complains about how Premium split the player base but not complain about RSP.

To me RSP also splits the player base and if one doesn't want it to happen one should also protest RSPs.

Im probably being stupid here but what is RSP
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sorry...rental server program.
  • SMK_GAMING_2

Personally I have never found that to be a problem, most people who rent do so to play their comp games and password protect the server. The problem with RSP to me only comes whenever a particular map in the rotation is a DLC map that say you dont have and then loads have to leave the server and it dies, which will not happen if their is no premium.
  • VBALL_MVP

Personally I have never found that to be a problem, most people who rent do so to play their comp games and password protect the server. The problem with RSP to me only comes whenever a particular map in the rotation is a DLC map that say you dont have and then loads have to leave the server and it dies, which will not happen if their is no premium.

But what about people using 24/7 maps. You essentially are splitting the community from people who play general servers and only one map.
  • SMK_GAMING_2

But what about people using 24/7 maps. You essentially are splitting the community from people who play general servers and only one map.

I don't see how they are splitting the community though, anyone can join those servers if they wanted to
  • VBALL_MVP

I don't see how they are splitting the community though, anyone can join those servers if they wanted to

Anyone could buy premium too. It's a choice.
  • SMK_GAMING_2

Yes and that cost £39.99 if you chose to get it, if someone rents a server and it is public you can join it freely for free. Some people do not have near £90 to spend on a single video game between the base game and the DLC.
  • VBALL_MVP

Yes and that cost £39.99 if you chose to get it, if someone rents a server and it is public you can join it freely for free. Some people do not have near £90 to spend on a single video game between the base game and the DLC.

But RSP costs money too. And if one can't afford premium my argument is maybe they shouldn't be buying video games in the first place.
  • SMK_GAMING_2

But RSP costs money too. And if one can't afford premium my argument is maybe they shouldn't be buying video games in the first place.

Doesn't cost the person who finds the server and wants to play in it though. Only the person who bought it.

I completely disagree with that, as I said £90 for 1 game is too much. I bought the game, paid for premium and bought countless servers totalling well over £200. Very few can afford that. I understand some think the quality will go down but to me premium and the maps we got in bf1 were not worth it.
  • VBALL_MVP

Doesn't cost the person who finds the server and wants to play in it though. Only the person who bought it.

I completely disagree with that, as I said £90 for 1 game is too much. I bought the game, paid for premium and bought countless servers totalling well over £200. Very few can afford that. I understand some think the quality will go down but to me premium and the maps we got in bf1 were not worth it.

90 is not really that much when you look at the history of cost in video games. There hasn't been much increase (if any) for video games.

My opinion of course, but to me RSP and custom maps like locker only does split the community cause you have now two groups of people...those who choose to play normal map rotations that can be joined via quickmatch and custom servers that need searching and have limited range. That's two separate and large groups....thus splitting the community by choice. Just like the choice to buy more maps or not.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

90 is not really that much when you look at the history of cost in video games. There hasn't been much increase (if any) for video games.

I remember buying 1942 on disc for PC for around £20 GBP in 2002

That's the modern equivalent of roughly £30

https://www.officialdata.org/2002-GBP-in-2017?amount=20

That's a huge difference compared to £90.
This discussion has been closed.