BFV: Will you Buy or Pass?

Comments

• vulpesveritas
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BaoeDiHoe wrote: »
    Pass. Will wait and hope they dont mess up battlefield 6: Vietnam.

ok, so you wont buy the game because of 1 trailer with 30 seconds of actual gameplay in singleplayer?

Are you sure it was SP ?

Looked like MP to me.

Might have been the procedureally generated co-op that's been touted. Or just an in-engine scripted sequence in general. In any case, going over the list of things being added to bf1, it seemed to me the trailer was a poorly put together attempt to cram all the new stuff into two minutes of video.

In any case, Buy for me: gunplay, gameplay, physics improvements, greater emphasis on teamplay, honestly by what's been described by youtubers I can't think of anything described that isn't an upgrade over BF1, besides some of the oddities the customization system might bring. I don't expect too many people to go really weird on the customizations, and those that do, will simply be easier to hit targets, lol.
  • BaoeDiHoe
    49 postsMember Member
    edited May 2018

ok, so you wont buy the game because of 1 trailer with 30 seconds of actual gameplay in singleplayer?

Yep. I have seen enough. EA murdered WWII.

im trying to understand you and maaaany others, you have not seen mp gameplay, you clearly dont know about all of the known changes to the game?
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pass, only thing that gonna push me buying (which I don't expect to happen) is a Yugoslavian Faction. DICE messed it up not putting Serbs in a WW1 BF1 game, so I'll pass this time. And I didn't even finish everything with BF4, BFH, and BF1, got enuff to play, so not throwing my money away.
  • Turfschipper
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018

im trying to understand you and maaaany others, you have not seen mp gameplay, you clearly dont know about all of the known changes to the game?

I do know it looks like ****. And i do know i will encounter braveheart looking like people with hookhands. Looking like they are from 2018 instead of 1940.

I do know this trailer did remind me zero point zero about WWII. And i was only waiting for 15 years for a new battlefield 1942 with todays grafix and sounds.

I do know about the stupid customising in the game.

That is enough for me to not buy this game, cause i will only get annoyed that we did not get what the fans really wanted. A true gritty WWII game.

Watch this, this is a WWII trailer...

• Wlnnie-Pooh
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @Vespervin
    meanwhile on the eastern front ;)
  • BaoeDiHoe
    49 postsMember Member

I do know it looks like ****. And i do know i will encounter braveheart looking like people with hookhands. Looking like they are from 2018 instead of 1940.

I do know this trailer did remind me zero point zero about WWII. And i was only waiting for 15 years for a new battlefield 1942 with todays grafix and sounds.

I do know about the stupid customising in the game.

That is enough for me to not buy this game, cause i will only get annoyed that we did not get what the fans really wanted. A true gritty WWII game.

im not talking about just the costumasing.
  • Turfschipper
    edited May 2018
    You were trying to understand why i and maaaaany others are already sure they wont buy it. I tried to explain my reasons.

You still fail to understand, or i did not explain well enough.
  • Vespervin
    1248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Vespervin
    meanwhile on the eastern front ;)

Lmao yeah. BF5 right there.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Pass for me. I passed on BF1 because of the removal of community run servers and the RSP debacle. Unless they do a 180 and allow 3rd party providers to host servers again I don't see myself giving any money to EA. Plenty of other games to play that don't give the middle finger to their player base.
  • RobDMaggot
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BEFLAR wrote: »
    Anyone here, in a battlefield forum, who say "pass" is lying.

You're a clever one ;)
    The reason for this post was to gather enough data for analysis. After the first few weeks of the game shipping out to the public, I'll look back at this post, and count how many people that "Passed" will have the BFV initials embedded below their name tags.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    Mines pretty clearly not lying :).
  • blackghost17
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the player cap is 64 Im passing.
  • Turfschipper
    edited May 2018
    Haha, maybe nice to do that.

To be fair, i only bought battlefield 1942, Vietnam and 1. First two i loved and i played them for years, each day.

All other battlefields i passed cause i did not like them. Sadly V will be the new one on the list.

But i have good hope for a new Vietnam. If they take that seriously that will be so much fun and awesome.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    When you pre-order , EA do not charge your CC or Paypal up front and you can cancel the order up to the actual release date. I would recommend you pre-order and at least play the Beta and decide if the game is for you and if not cancel before the actual release date on Oct 15
  • Vespervin
    1248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When you pre-order , EA do not charge your CC or Paypal up front and you can cancel the order up to the actual release date. I would recommend you pre-order and at least play the Beta and decide if the game is for you and if not cancel before the actual release date on Oct 15

Yep. Microsoft typically charges for pre-orders around when the game launches. I'm going to play the beta and cancel the pre-order regardless of whether I like it or not. Then, if I like the game and want to play it, I'll purchase it a couple of weeks or a month after launch.
  • TheBomber656
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pre-ordered already. The crazy customization was my biggest con; but I decided to get it anyway due to the new game-play changes. I just wanna sit there with my MG-42 and shoot through walls. The concept art exploration looked promising, but it is most likely edited to look good.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Will,be preordering, as I 100% have faith in DICE.
    Been a loyal of the series for sometime now, looking forward to new Horizons
  • bl00d_lover0121
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pre-ordered already
This discussion has been closed.