Battlefield 2018

Comments

• trip1ex
    4982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Well at least all you guys begging for no premium got your wish, thanks for ruining the longevity of the games life.

Anyone still play Battlefront 2 haha...

Don't get angry when it's only 8 maps and 3 are air maps, then 4 classes with 4 guns each.

But hey, maybe you can be a tomato man or something and build cool forts like that other game you kids play!

Look at fortnite, that game is free and they are making 200 million a month or something crazy like that. With that type of money they could make tons of dlc

I'm done arguing the point that we will not get anything substantial because why would they. Creating new skins for constant income is way easier than creating new maps etc, not to mention they can't sell us actual guns or maps so why make more.

Have you tried Battlefront 2, even with the current system it takes forever to unlock crap and the content and customization is super limited.

People mention Fortnite but it's just new skins and 1 map, how much have they added with that 200 million a month... New skins don't keep me playing a game, not sure about everyone else.

Buying premium forced them to make more maps and guns etc, the millions they make on skins will just go towards making new skins until they release a reskin of a BF1942 map after a year.

No I haven't played it Battlefront 2 and to be honest even though I got premium for BF1 I didn't really play much of the DLC because it isn't allowed in competitive games. I still believe that we will be getting new maps, 4 new maps each time? Probably not but the key is everyone can play them and the player base is no longer split.

So not to be rude.....but why is it that everyone complains about how Premium split the player base but not complain about RSP.

To me RSP also splits the player base and if one doesn't want it to happen one should also protest RSPs.

Im probably being stupid here but what is RSP

Sorry...rental server program.

Personally I have never found that to be a problem, most people who rent do so to play their comp games and password protect the server. The problem with RSP to me only comes whenever a particular map in the rotation is a DLC map that say you dont have and then loads have to leave the server and it dies, which will not happen if their is no premium.

But what about people using 24/7 maps. You essentially are splitting the community from people who play general servers and only one map.

I don't see how they are splitting the community though, anyone can join those servers if they wanted to

Anyone could buy premium too. It's a choice.

Yes and that cost £39.99 if you chose to get it, if someone rents a server and it is public you can join it freely for free. Some people do not have near £90 to spend on a single video game between the base game and the DLC.

But RSP costs money too. And if one can't afford premium my argument is maybe they shouldn't be buying video games in the first place.

Doesn't cost the person who finds the server and wants to play in it though. Only the person who bought it.

I completely disagree with that, as I said £90 for 1 game is too much. I bought the game, paid for premium and bought countless servers totalling well over £200. Very few can afford that. I understand some think the quality will go down but to me premium and the maps we got in bf1 were not worth it.

90 is not really that much when you look at the history of cost in video games. There hasn't been much increase (if any) for video games.

My opinion of course, but to me RSP and custom maps like locker only does split the community cause you have now two groups of people...those who choose to play normal map rotations that can be joined via quickmatch and custom servers that need searching and have limited range. That's two separate and large groups....thus splitting the community by choice. Just like the choice to buy more maps or not.

you're being obtuse lol.

the entire issue with Premium is about the experience of hiding maps and modes behind an additional Paywall. 16 years of BF has shown that only a minority buy the DLC. It has shown that the DLC maps and modes can die out or become difficult to access. It has shown that it is often a hassle to play with friends when some friends have DLC and some don't. IT has shown that there's always a hassle on hosting maps on servers because they gotta have some servers with vanilla maps only. some with DLC only. Some with both. Some with just the 1st DLC. Some with just the 2nd DLC. Some with just the 3rd DLC. Some with just the 4th DLC. Good luck to anyone that wants to just buy the 3rd DLC and having a good experience trying to play those maps.

The entire problem is because multiplayer maps and modes don't become more valuable the fewer that have access to them. They become less valuable. That's never exactly been a Premium experience.

And it's the opposite of weapons and vehicles and customizations. Those things become more valuable the fewer that have them.

• Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Honestly, I would rather have one amazing map that would be the bf equivalent of de_dust than 3 or 4 forgettable ones like all the turning tides DLC
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

you're being obtuse lol.

the entire issue with Premium is about the experience of hiding maps and modes behind an additional Paywall. 16 years of BF has shown that only a minority buy the DLC. It has shown that the DLC maps and modes can die out or become difficult to access. It has shown that it is often a hassle to play with friends when some friends have DLC and some don't. IT has shown that there's always a hassle on hosting maps on servers because they gotta have some servers with vanilla maps only. some with DLC only. Some with both. Some with just the 1st DLC. Some with just the 2nd DLC. Some with just the 3rd DLC. Some with just the 4th DLC. Good luck to anyone that wants to just buy the 3rd DLC and having a good experience trying to play those maps.

The entire problem is because multiplayer maps and modes don't become more valuable the fewer that have access to them. They become less valuable. That's never exactly been a Premium experience.

And it's the opposite of weapons and vehicles and customizations. Those things become more valuable the fewer that have them.

Soon the entire problem will be that we're getting barely any post launch content at all. I'm willing to bet even those in favor of free dlc will end up complaining at some point. It's already happened to SWBF2.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Honestly, I would rather have one amazing map that would be the bf equivalent of de_dust than 3 or 4 forgettable ones like all the turning tides DLC

Dust is iconic and also nostalgic.
    But I think their main focus is grand operations and the maps will be more suited to that game mode.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    xenome111 wrote: »

Dust is iconic and also nostalgic.
    But I think their main focus is grand operations and the maps will be more suited to that game mode.

Yes, I didn't mean a literal transcription of dust, I meant something that would become as iconic and legendary, and that you can play for days and still find new strategies on it. In other words, quality over quantity.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »

90 is not really that much when you look at the history of cost in video games. There hasn't been much increase (if any) for video games.

I remember buying 1942 on disc for PC for around £20 GBP in 2002

That's the modern equivalent of roughly £30

https://www.officialdata.org/2002-GBP-in-2017?amount=20

That's a huge difference compared to £90.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

That article is primarily concerned with hardware prices, not games/software.
    It's comparing apples with lemons and lemons against oranges.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018

That article is primarily concerned with hardware prices, not games/software.
    It's comparing apples with lemons and lemons against oranges.

No not really. Third paragraph addresses games themselves. For example Nintendo games were $50. Battlefield V preorder....$60. Not much has changed there over 30 years.
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    What if we had Swastikas for BFV for the Germans who used them, yes the main army used the Cross I believe and the elite unit used the Swastika, and had the option to turn them into the Iron Cross if we didn't want them?
    Post edited by Gnow1370 on
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One developer has mentioned that there probably will be "local override for skins".

So the oh so offended don't have to worry about peeing themselves when they see a face paint in their videogame.
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I see that one of the perks of pre-ordering, is getting special face paints hehehe.

I just have to pre-order now.
  • GUNNY1966
    697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ( 1 ) No Server Rental
    ( 2 ) No Procon support
    ( 3 ) No Battlelog or Equal Browser
    NO BFV Purchase - It's that simple!!!
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »
    ( 1 ) No Server Rental
    ( 2 ) No Procon support

I'm sure a multi-billionaire company will miss your 60€.
  • doctorrocktor
    1872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »
    ( 1 ) No Server Rental
    ( 2 ) No Procon support
    Bye then we will still be here.
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I think all the changes coming outweigh the fact there are females and any other crap haters dislike. DICE what's everyone to create a character(s) that the player can attach too, and wants the player to customize them to their liking, even it means no historical accuracy. Bf1 wasn't historically accurate, "cough" Hellriegel, other prototype guns.

Rags rants about women in BFV
    Post edited by Gnow1370 on
  • EdwinSpangler
    1793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Whats "turning tides"?
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, I would rather they took the time to give us 1 really good map rather than 3/4 average ones every 3/4 months
  • Alphazetamu

Whats "turning tides"?

It was the third DLC of BF 1, that came in two parts around xmas last year. It had Gallipoli and Achi Baba in the first part, which were ok, but the two that came after that were dead on arrival.
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, I would rather they took the time to give us 1 really good map rather than 3/4 average ones every 3/4 months

Lmao, one good map? I refer you to SWBF2, also made by DICE, and not only it's not good maps, but it's paltry near non-existent post launch content.

We won't be getting one good map, we'll be getting a lazy map thrown at us every 6 months. Imo the free maps DICE has done throughout the BF franchise thus far have been the worse. Operation Outbreak, Giants Shadow, Nivelle Nights, Prise De Tehure.

At least Premium guaranteed content of a certain degree of quality and quantity. With free maps DICE has repeatedly proven it appears they just throw something together and patch it into the base game.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Lmao, one good map? I refer you to SWBF2, also made by DICE, and not only it's not good maps, but it's paltry near non-existent post launch content.

We won't be getting one good map, we'll be getting a lazy map thrown at us every 6 months. Imo the free maps DICE has done throughout the BF franchise thus far have been the worse. Operation Outbreak, Giants Shadow, Nivelle Nights, Prise De Tehure.

At least Premium guaranteed content of a certain degree of quality and quantity. With free maps DICE has repeatedly proven it appears they just throw something together and patch it into the base game.
    Loqtrall wrote: »

I liked most of the premium maps. I already miss premium.
This discussion has been closed.