BFV: Will you Buy or Pass?

Comments

• doctorrocktor
    1954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Solid_9493 wrote: »
    Hristos34 wrote: »
    Pass. I was hoping for a good WWII game but based on the trailer, and comments by the creators, it seems as though they are aiming for a more fantasy/fortnite game. It's too bad because I have enjoyed some previous battlefield titles, and I do like some of the continuity ideas, but the game play and mechanics look too cartoonish. Any sense of realism has been tossed out the window. Not my taste. These are many of the same reasons I passed on BF1 as well, a game I was really excited for.

I hope those saying pass truly will. The only way to make a point with these large companies is with your wallet.

I strongly believe anyone who saw any similarity between the trailer and fortnite has some serious mental issues.

The graphics are awesome and far from cartoonish,the trailer is scripted and oversaturated.

Those who gave or give money to buy it already know this is an original team based tactical game.

I am actually glad that all those who got triggered with the female,prosthetic arm and facepaint wont buy the game and we are going to have a more serious community this year who cares about the gameplay.

Well put
  • Natetendo83
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pass. Unless they give us the option to disable whatever cosmetics we don’t want to see I’ll just beef up my PC for Post Scriptum.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'll prob buy 2 copies - 1 for PS4 and one for xb1. Won't decide for sure until I play the beta.
    Post edited by x_Undaunted_x on
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pass. I was hoping for a good WWII game but based on the trailer, and comments by the creators, it seems as though they are aiming for a more fantasy/fortnite game. It's too bad because I have enjoyed some previous battlefield titles, and I do like some of the continuity ideas, but the game play and mechanics look too cartoonish. Any sense of realism has been tossed out the window. Not my taste. These are many of the same reasons I passed on BF1 as well, a game I was really excited for.

I hope those saying pass truly will. The only way to make a point with these large companies is with your wallet.

I strongly believe anyone who saw any similarity between the trailer and fortnite has some serious mental issues.

The graphics are awesome and far from cartoonish,the trailer is scripted and oversaturated.

Those who gave or give money to buy it already know this is an original team based tactical game.

I am actually glad that all those who got triggered with the female,prosthetic arm and facepaint wont buy the game and we are going to have a more serious community this year who cares about the gameplay.

I find it funny that anyone could be convinced either way (to pass on it or to buy it) without seeing game footage. I think the people that do support it are overselling the features. Some of the gameplay changes sound too good to be true, like selling miracle water. On the other hand, people acting like its the end of the world are being stupid too.

So I await to see a gameplay raw video or a beta.

• Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I find it funny that anyone could be convinced either way (to pass on it or to buy it) without seeing game footage. I think the people that do support it are overselling the features. Some of the gameplay changes sound too good to be true, like selling miracle water. On the other hand, people acting like its the end of the world are being stupid too.

So I await to see a gameplay raw video or a beta.

Thats totally respectable and in any way i didnt said everyone should pre order the game or something like this.

But i cant help myself when i see comments like "it looks like fortnite" because this is nonsense and stupid.
  • tylereverette
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I pre ordered it already. I just bought it because I know I'll like it. I've like all the Battlefield games. I'm sure it's not going to be like CoD or Fortnite like a lot of people think.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 2018
    I pass for now. They showed a great looking game. It looked like a lot of games, just not like a BF game to me.

Perhaps i buy it in sale.

It seems EA listens less and less to his old customers wishes.
  • DisguisedMike
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    It's Battlefield so I'll buy it but I'll stick with the normal edition because I don't think that the deluxe edition bonuses are worth it. Almost everytime I bought a deluxe edition from EA I ended up regretting it. I'll spend that $20 on another game.

Even if I only play BFV for 100 hours like Hardline or BF1 it will still be worth my money but I'm in no rush to preorder. I just don't see the point of doing that anymore, they won't run out of digital copies. I never preorder more than a few days or weeks before release and I only do it to pre-load my games. Giving them money months in advance won't make the game better.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not gonna lie, the trailer through me for a loop, but after having some time to think about it, Im ready for some crazy off the wall stuff. Been playing Battlefield for over 16 year now, so as long as the gameplay is fun, which I'm sure it will be, I'm fine with female char's and crazy cosmetics.

I pre ordered the digital deluxe version.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RobDMaggot wrote: »
    BEFLAR wrote: »
    Anyone here, in a battlefield forum, who say "pass" is lying.

You're a clever one ;)
    The reason for this post was to gather enough data for analysis. After the first few weeks of the game shipping out to the public, I'll look back at this post, and count how many people that "Passed" will have the BFV initials embedded below their name tags.

Now that your evil plan has been unveiled, people will create a separate account and purchase BF5 on it.
  • Skull_Tooth
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll buy when it is $10 on PC, should only take about 2 months. It looks like Battlefield 1 Two, so no reason to upgrade on release.
  • TryHiTm3_NL
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Preordered my Faith stays whit battlefield like always
  • xXTDMasterXx
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Preordered and Cancelled.. Disappointed from trailers / Interviews features .. waiting for Gameplay and more Videos...
  • LieutenantVixen
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If EA play confirms the gameplay to be as good as they say, definitely will buy.
  • trip1ex
    5227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will see everyone in this thread day 1.
  • TheAv3nger14
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm definitely going to pass for now. Each game has steadily gotten worse since BF3. BF1 was certainly no exception. No concrete decision, unlsss they do an open beta atleast.
  • AgnusDei66
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pre-ordered already

PS: trailer sucks.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    I am a Battlefield Veteran. Since day 1 , Wake Island Beta BF 1942 2002 and every iteration since then. I did not purchase Hardline but I played the Beta. Enough said.
    I have pre ordered BF V.
    I have not been charged by EA against my PayPal and I don't expect to be until the official game release (3 days before 19 Oct)
    Only because I get early access to the Open Beta was the reasoning behind my pre order. I wish to see for myself if this is the game they have turned it into
    I am not happy with the female character in the trailer and her presentation. This is not what I want to see in Battlefield.
    Female characters are welcome, however they have to be in context with the era and the situation. eg Russian Snipers, British SOE Agents, French Resistance.
    I don't know why EA /DICE had to include the prosthetic arm on the female soldier. It is ridiculous and unnecessary. It doesn't lend itself to any credence or credibility whatsoever.
    The Airborne British soldier with the Katana is relatively believable as there was a British officer Lt Col "Mad Jack" Churchill who carried a sword into battle during WW2, also a Long Bow and Bag Pipes.
    I am not so sure about the Black British Soldier with the blue face paint covering his entire face. This is not face camouflage used by soldiers in WW2 and it makes one 'stand out" which is the exact opposite of what face camouflage is supposed to do. It does not reflect the environment he is fighting in.
    I do not have a problem with black soldiers at all, they did fight in WW2, including American Japanese in the ETO , the famous Nisei 442nd Regimental Combat Team comprised entirely of Japanese-Americans who were awarded 21 MoH's (mostly after the war)
    I think EA/DICE need to rethink their customisation priorities and make some changes otherwise if this is the tone they are setting, I do not want to be a part of it.
    It is disrespectful to all those who fought and died in this conflict by making a mockery of their sacrifice. I feel EA /DICE have gone too far and they need to be more conservative in their approach.
    If they fail to heed this advice, then I will be cancelling my order at the conclusion of the Open Beta period.

• Simk1n
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2018
    Pass for me. I skipped BF1 and i will skip this one. BF4 for two more years it is.

The timeline is just totally not interesting. I want modern vehicles and weapons.

Thank god there still is alot of crowded servers on BF4.

Hope we see a new modern BF game next time, BF3->BF4->BF5

This discussion has been closed.