BF5 Pacific Theatres

Ors0m
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Everyone's complaining about the historical accuracy and the portrayal of women in BF5, I'm just really hoping the game includes locations from the European, African AND Pacific theatres. When BF1 launched there were way too many desert maps and I think that was partially why the game died early on. Although it was eventually fixed with the DLC's, it was already a bit too late and most of the player base had left (at least on Xbox). Currently, I've only seen gameplay/concept art of mostly European settings, a couple of desert maps and no content from the Pacific.

I think that there needs to be an even mix from all 3 theatres at launch (and not just release them as DLC's/updates), as to not repeat the mistakes of BF1 and COD WW2. Thoughts on this?

Comments

• Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    They confirmed North Africa in the reveal questioning thing before the trailer. I do not remember if they said anything about the Pacific
  • Ors0m
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2018
    They confirmed North Africa in the reveal questioning thing before the trailer. I do not remember if they said anything about the Pacific

Yeah, I did see a couple of 'concept explorations' of North African settings. Being an Australian though, I would really like to see some Pacific maps in the game at launch (showing some more of the roles of Australian, American and Japanese forces), instead of arriving in future updates.
  • Noodlesocks
    1867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's no naval gameplay so I guess it's unlikely to have any pacific maps until later, if at all. At least any new content is going to be free.
  • TheMunt
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The way i interpreted it is the maps mentioned are the initial roll out theatres, then as time goes by they will introduce new ones, much like expansion pax, but FOC
  • impulsive_tango
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    North Africa is the first part of the game with more content later. From my research the free content will be offset buy mote games being sold. Plus the fact the previous maps and weapons will be reskined for BF5.
  • uToxicCake
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just hope they confirm the Eastern front. That should be the main/best part of this game.
  • z503082766
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

SIngapore , they had said
  • Rayman493
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They said the new seasons/chapters (Free DLC) will take you through different parts of the war all across the world so I'm guessing they will come out with those kind of maps later on...I tweeted on their page "Can't forget about the Pacific" and they liked the tweet but didn't say anything so I'm 90% sure they will come out with some Pacific maps later on after launch.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Guadalcanal is a must , Naval Battles a must (ships were on BF1 so I taking a punt this will be added later on ) wake Island is a must updates to Frostbite 3 of course original map from BF 1942 can't see why this would be excluded Peleliu Okinawa & Iwo Jima a must inclusion anything else is a bonus. Carrier based aircraft a must if we are talking PTO e.g Midway, Leyte, Coral Sea, Marianas Turkey Shoot.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is if the game does not sell well or they do not sell a lot of cosmetics there is nothing that makes them do multiple DLCs. Sure they'll be the first and the 2nd 'cause they are probably in the pipeline but it is a business and there is no requirement to make a Pacific theater if there is no money to be made from it ... and this is the downside of not having a Premium/Season Pass model which commits them to (normally) 4 DLCs.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    The problem is if the game does not sell well or they do not sell a lot of cosmetics there is nothing that makes them do multiple DLCs. Sure they'll be the first and the 2nd 'cause they are probably in the pipeline but it is a business and there is no requirement to make a Pacific theater if there is no money to be made from it ... and this is the downside of not having a Premium/Season Pass model which commits them to (normally) 4 DLCs.

Lot of guesswork there and assumptions. We will have to wait and see EA play /E3 what the reception is to actual gameplay
  • Vespervin
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It will be like BF1, where they added new theatres of war via DLC drops.

I hope that's the case anyway. One thing I really dislike about Call of Duty WWII is how they designed the factions and the locations. I want to banzai charge on an island as a IJA officer!
  • captdavid160
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's interesting Dice wants diversity yet they ignore the Asian Theater for World War 2 and no Chinese soldier have ever been added in a battlefield game yet.
  • LieutenantVixen
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game is being created in chronological order and since they're starting in Europe and not China, that means (I assume) you won't get any Pacific until after the Barbarossa maps, which I'd assume would be the 2nd DLC pack after the Fall of Europe one we get initially. Whether they'll release Africa or the Pacific first I dunno; you're looking at having to wait 3 or 4 DLCs down the line before you get the Pacific.
  • dunseth98
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well ww2 lasted from 1938 to 1945 not saying they have seven years if content rather seven years to work with. I'd really like to see something not Eurpean front related its a beaten horse not that it wasn't one horrific fronts and where the greatest horrors man kind has ever bore witness to occurred , its just well. Honestly its been used to much in a game. Who knows lot of crazy shots went down in the Pacific and given how people tend to loose there bananas when something is historically acurate, history is written by the victors after all. History's a bi#!: more often then not. And Dice has to work with it. But that's my piece open to the fact I am an complete idiot.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    edited February 9
    dunseth98 wrote: »
    Well ww2 lasted from 1938 to 1945 .

LOL you don't know your history , go back to school- boy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II

Date

1 September 1939 – 2 September 1945
    (6 years and 1 day)[a]

Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • GrimesSU
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    dunseth98 wrote: »
    Well ww2 lasted from 1938 to 1945 .

LOL you don't know your history , go back to school- boy.

To be fair, his date of the start of WWII is about as close as DICE's date of 1940... :D
    DOFfKuD.png?1
  • Noromiz
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I guess we can assume that at the very least, we will see a "Russian Front", "North African Campaign" and the "Pacific Theaters of War" (with better names hopefully).
    Bringing in material from the different factions.

Russian Front:
    Quite obviously bringing in some Russian tanks (T34, IS-1 and KV2?) and weapons (Side-by-side shotgun, PPSh-41 with a good ol' drum mag and 71 rounds, Mosin-Nagant, Molotov).
    Less obviously the could bring in some Finnish stuff too (from the Winter War) and make a USSR vs Japan map.

North African Campaign:
    More maps and a few more German, British and so on weapons?
    Like the PIAT and "pink desert camo for vehicles"?

Pacific Theater:
    Could be divided into Chinese and Pacific I guess.
    But in any way it would bring the USA and Japanese stuff, with tanks from both sides and their weapons. Would be quite entertaining if they added the Japanese "Anti-Tank Mine on a Stick"/"Lunge Mine" too ^^
    If they add Midway too, then that would be lovely.
    I know Great Britain was here too, but it would probably be more important(?) to add US and Japanese stuff first.

EDIT:
    The war started in 1939 with the invasion of Poland and ended in 1945...
  • Jonay2297
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's interesting Dice wants diversity yet they ignore the Asian Theater for World War 2 and no Chinese soldier have ever been added in a battlefield game yet.

There were Chinese soldiers in Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 4.
    But I get what you mean, there hasn't been any WWII Battlefield game with Chinese soldiers yet.
  • jaminmonkey1984
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Apart from battlefield 2 u mean. You know where china was a main faction