BF109 vs Spitfire (Energy vs Turnfighter)

snavelaer
1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Both were excellent fighterplanes. And up against eachother there was not one that dominated the other.
They were both different planes with different charasteristics.

Are we going to see that in game?
If I am flying in a Spitfire would I try to persuade the BF109 fighter to get in a turn and outturn him or when I am flying the BF109 I do 'Boom and zoom'?
Would you like to have assymatrical warfare or would you like to have all the fighterplanes feel the same?
Easiest to balance but less interesting.

Comments

• oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait for Hellcats vs Zeros.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They will probably be exactly the same, just different skins for each side.
  • ANTIHERO202
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I doubt they are going to make a difference in the fighter class itself. Like you said for example with boom&zoom and energy fighting.

I think they will make it like bf1, where will have a fighter, assault plane and a bomber. The Germans could (for example) have this line-up;

BF109 as fighter
    JU87 (Stuka) as assault plane
    He-111 as bomber

• rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It'a a big question. Part of me wants to see something like that (planes with individual characteristics) while the other part isn't confident it can be pulled off properly. I'm also curious whether you'll be able to pick your play type (fighter/bomber) during deployment or if you'll have BF4 Style with set slots for each type of vehicle. I prefer the latter as it gives more variety to the BF and forces you to learn more vehicles.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know about Bf1, but in Bf3, there were differences between the US and Russian attack choppers and tanks. Don't know about planes because that wasn't my cup of tea. But, they could implement similar differences. (Ex: Zeros would turn faster but have lighter armor. Hellcats would have more firepower, overall horsepower)
  • Noodlesocks
    3446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ground vehicles are apparently going to be different for each faction so I do hope that extends to the aircraft too.
  • heresPaul
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m no pilot but Ive played Battlefront for years and people complain about one sides aircraft being better than the other, the rebels much better than empire I believe... so it’s probably best to have equal aircraft
  • Obsidiann6
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In BF1942 there was a difference between BF109 and Spitfire. Asymmetry would definitely help the game to get more depth. Of course it is also more difficult to balance (see Starcraft etc.).
  • DingoKillr
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are difference that make game balance very difficult example the guns give a massive advantage to the BF109 while the spitfire had better visual. Then on top training and numbers change aspects of head to head, let's not forget fuel most BF109 had very limited time over Britian before having to return to base.

Even the movie Dunkirk showed how Spitfires had fuel issues over France and the lowlands.

My points is without those key aspect asymmetrical balance can be very bad unless some difference are closer like guns while others are further apart.
  • trip1ex
    5104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yeah in bf42 the BF109 would climb better but spitfire could out turn it.
  • ANTIHERO202
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I do honestly hope they will balance it out. :) maybe we will see a CTE for BF V and Dice can try some balancing there!
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am infantry and what is this
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    At least I hope they make the physics/handling a liitle bit like BF1943. Those planes were very fun to fly. I was very dissapointed in the way BF3 planes were flown. Even the planes in bf1 weren't that great in comparison with 1943. And the sound of the planes in 1943 WOWWWWWW!
    Really when I started playing bf3 I was aspecting great phsysics and immersive sound of the jet. But it was MEHhhh,.

Strange that even though they (DICE) did something great in the past they change it up in the present.
    Read; - singleplayers (bf:bc had great potential)
    - sound design (the sound of the planes in 1943 were awesome, the sound of the guns firing in bfbc were the best in the series)
    - destruction (the destruction was best in bfbc2 where the whole building could collapse including shreeking sound of steel)
  • snavelaer
    I wish they make the handling a little bit like in bf1943. The plane physics were awesome in that game and I am was very dissapointed when I started playing BF3. The jets felt a bit to agile. Even the old biplanes of BF1 didn't quit match . The sound of the jets wasn't that great when whistling by. The sound of BF1943 was better.

Strange how they change something that is great in older games and make it worse in newer games.
    Read;
    - The sound (the gun sounds of bfbc were one of the best. It gave the illussion of being very loud)
    - The singleplayer (the singleplayer of BF:BC had great potential)

I can thing of more but would be offtopic ;)
  • snavelaer
    assymatrical fighters confirmed!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pFjEz4AlEnI

• disposalist
    8764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    snavelaer wrote: »

Tough to balance but very interesting!
  • snavelaer
    edited June 2018
    snavelaer wrote: »

Tough to balance but very interesting!

yes and very bold.
    I take my hat off for that!

You should play it to your strenght. A singleplayer story is the perfect inviroment to educate players and have mad fun in the process.