Direct Mortar hit with train does 81 dmg to infantry

RelativeMadness
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I was in the mortar position on a train behemoth (the smaller version of the two) and I fired a mortar and watched the shell land and obviously explode directly on an enemy medic that was prone. I could probably tell you which vertebrae. He took 81 damage. I'm still trying to accept the fact that this medic did not die from such a hit.

I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At some point DICE covered the mortar shells of the train with thick but invisible plastic foam
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, i noticed that a while back. They have nerfed it to being almost useless now.
  • RelativeMadness
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds good to me. I'm all for making participation trophies as weak as possible.

Yeah it was at the end of the match and there was an open spot on the train. Thought "what the hell, might has well get a kill or two."
  • Rename010101
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds good to me. I'm all for making participation trophies as weak as possible.

Thank god they won’t be returning in BFV. Nothing but pain in the you know what. Easy,undeserved, cheap kills.
  • emu1981
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1# You take less damage from explosives if you are prone
    2# You take less damage from explosives with the flak jacket

Personally I think that it is a load of manure that you can survive a 57mm mortar shell landing right on you...
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If it's going to be in the game it should pack a believable punch not just be a mobile pinata.
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I remember using the Mortar around the 1st month the game was out. Loved it, very effective for keeping infantry at bay.

Thank god they won’t be returning in BFV. Nothing but pain in the you know what. Easy,undeserved, cheap kills.

You know what else is a pain the you know what? Having groups of 10 run from flag to flag without consequences. Remembering looking at the map and seeing all these damn red dots. It's Battlefield, a War, in no way should you run around with no fear or repercussions.

People like you just want to run like headless chickens to each flag with ease and nothing in your way. The mortar is now rendered useless. Is that what people want? Useless equipment? Hell at this point Dice might as well remove it because no one even attempts to mortar

It sucks Dice listens to a bunch of whiny children who can't adapt to the game and counter
  • Rename010101
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I remember using the Mortar around the 1st month the game was out. Loved it, very effective for keeping infantry at bay.

You know what else is a pain the you know what? Having groups of 10 run from flag to flag without consequences. Remembering looking at the map and seeing all these damn red dots. It's Battlefield, a War, in no way should you run around with no fear or repercussions.

People like you just want to run like headless chickens to each flag with ease and nothing in your way. The mortar is now rendered useless. Is that what people want? Useless equipment? Hell at this point Dice might as well remove it because no one even attempts to mortar

It sucks Dice listens to a bunch of whiny children who can't adapt to the game and counter

Well if you could read,you would see the OP is talking about behemoths specifically the armored train mortar. They are cheesy and don’t belong in the game.

Try reading next time before you go on a childish rant.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just dropped a shell in the head of an AFK player standing out in the open in brits C spawn, made a huge crater around him, he remained standing there AFK...
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think the number of people around the blast has an affect also. I've tossed nades into a room of people, got the notice the enemy received 150 pts damage. I thought, how the heck did that happen until it was explained to me that the damage was shared by everyone in the room. So everyone got a little damage and I got some point that accounted for nothing.
  • von_Campenstein
    bapman63 wrote: »
    I think the number of people around the blast has an affect also. I've tossed nades into a room of people, got the notice the enemy received 150 pts damage. I thought, how the heck did that happen until it was explained to me that the damage was shared by everyone in the room. So everyone got a little damage and I got some point that accounted for nothing.

I don't think it does, I was in a room with 4 other people as the flametrooper, got hit once by the train and instadead. It's not the first time I take significantly more damage as an elite from the behemoths. They've been tweaked for sure but not against eachother.
  • poegle87
    126 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The big cannon on the back is totally useless too. I just went on it on Argonne against a massive group on B Field gun. Point blank direct hits and they run away...I even shot an assault running in straight line down the track in the back and he survived past the overheat. I got kills but only from damaged enemies; point blank it was like I was shooting foam, they honestly stood and watched me shoot them. Then survived.
  • emu1981
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest, I find the best way to get kills with the train mortar is to hit the buildings around people for the debris kills. Nothing more satisfying then to kill a dozen people on the E flag by dropping a mortar round on the rooftops lol
  • von_Campenstein
    poegle87 wrote: »
    The big cannon on the back is totally useless too. I just went on it on Argonne against a massive group on B Field gun. Point blank direct hits and they run away...I even shot an assault running in straight line down the track in the back and he survived past the overheat. I got kills but only from damaged enemies; point blank it was like I was shooting foam, they honestly stood and watched me shoot them. Then survived.

That's the track broom for clearing explosives not to harm the local wildlife.
  • Insidious_Inc
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    If it's going to be in the game it should pack a believable punch not just be a mobile pinata.

I don't mind the behemoth in operations as sometimes it can give attackers a good push to move ahead, and the defenders can fortify better. (This is rarely the case...I know lol the behemoth is largely just a nuisance). However, I don't agree that the losing team should get it in conquest. I kinda wish the winning team got it.
  • von_Campenstein

I don't mind the behemoth in operations as sometimes it can give attackers a good push to move ahead, and the defenders can fortify better. (This is rarely the case...I know lol the behemoth is largely just a nuisance). However, I don't agree that the losing team should get it in conquest. I kinda wish the winning team got it.

People have figured out it's been nerfed to the ground and leave the game when it comes around, at least I do most the time if I join a game and it's token time. Had it still been a viable tool to make a comeback with a competent driver it would not signal end of round like it does now.
  • Shidokanartist
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Good, sitting in behemoths playing click the map with mortars is such a cheesy tactic anyway.
  • mitrieD_2
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The behemoth's mortar is pretty pathetic. Glad they're removing them in BFV but I hope Dice adds a very aggressive re-balancer instead, but they won't because people get mad when they switch to the losing team then quit.
  • von_Campenstein
    edited June 2018
    Good, sitting in behemoths playing click the map with mortars is such a cheesy tactic anyway.

Different from other vehicles how?

Hunting down a tank with the train mortar takes skill, especially if it's not being repeatedly spotted.
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on
This discussion has been closed.