Would You Rather Play A Remastered BF:1942/1943 or BF:V?

Seabees4Life
113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2018
Sticking with WWII, I would rather play the remastered versions of when BF. Player controlled carriers, airstrips, subs, ships and maps that were fun.

Comments

• Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lets see, Player controlled heavy assets like ships, Dedicated servers, Less like CoD, No micro transactions.. Yeah give me 42'
  • Seabees4Life
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    How could I possibly tell without trying BFV first...

I'll say it now, because BF:V won't have anything like the '42/'43. I'll bookmark this and bring it back up when nothing like what I posted above shows up or to admit I am wrong if it does but looking BF's history, it won't.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Mod support as well...no brainier...1942. it's not even a contest.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'll say it now, because BF:V won't have anything like the '42/'43. I'll bookmark this and bring it back up when nothing like what I posted above shows up or to admit I am wrong if it does but looking BF's history, it won't.

So this is basically a variation of "I'm mad, going back to BF4!!"?
  • Reverend-1313

I didn't read that in the OP. Guess it's a half glass full/empty thing. Your glass is clearly more empty.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I didn't read that in the OP. Guess it's a half glass full/empty thing. Your glass is clearly more empty.

Well, he asks what is a very reasonable question, and then just follows up with an unfounded assumption that "BFV won't have anything like 42/43" - which leads me to believe that this is another one of those threads complaining about "they are ruining Battlefield, back to BF4" (you may haven't seen those yet, but oh you will if you stick around here).

I say we should wait to see how it goes. People have very little patience, apparently.

And yeah, my glass is more empty, but only because I tend to drink its content and not stare at it.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no, Battlefield 1942 was groundbreaking in 2002, but it's utterly archaic by today's standarts. I'll wait and see how BFV turns out.
  • Reverend-1313
    Yeah I've been around since 1942 release.
  • plliadidas
    124 postsMember Member
    I think the real thing that should be said is wanting battlefield 1944 which I’m sure will be out in the next decade or two...
  • Seabees4Life
    edited May 2018

Well, he asks what is a very reasonable question, and then just follows up with an unfounded assumption that "BFV won't have anything like 42/43" - which leads me to believe that this is another one of those threads complaining about "they are ruining Battlefield, back to BF4" (you may haven't seen those yet, but oh you will if you stick around here).

I say we should wait to see how it goes. People have very little patience, apparently.

And yeah, my glass is more empty, but only because I tend to drink its content and not stare at it.

Nope. BF:4 doesn't even have anything listed above for 42'/'43'. While BF:3 and 4 were good, and BC:2 being better than those, my last true BF love was BF:2.
  • Obsidiann6
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battlefield 1942 Remastered in Frostbite
  • Silver032
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TBH, i think i'd prefer a 1942 remake (not even based upon what ive seen about bfv) That game was iconic and groundbreaking, spawning a new genre of fps's. Launching a major AAA developer today.

Just look at these mulitplayer maps: http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Maps_of_Battlefield_1942

Hell, I'd probably pay up to 200$ for a remake of 1942 maps for multiplayer with frostbite.

Which is why i'm worried that dice will leave out one of these critical maps: stalingrad, wake island, battle of britian, battle of the berlin, omaha beach
  • Reverend-1313
    edited May 2018
    I can't even imagine a 1942 remaster in frostbite with map tools...even if we could create new assets it would be amazing. Of course it's utterly useless with out propper 3rd party dedicated servers. Something we will never ever see from the likes of EA. We can all grin and day dream though.
  • trip1ex
    5080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i'd probably want a remastered bf42 with the same graphics and open maps but better animations, higher resolution, better sounds, better hit detection, better browser, ...

I would just correct a few annoyances like placement of some ammo boxes and how planes got to be too good for AA by dive bombing them.

To me they could do both lol. a few DICE employees could do a fairly simple remake of BF42 in their spare time like instead of sleeping.
  • Seabees4Life
    To me they could do both lol. a few DICE employees could do a fairly simple remake of BF42 in their spare time like instead of sleeping.

Since modding is a dying thing....HAHAHA, they could just do what was mentioned above. Release the Frostbite engine in a tool kit and anyone of a hundred modders could whip it out.
  • Vespervin
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Since modding is a dying thing....HAHAHA, they could just do what was mentioned above. Release the Frostbite engine in a tool kit and anyone of a hundred modders could whip it out.

But then we would play the awesome and better community made mods/total conversions instead of whatever they release next.
  • Turfschipper
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lol!

1942 obviously.
  • Reverend-1313
    Vespervin wrote: »

But then we would play the awesome and better community made mods/total conversions instead of whatever they release next.

ding ding ding, we have a winner. And the reason you dont see mod tools anymore. It takes away possible profits for future releases.
  • causes_strokes
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF V !