Battlefield 2018

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    The question about new content is, are they going to use revenue from cosmetics to produce great maps, vehicles, weapons and modes, or will the revenue skew new content towards more revenue making cosmetics?

Well without premium this will be the only way they can cover the costs of new maps without having to dish out if pocket money. So I believe there going to try very hard to entice people to buy skins so they can afford to develop more content.

Very risky IMO.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    The question about new content is, are they going to use revenue from cosmetics to produce great maps, vehicles, weapons and modes, or will the revenue skew new content towards more revenue making cosmetics?

Well without premium this will be the only way they can cover the costs of new maps without having to dish out if pocket money. So I believe there going to try very hard to entice people to buy skins so they can afford to develop more content.

Very risky IMO.

Risky, but I think Epic Games has shown the way to get people to buy cosmetics. Fortnite is pooping out money left and right.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    oof14346 wrote: »

Very risky IMO.

Risky, but I think Epic Games has shown the way to get people to buy cosmetics. Fortnite is pooping out money left and right.

There's a lot of other ways to monetize not only this.
    But if the game is really enjoyable to me I don't care if it's not I'm not buying it simple.
    But when's the beta?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Very risky IMO.

As long as you can create demand. I think the problem is the people who are complaining about "immersion" may cause a stall or lost opportunity.....but in the end, if you can create a demand and a desire to have these "skins" you can create a good business.
    xenome111 wrote: »

Very risky IMO.

There's a lot of other ways to monetize not only this.
    But if the game is really enjoyable to me I don't care if it's not I'm not buying it simple.
    But when's the beta?

There is, but then you go into dark holes like "pay to win" or charge for individual maps which some will argue will "split the community" like premium did.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As long as DICE can deliver a kick **** game with minimal problems, those people who complained will join the fold. Gamers are fickle, but are also easy to forgive. If the game is fun, they will come.
  • Goldenbadge2
    1 postsMember Member
    I really hope dice includes the battles with the us agaisnt japan that were in Alaska later in the war. Like the aleutian campaign
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    El Alamein, please, please, please, please, fingers, toes, eyes crossed.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »

If I remember correctly, one of the devs hinted that El Alamein will be returning.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »

If I remember correctly, one of the devs hinted that El Alamein will be returning.

Get in!
    My favourite all time BF map.
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
  • merlins_beard_88
    279 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nice castle itter I hope it isn’t just a multi map and it’s also a war story
  • PvtJohnTowle
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    Classic Maps coming back to BF V?

Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • PvtJohnTowle
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    https://wccftech.com/battlefield-v-factions-at-launch/
    According to the official Battlefield Twitter profile, only the British faction on the allied side and the German faction on the Axis side will be playable at launch. More faction will be added through the Tides of War.

hahhahahha they left the French out again !! Did the Devs see the movie "Dunkirk" ??? LOL
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Classic Maps coming back to BF V

There's no confirmation on that.

That's what Westie says in the video. Did you even look and view the video? He says it's pure speculation at this stage. But Westie knows his stuff and it's worth putting it out there for everyone.

I did watch it the moment it got uploaded. I'm just saying if it's speculation you can't say "Classic Maps coming back to BF V". That doesn't sound like a speculation but a fact. Even if he knows his stuff, It's not guaranteed.

That's what Westie says in the video. Did you even look and view the video? He says it's pure speculation at this stage. But Westie knows his stuff and it's worth putting it out there for everyone.

I did watch it the moment it got uploaded. I'm just saying if it's speculation you can't say "Classic Maps coming back to BF V". That doesn't sound like a speculation but a fact. Even if he knows his stuff, It's not guaranteed.

FFS you are being semantic. I put a question mark just to assuage you.

Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • Zviko0
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 2018

• Zviko0
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

• PvtJohnTowle
    edited May 2018

If you cared to look at the thumbnail from the video it has a question mark "Coming to BF5?" The title of the video says CLASSIC BF1942 MAPS Coming To Battlefield 5? You are just being semantic.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    Nice castle itter I hope it isn’t just a multi map and it’s also a war story

and a music video

• Zviko0

If you cared to look at the thumbnail from the video it has a question mark "Coming to BF5?" You are just being semantic.

Oh god...I'm very sorry.

Some people here are so sensitive. You can't say anything to them without being a **** in their eyes....
  • Gnow1370
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thoughts
This discussion has been closed.