Fixes you hope to see in Battlefield V

oof14346
954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
For me, it's the loading times. They were horrendous in Bf1. It's what drove many people into buying an external or SSD. I hope DICE has optimized the engine to alleviate load times. Any other fixes you'd like to see?

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they fix CPU spiking.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

oof14346 wrote: »
    For me, it's the loading times. They were horrendous in Bf1. It's what drove many people into buying an external or SSD. I hope DICE has optimized the engine to alleviate load times. Any other fixes you'd like to see?

I randomly went back to play Battlefield Hardline last night - I was shocked at how quickly the load-ins were for that game.

From main menu to Quick Match, into a match at the spawn screen, all within like a minute or two.

BF1? It takes like a good 4-5 minutes to get into a game.

Far too long.

Fully agree.
  • von_Campenstein
    6521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No more clientside weather, hell no more fog period
  • filthmcnasty
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not really a fix, but I would love to see Dice create a PC version of Battlefield, built from the ground up specifically for the PC.

What makes PC users so special? Each platform has it's problems, why do you think you are throne gods?
  • filthmcnasty
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aiming animations and erractic weapon behavior after being revived. If happening to another player it looks like a seizure. Once on Monte Grappa my rifle was on the left side of the screen 3/4 the way up
  • filthmcnasty
    No more clientside weather, hell no more fog period

I disagree. It's nice to get snipers and planes off of you.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Not really a fix, but I would love to see Dice create a PC version of Battlefield, built from the ground up specifically for the PC.

What makes PC users so special? Each platform has it's problems, why do you think you are throne gods?

Nobody said anything about anybody being special. But consoles hold back innovation. We're ready for upgrades on Pc. Consoles not even close.

Frustrating... So frustrating. Someday you will understand.

{EA_Lanna: Edited post to remove unintended bait.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • von_Campenstein
    6521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm hoping to see the real trailer with music in a couple of weeks, morphing that V into a U for Battlefield Unthinkable still, where it's WW2 continued, a scenario in which attrition plays a major role and sending cripples and women to the front is the next rational step.
  • Hellzilla_Ghost
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I really wish the sometimes blinding glare in the Frostbyte engine would get fixed. Seems worse on certain maps. Revive bugs getting squashed would be great -- still get the twitch/jerky bug sometimes. Another one with revive is you find some places on a map you can't syringe someone. Getting stuck on certain spots in maps (or not being able to crawl/climb over something) is another thing it would be nice to have remedied -- there are still some sticky spots, some maps smoother than others.
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they fix CPU spiking.

I don't know if it's CPU spiking, but every once in awhile the game will slow to a crawl on Xbox One. Played a round of Zavod and I hate to sit at spawn for about a minute to wait for the game to recover.

Also, they need to fix that Wake Island hasn't been a thing since Bf3.
  • Papscal
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Judging from the trailer, id say start over.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper sweetspot is getting removed, that is cool.
    Also we're finally getting server-side rag-dolls so no more "WTF IT DOESN"T REVIVE YOU" instances.

The only thing I really missed is airfield. I want to have that nice feeling of taking off from a runway instead of appearing in the air already flying.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018

If it wasn't for us PC players you wouldn't be here to voice your opinion as this game wouldn't exist. Think before you type...

Also to respond to the OP... Servers need to go back to 3rd Party hosting. If they want to keep the dumpster fire that is RSP for console cool do that. But give the Console and PC players who want the option for the full featured better experience of a 3rd party hosted server.
  • Ziggerzatch
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1) Prevention's from people camping in vehicles - i.e have a minimum number of solider spawns before you can operate a vehicle again

2) No Internal repairs for vehicles, unless the passenger in an airplane (prevent being able to move seats in an airplane)

3) No Rocket Truck, or Morumets stupidity where you can rack up tonnes of kills off the screen or without effort... Morumets is destroying Operations with suicide runs

4) No Demolitions / Assault Class - e.g bring back the grenadier perk, and remove having grenade in an equipment slot... and no Anti Tank Rocket Gun Sniper Rifle which is more accurate than a modern day RPG

5) Reduce stacks of dynamite to prevent spam

6) Remove the Camera from the Mortar Rounds...

7) Improve Server Refresh Rate to 90Hz +

8) Bring back full weapon customisation like Battlefield 4
  • PvtJohnTowle
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TickTak77 wrote: »

I randomly went back to play Battlefield Hardline last night - I was shocked at how quickly the load-ins were for that game.

From main menu to Quick Match, into a match at the spawn screen, all within like a minute or two.

BF1? It takes like a good 4-5 minutes to get into a game.

Far too long.

Fully agree.

Something is wrong with your game or computer if it is taking this long to get into a game with free slots
  • merlins_beard_88
    279 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would really like to see a vehicle queue. So I can play the game and get notified it’s a available so I can be despawned and respawned in the vehicle.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    More consistent vaulting.
  • oof14346
    More consistent vaulting.

Amen. Hate it when I'm dodging enemy fire and try to vault but my guy just jumps in place and then gets killed.
  • oof14346
    Papscal wrote: »

Judging from the trailer, id say start over.

I'll wait for EA Play.