report options

«1
ROTCrazytrain
76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
could somebody please allow more time to report more players?only being able to report 3 players a round is just not enough time.85 and 1 65 and 1 73 and1 players all morning.
and it doesnt look like its letting up today.its every server every round

Comments

  • BigF33t_13
    6827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Write their user name down and do it after.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Play on clan servers with admins.
  • research-kitchen
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just take a pic with your phone and do it later.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play on clan servers with admins.

    This is the best bet. We all know that reporting does nothing.
  • JonzeyAnd
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But who needs reporting when we have fairfight? Reporting is ignored and if you talk about cheating in this forum its removed. i wonder why they call it Hackerfield 1.
  • BigF33t_13
    6827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    JonzeyAnd wrote: »
    Hackerfield 1.

    Hahahaha, that's original.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    JonzeyAnd wrote: »
    But who needs reporting when we have fairfight?

    Fairfight is not an anticheat like others ( PB etc ) as it is strictly server side, Unlike punkbuster which resides on a users machine.
    JonzeyAnd wrote: »
    Reporting is ignored
    No it isn't, An anti-cheat team manually checks each report that comes in and monitors the account.
    JonzeyAnd wrote: »
    and if you talk about cheating in this forum its removed.
    It's not removed, It isn't constructive and nobody here has the power to do anything here on the forum, So discussing the issue isn't going to achieve anything hence why threads on the subject are locked.

    That is also discussion of moderation which, As per forum guidelines, Is not permitted.. So don't.

    Thank you.
    
    
  • outla5t
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    Fairfight is not an anticheat like others ( PB etc ) as it is strictly server side, Unlike punkbuster which resides on a users machine.

    ie FairFight is garbage and doesn't work nearly as good as other anti-cheats, Ubi knew this and it is why it added BattlEye to R6 Siege because FF by itself was trash at stopping cheaters
    No it isn't, An anti-cheat team manually checks each report that comes in and monitors the account.

    Yeah no one should believe this, I have sent many videos of hackers I reported and they didn't even bother to look at them, I'm not the only one either. The fact that we have obvious hackers in this game (still) that are top level playing freely should by itself tell you EA/DICE is not monitoring reports.
    It's not removed, It isn't constructive and nobody here has the power to do anything here on the forum, So discussing the issue isn't going to achieve anything hence why threads on the subject are locked.

    So don't bring your complaints here because EA/DICE doesn't read these forums, that is what this response says
  • TheNoobPolice
    1612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No it isn't, An anti-cheat team manually checks each report that comes in and monitors the account.

    I've sent video links using the reporting function over a year ago that still have zero views, and Sean Merson has admitted they have had well over a million reports just on PC. In the approximately two years of BF1's life cycle, that would need a team of people "thoroughly investigating" at least 1400 reports on average per DAY. So let's say an employee can reasonably check 5 reports a day and thoroughly investigate them (at a push), that means DICE would need 280 members of full-time anti-cheat staff just for BF1.

    Trust me, ain't no one checking those reports bro.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lol oh my
  • Sawtooth75
    906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

    Trust me, ain't no one checking those reports bro.
    I can’t say for sure, but my guess is that multiple reports of several different players will up the priority for investigating a certain player. Also, I would expect the investigation to be primarily based on telemetry and statistics. If those are inconclusive they might use additional reference material added to the reports.

    From my experience a lot of the accusations are based on unfamiliarity of certain game mechanics (for example 1 shot kill), glitches (for example invisible player) or exceptionally high level stats (high k/d). Those reports are basically debunked before they’re even investigated.
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JonzeyAnd wrote: »
    But who needs reporting when we have fairfight? Reporting is ignored and if you talk about cheating in this forum its removed. i wonder why they call it Hackerfield 1.

    Yep. They claim that they are closing threads about cheating because it is 'not constructive', even though I learned quite some things about the whole cheating situation thanks to the fact that we were allowed to talk about it and share useful and insightful information. Of course there is also false accusations, false information and other lies like people who claim that cheating is a non- or minor issue. As cunning as they are they use the bad parts (that should simply be filtered by mods) of the discussion to silence the entire discussion which also contains many good parts.

    The real reason is of course that they are scared that too many people become aware that cheating is quite prevalent on PC and may stop buying new BF games because they are sick of getting scammed out of a good service that they paid for and are thus entitled to.
  • D5RAT
    2003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let's go 'round again
    Maybe we'll turn back the hands of time
    Let's go 'round again
    One more time (One more time)
    One more time (One more time)

    NOT A CHANCE EA
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    They claim that they are closing threads about cheating because it is 'not constructive', even though I learned quite some things about the whole cheating situation thanks to the fact that we were allowed to talk about it and share useful and insightful information.

    How can a discussion about cheating ever be constructive?

    Users here use discussions about cheaters as a name and shame platform.. And on top of that, Other users use the threads to troll by saying there are no cheaters, Git gud etc etc.

    That is about as non-constructive as it can get when it comes to threads on that subject.

    Also.. you're discussing moderation here which as you know, Is not permitted.

    The real reason is of course that they are scared that too many people become aware that cheating is quite prevalent on PC and may stop buying new BF games because they are sick of getting scammed out of a good service that they paid for and are thus entitled to.

    Untrue, Any gamer worth their salt who plays on PC will know for a fact that even with the BEST anticheat, You will never stop cheaters cheating.

    And that is a fact.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Farsight_02

    Your entire post is based on your opinion. Not facts. Just because you type it doesn't make it a fact. This is why these types of threads became non-constructive.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3897 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    We've explained countless times why naming and shaming isn't appropriate for our forums, but I'll go ahead and run down the list of various reasons that is' counter productive for this community.

    For starters, we are absolutely unable to affect the outcome of an anti cheat investigation. There are appropriate channels to go through for this (ex: the report function).

    Next up, it tends to lead to abusive language. Abusive language is absolutely counter productive to the goal of creating an inviting, safe and constructive environment to discuss Battlefield. Granted, we're already struggling with this given the abrasive nature of many players, but further contributing to that abrasive nature is not something we want.

    And finally, as we are not the anti cheat team, we are unable to verify that the individuals reported are actually cheating. Since we don't want to open the doors for unjust harassment based on behavior that we are unable to verify, it has no place on our forums. This also includes naming and shaming servers that may or may not have a badmin running loose. I've seen too many times a player claim they were unjustly banned from a server, when in reality the behavior is what drove the ban. This isn't always the case, but again, it's not something we can verify.

    -CB
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Farsight_02
    Your entire post is based on your opinion. Not facts. Just because you type it doesn't make it a fact. This is why these types of threads became non-constructive.
    Ok, so you're saying that the knowledge that I gained about cheating thx to the cheating discussion from the past year is not a fact but opinion? By that logic it's not a fact that I know more about many things than when I was 12 years old, but opinion. Nice logic there.
    It is comments like yours that are non-constructive.
  • Knuckl3_Dragger
    919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    false information and other lies like people who claim that cheating is a non- or minor issue. As cunning as they are they use the bad parts (that should simply be filtered by mods) of the discussion to silence the entire discussion which also contains many good parts.
    So because YOU think it's a major issue it became fact? You want the forums admins to "silence" anyone who thinks that? THAT IS ALL OPINION, NOT FACT.
    The real reason is of course that they are scared that too many people become aware that cheating is quite prevalent on PC and may stop buying new BF games because they are sick of getting scammed out of a good service that they paid for and are thus entitled to.
    So I guess you've got insider information and know this statement to be fact?
    -
    lmao, please just stop

  • Jinko_itx
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can see both side of the argument on this issue, the fact that in promoting this game, absolutely no one talks about or even hints to fixing one of the biggest problem that the BF title has been plagued with, and since no one wants to discuss it, it is only natural to talk about it amongst each other to see if it is worth getting the next installment and weather or not DICE have any improvements planned. As long as everyone talking about this issue in a constructive and civil way then I don't see any reason to have such a discussion locked
  • danbottomburp
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They claim that they are closing threads about cheating because it is 'not constructive', even though I learned quite some things about the whole cheating situation thanks to the fact that we were allowed to talk about it and share useful and insightful information.

    How can a discussion about cheating ever be constructive?

    Users here use discussions about cheaters as a name and shame platform.. And on top of that, Other users use the threads to troll by saying there are no cheaters, Git gud etc etc.

    That is about as non-constructive as it can get when it comes to threads on that subject.

    Also.. you're discussing moderation here which as you know, Is not permitted.

    The real reason is of course that they are scared that too many people become aware that cheating is quite prevalent on PC and may stop buying new BF games because they are sick of getting scammed out of a good service that they paid for and are thus entitled to.

    Untrue, Any gamer worth their salt who plays on PC will know for a fact that even with the BEST anticheat, You will never stop cheaters cheating.

    And that is a fact.


    You should try ESEA's Anti Cheat, that thing is insanely good,so good infact that people simply don't bother cheating at all on that platform,yes it is super intrusive but know what ? to play in a fair non cheat environment is worth it to me
    They have a dubious past but seem to have cleaned up their act now. So i disagree , some AntiCheats like ESEA have such a formidable reputation that cheaters simply don't bother or those that think they can are banned within the day
Sign In or Register to comment.