Weekly Debrief

Will DICE LA be involved in BFV?

SirSpectacle
794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I hope that BFV is a DICE Sthlm project and doesn't get handed off to LA after the first few "DLCs/Tides of War updates". The quality of the maps released for BF1 took a huge dive in quality after DICE LA took over, I hope we'll get more consistent, Swedish quality for all of Battlefield V .

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 will be handled by Dice Sweden. Dice LA is currently working on Bad Company 3, and it terrifies me.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF5 will be handled by Dice Sweden. Dice LA is currently working on Bad Company 3, and it terrifies me.

It terrifies me too. BC2 has been my favorite in the franchise and, seeing how LA has no clue what they're doing by making asinine changes, I'm afraid they're going to ruin the game and break my heart.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought DICE LA helped save BF4? Am I mistaken?
  • Noodlesocks
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope so. Dice SWE are good designers but they leave a lot of things underdeveloped. BF4 improved dramatically once Dice LA got involved.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

They saved it by fixing the launch bugs. The problems came afterwards where they started implementing ideas from CTE. Even in BF1, they started to implement Ammo 2.0 (which the community helped persuade them not to do) and the backlash of TTK 2.0 (which IMO was unnecessary.) They continued to press through and implement it when (again IMO) they should have focused more on fixing things like the team balancer which has been broken since day 1 and is still broken to this day.

I think they're great for fixing bugs and that's it. Leave the main development to Sweden.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I know Dice LA did all the DLC for BF4 and saved the game we all know and love, I will give them a chance, as they were the devs of Medal of honor
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    God I hope not. Dice LA need to stay away from battlefield imo. Done nothing but destroy it and attempt to rebuild it in their twisted image.

I mean look at the latest one; instead of fixing things nah lets completely overhaul the scoped rifles for the scout class near 2 years after launch because?

Marksman scopes are now useless as they give off glint; rainbow glint if the person seeing it is in your sweetspot, blurred lens that clears when target is in sweet spot. I mean given the fact both the M.95 marksman and Carcano patrol don't have a sweetspot at all but their scopes still glint. Hey let's add patrol variants and slap glints on them for no real reason.

Do medic slr scopes and lmg scopes (that have Te same magnifcation levels) suffer this? Nope.

In other words yet again Dice LA is beating the red headed stepchild that is Te scout class.

Meanwhile assault gets more buffs yet again -.-

I'm awaiting a siren to howl whenever you're in range of an assault "sweetspot" with a shotgun or one framed by an automatico/thompson/maxim or blown up by dynamite. That's only fair right? I mean they have so many instakill weapons yet I don't see rainbows around them.

Don't even get my started on campsim2.0

I actually did see a BAR telescopic that had rainbow scope glint
  • x_Undaunted_x
    as they were the devs of Medal of honor

Which is probably the worst FPS game I have ever played in my life.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They need to stay away with a 1000ft pole. The overhauls, ttk 2.0, assault buffs in the last BF1 patch did it for me.

Worst part is, how they ignored everyone and didn't respond to anyone during the aftermath.
  • bran1986
    5691 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They saved it by fixing the launch bugs. The problems came afterwards where they started implementing ideas from CTE. Even in BF1, they started to implement Ammo 2.0 (which the community helped persuade them not to do) and the backlash of TTK 2.0 (which IMO was unnecessary.) They continued to press through and implement it when (again IMO) they should have focused more on fixing things like the team balancer which has been broken since day 1 and is still broken to this day.

I think they're great for fixing bugs and that's it. Leave the main development to Sweden.

I'm pretty sure ammo 2.0 started with DICE: Sweden, which is why it will be in BFV. Other than that I agree with you, I would rather have DICE: Sweden continue to develop BFV and DICE LA lend support and not make any decisions.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    bran1986 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure ammo 2.0 started with DICE: Sweden, which is why it will be in BFV. Other than that I agree with you, I would rather have DICE: Sweden continue to develop BFV and DICE LA lend support and not make any decisions.

I never heard anything about it starting with Sweden. I know one thing for certain - they need to stop listening to some of these guys like Marbleduck who led the charge for TTK2.0 hailing it as the savior of BF1. Dude ends up playing a few rounds then uninstalling after it dropped. I hope that guy never has that kind of influence in a BF game ever again after that.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They need to stay away with a 1000ft pole. The overhauls, ttk 2.0, assault buffs in the last BF1 patch did it for me.

Worst part is, how they ignored everyone and didn't respond to anyone during the aftermath.

That's what really Erked me. Asking for direct feedback and getting ignored.

Remember the service assignments and specs? They asked for feedback and they got it and didnt listen at all. They changed getting 5 sawtooth kills to 25 kills with nail knife (dlc weapon) that's it.
    So I know Dice LA did all the DLC for BF4 and saved the game we all know and love, I will give them a chance, as they were the devs of Medal of honor

I much as a love MoH this is the problem; Dice LA only have experiance with MODERN SHOOTERS. It explains how they treated bf1 huh.

Let's buff the class with smgs and nerf the class with bolt actions in a ww1 game because we have zero idea what we are doing.

I mean whilst Dice SE was giving us four extra maps in the first two dlcs what did Dice LA do with their two dlcs?

I'm still waiting for Te Gallipoli models of both sides to be faction customsation for vanilla maps. Would've worked great and given great incentive to pick up the dlc/premium.

• disposalist
    8607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah please no DICE LA overhaul. They will decrease the TTK, remove the attrition and limited ammo, buff the autos, remove the squad stuff and anything else that stops the game working like a wannabe modern competitive shooter. Oh and they'll make the guns into tap rap BF4 lasers (oh, that's already in...).
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    NO. NEVER AGAIN. For the love of god and everything keep LA's sweaty hands of bfv. I've seen enough of their "vision" ruining bf1 for many people and I have no interest to hear of that again. They've never considered listening to community feedback while asking for it. Instead their 'vision" added many things nobody even asked for while bug, glitches and poor performance are still in game and not going anywhere it seems.
    Also I had a good laugh when 3 weeks ago LA asked for TT dlc feedback once again after 6 months since the release. And I was like "ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS LA???" Let's release dlc pack but ask for feedback months and months later. And this week they did the same for Apocalypse. What's the goal of such ideas anyway? It's not like LA is going to fix all those dlc and add good stuff instead.
  • gpkgpk
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dear gods , don’t let DICE LA anywhere near BF, the reasons were pretty much somed up in previous posts. If you didn’t read em all you need to know is they were responsible for TTK 2 aka the game killer and the crappy maps in later dlcs (and wth is up w conquest assault BS).
  • warslag
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I didn't realise DICE LA made Medal of Honour: Frontlines. I played that game so much. It came out straight after Saving Private Ryan and was basically the film in a game and more, and probably better than the film in my opinion. Operation Market Garden was just brilliant. I can see now the similarities between BF1 and MoH: Frontlines. If BFV can be comparable to MoH: Frontlines in terms of quality then it will be legendary.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    warslag wrote: »

I didn't realise DICE LA made Medal of Honour: Frontlines. I played that game so much. It came out straight after Saving Private Ryan and was basically the film in a game and more, and probably better than the film in my opinion. Operation Market Garden was just brilliant. I can see now the similarities between BF1 and MoH: Frontlines. If BFV can be comparable to MoH: Frontlines in terms of quality then it will be legendary.

The more you know ;)
  • sadboyltd
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE LA should be gutted like a fish and sold to the lowest bidder. Honestly, they've not done anything of note, ever.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    DICE LA should be gutted like a fish and sold to the lowest bidder. Honestly, they've not done anything of note, ever.

Well, in all fairness, they did save BF4 from the launch bugs. Unfortunately, they ruined it again once those were fixed and they started listening to CTE and essentially turned BF4 into a neverending beta (while there were still bugs that needed fixing.) And the same with bf1. They're great at fixing bugs and that's what they should stick with. Rumor has it LA will be developing bad company 3 and that has me extremely nervous because BC2 was my favorite game and I'm worried they're going to ruin it for me.