Bush wookies making a return?

ProAssassin2003
3781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2018
Is it me or in the trailer there was a soldier with a Ghillie suit on? If true the Sniper plague will be Legendary.

Comments

• disposalist
    8763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Is it me or in the trailer there was a soldier with a Ghillie suit on? If true the Sniper plague will be Legendary.
    Well that *would* be historically accurate and there is going to be considerable customisation. With the improvements to soldier movements I fully expect to see full leafy bushes with little barrels sticking out tip-toeing around hilltops everywhere.
  • ElliotLH
    8983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where abouts? I just re-watched it but couldn't spot him.
  • disposalist
    8763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I see what you did there. Or rather, I would have seen it, but couldn't?
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Right there!
  • ElliotLH
    8983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see what you did there. Or rather, I would have seen it, but couldn't?

Really wish I could take credit for being clever but it was actually just a poor yet fortunate choice of words lol. I honestly can't see the soldier wearing the ghille suit in the trailer.
  • NoSkinnyGirls
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It'll be bad company 2 all over again.....

5 wookies sittin' on a hill, they won't move yet, no one will! *pose*
  • impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It'll be bad company 2 all over again.....

5 wookies sittin' on a hill, they won't move yet, no one will! *pose*

Well from what I'm reading they will run out of ammo and have to get more.
  • disposalist
    From what I'm reading, since they are talking about being able to switch customisation off, camo skins will be pointless.

You'll think you're hidden and people with customisation switched off will see you clear as day.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    5 humps on a hill sounds like and usually is cannon fodder. I really don't understand why players today cannot deal with wookies.

They ALWAYS go to the same damn spots. It's not like the map changes every round providing new and different locations.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    From what I'm reading, since they are talking about being able to switch customisation off, camo skins will be pointless.

You'll think you're hidden and people with customisation switched off will see you clear as day.

This is a performance feature. With customisations turned on you'll have to load more materials (textures) locally. Them offering this feature stips there will be a lot of skins/clothing etc.
  • NoSkinnyGirls
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    5 humps on a hill sounds like and usually is cannon fodder. I really don't understand why players today cannot deal with wookies.

They ALWAYS go to the same damn spots. It's not like the map changes every round providing new and different locations.

I think it's the getting to that spot without being seen so you can rain down righteous justice upon them, that is the tricky part. Every time I attempt to flank on an open map, even if I've kept low, and near cover, someone spots me somehow. So it's nearly pointless to try to root them out, since the opposing team constantly spots, but my team can't find the spot button on a three button controller.
  • StahlKrahe
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait for Bush Tanks.
  • Rev0verDrive

I think it's the getting to that spot without being seen so you can rain down righteous justice upon them, that is the tricky part. Every time I attempt to flank on an open map, even if I've kept low, and near cover, someone spots me somehow. So it's nearly pointless to try to root them out, since the opposing team constantly spots, but my team can't find the spot button on a three button controller.

Are they tuning down spotting in BFV? Doesn't your team have vehicles? Can you not spawn as a wookie yourself?

Way too many options to counter sniping hill humpers to even have a thread dedicated to the tears.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No way you're making me watch the trailer again, nice try!
  • ProAssassin2003
    3781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oof14346 wrote: »

Right there!

When he is on the ground shooting with the pistol.
  • disposalist

This is a performance feature. With customisations turned on you'll have to load more materials (textures) locally. Them offering this feature stips there will be a lot of skins/clothing etc.
    Whatever the reason, if people can turn off camos and remove foliage, players are going to think they are effectively using stealth and get shot by others that can see them clear as day.

I'm not a fan of snipers, but I use cover and stealth a sensible amount as any soldier should. If some players can switch it off, the whole concept is broken.
  • GrizzGolf
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I cant wait to Bush Wookie again. I haven't done it in a long time
  • Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Whatever the reason, if people can turn off camos and remove foliage, players are going to think they are effectively using stealth and get shot by others that can see them clear as day.

I'm not a fan of snipers, but I use cover and stealth a sensible amount as any soldier should. If some players can switch it off, the whole concept is broken.

Agree.. what is even the point of customisation if others can just switch it of??
    Might as well just switch it off otherwise you are just gimping yourself.
    Also absolutely no incentive to 'buy' a 'skin' or such customisation when your not going to be able to 'show it off, less income from the game and in turn less content being made...

Just silly..

• ElliotLH

Right there!

Ah yes! There he is. Thanks dude.
  • disposalist
    Right there!
    Ah yes! There he is. Thanks dude.
    If you found him the camo can't be very good.