Weekly BF

GTX 970 frametime analysis. Is it normal? DICE...please help us for next game succes.

bogdann1101
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Hello!
Here we can see spikes in regular intervals, they are very small but have no idea what can be a cause. Is not linear.
I try windows power option max performace, vsync on/off, limit framerate to 60 but same issue. Look at the graphs, do you think it's normal? Would be great if some of you perform this test as well.

Thanks for help.

i5 6600k, GTX 970, 16GB RAM, W10 64bit, Asrock Z170 Extreme 4

Comments

• MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What settings are you using, and did you try overclocking the cpu or ram?
  • enek0id
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is normal for an i5.
    If you monitor your CPU usage with MSI Afterburner you will see it is very high... and any background task or extra game effect (explosions, smoke, etc.) max it to 100% causing frametime spikes.
    In order to mitigate the problem you could overclock your CPU or swap it with an i7.
  • bogdann1101
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CPU is already OC to 4.6 Ghz, ram is 3200Mhz.
    Low or High settings, same problem. I have testing. One year ago the game was ok, liniar framerate!
  • CYP3ORG
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think that's about time for DICE to optimise their code with the last patch..