Punkbuster perma Ban?!

Comments

• xChitz
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    harry0ld wrote: »
    PunkBuster strikes again? Is this software a complete trash or is it a campaign intended to force people to play new Battlefield games?

Exactly my though....

anyway here is list of pb bans : https://www.pbbans.com/master-ban-index.html

Anyway wasted time reinstalling Windows, still getting kicked so i don't know any more. Couple of my friends suggested new account and buying game again but sorry not doing that.

i do wonder if new account will work though, i have 12 accounts most with no game time in them, iirc pb has GUID so its possible GUID is not linked to account but pc itself and can ban on other account just for that guid ?

also how many of you are using MARK C mouse fix ? some guy on ggc forums got banned for it not sure if it was 52120
  • harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    xChitz wrote: »
    PunkBuster strikes again? Is this software a complete trash or is it a campaign intended to force people to play new Battlefield games?

Exactly my though....

Anyway wasted time reinstalling Windows, still getting kicked so i don't know any more. Couple of my friends suggested new account and buying game again but sorry not doing that.

i do wonder if new account will work though, i have 12 accounts most with no game time in them, iirc pb has GUID so its possible GUID is not linked to account but pc itself and can ban on other account just for that guid ?

also how many of you are using MARK C mouse fix ? some guy on ggc forums got banned for it not sure if it was 52120

PC blockade is easy to evade. I think it is only tied to your account. It's enough to make you buy another copy of the game.
  • tgm_luna
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Gemslee wrote: »
    oh wait I do have an Adobe Acrobat reader update on 5/16/2018 and Adobe Flashplayer 29 NPAPI on 5/8/2018 all others were in February and back.

I really think it is crazy that you almost have to feel guilty about having software that could interfere with punkbuster and get you banned for that. EB should be ashamed and fix it instead of punishing you. How longer you think about this how crazyer it gets. I'm still waiting and working on this to be solved.
  • RedKilla1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I am a streaming admin with PBBANS, the last 9 out of 10 bans on my server have been for AIMBOT #52120 . I posted up a topic in PBBANS as to why such an uptick with this violation. Wait and see I guess.
  • tgm_luna
    RedKilla1 wrote: »
    I am a streaming admin with PBBANS, the last 9 out of 10 bans on my server have been for AIMBOT #52120 . I posted up a topic in PBBANS as to why such an uptick with this violation. Wait and see I guess.

Thanks man!
  • xChitz

is that a public forum, could you link it ?
    xChitz wrote: »

Exactly my though....

PC blockade is easy to evade. I think it is only tied to your account. It's enough to make you buy another copy of the game.

so it is tied to pc, then using alt on reformatted pc should not work ?
  • StarscreamUK
    7573 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    pbbans is a public forum, but it is not punkbuster. They can't say why there is an increase, they are not evenbalance and are not affiliated with them.
  • RedKilla1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    pbbans is a public forum, but it is not punkbuster. They can't say why there is an increase, they are not evenbalance and are not affiliated with them.

PBBANS is a public forum, however there are private sections in there as well. I cant link it because I posted it in the Streaming admin section which is private.
    The bans are being triggered on streaming servers., So PBBANS is the place to go to find out why
  • tgm_luna
    Redkilla, do BF servers stream to PBBANS and Punkbuster seperately? How does Evenbalance get their info?
  • xChitz

PBBANS is a public forum, however there a private sections in there as well. I cant link it because I posted it in the Streaming admin section which is private.
    The bans are being triggered on streaming servers., So PBBANS is the place to go to find out why

Thanks for help, hopefully 52120 gets resolved quick, number of players getting bolted is ludicrous almost 80% of them are 52120

https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bf4-lfb44.html
  • StarscreamUK
    7573 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Thanks for help, hopefully 52120 gets resolved quick, number of players getting bolted is ludicrous almost 80% of them are 52120

thats how banwaves work, they catch a large wave at once
  • RedKilla1
    tgm_luna wrote: »
    Redkilla, do BF servers stream to PBBANS and Punkbuster seperately? How does Evenbalance get their info?

You can read about them here, https://www.pbbans.com/ Servers stream to PBBANS while running PB as well.

• RedKilla1
    I do want to note, that anyone can appeal their ban. However the last 9 that were caught on my server only 1 appealed and that was Gemslee. The appeal was denied. I don't know why
  • UMADBRODENT
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

There seems to be a lot of misinformation running around about pbbans.

For anyone interested...

pbbans can only see bans that occur on servers that run certain plugins

Most of us have seen on a server where a player gets banned and the message gets posted to the chat box.

These plugins take these messages and report them to pbbans.

On servers that do not run these plugins, pbbans has no idea if a player gets banned by Punkbuster.

What this means is that the list we see from pbbans is not a complete representation of how many players are getting banned for the 52120 violation code. The number is probably higher in total, but we won't know unless Evenbalance publishes a list.
  • RedKilla1
    edited June 2018
    They can see Punkbuster bans. Here is the latest kick from my server

GlobalBan 37a00003 GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN Insane095 186.241.XX.XXX

Today, 9:36 am
  • harry0ld
    @xChitz I think that hardware you use doesn't matter, it's all about account that your game is tied to.
  • UMADBRODENT
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Regarding programs which you think might be causing your ban...

Evenbalance offers an email address where you can ask them to investigate certain programs which you think might be causing a false positive. It's listed on their website at http://www.evenbalance.com/contact.php

Some of you may be provided this email address when you are filing an appeal as well.

I have a proposal to the community:

Rather than piecemealing together a list of programs you have installed, there is a utility that will generate a list of all installed programs and their version numbers.

https://www.ricksdailytips.com/create-list-installed-programs/

What I propose we do is the following:

Make 2 columns.

One column consisting of programs installed on players' PC's who have been banned
    A second column of programs on players' PC's who have NOT been banned

Working on the logic that any programs present on the NOT banned list can be removed from the "Banned" list, we can narrow down some suggestions for Evenbalance to investigate.

I would be willing to build a list like this, or someone could put together a google spreadsheet where contributions could be made. I welcome anyone interested in helping.

I chat on forums while at work, so if you want to get in touch with me, PM me and I'll get back to you. I'm not always available immediately.
  • xChitz
    Regarding programs which you think might be causing your ban...

Evenbalance offers an email address where you can ask them to investigate certain programs which you think might be causing a false positive. It's listed on their website at http://www.evenbalance.com/contact.php

Some of you may be provided this email address when you are filing an appeal as well.

I have a proposal to the community:

Rather than piecemealing together a list of programs you have installed, there is a utility that will generate a list of all installed programs and their version numbers.

https://www.ricksdailytips.com/create-list-installed-programs/

What I propose we do is the following:

Make 2 columns.

One column consisting of programs installed on players' PC's who have been banned
    A second column of programs on players' PC's who have NOT been banned

Working on the logic that any programs present on the NOT banned list can be removed from the "Banned" list, we can narrow down some suggestions for Evenbalance to investigate.

I would be willing to build a list like this, or someone could put together a google spreadsheet where contributions could be made. I welcome anyone interested in helping.

I chat on forums while at work, so if you want to get in touch with me, PM me and I'll get back to you. I'm not always available immediately.

you should make a dedicated thread for this
  • StarscreamUK
    no, the rule is actually we dont usually allow discussion of bans. We are using our discretion in allowing this as at least 2 of the mods think *some* of these may be false positives
  • harry0ld
    no, the rule is actually we dont usually allow discussion of bans. We are using our discretion in allowing this as at least 2 of the mods think *some* of these may be false positives

How kind of you.
    Considering the fact that since the beginning of the year we have had a real avalanche of false positives it really may be a good idea to allow people to talk about it.
This discussion has been closed.