If the trailer would be a caricature (Angle one)

snavelaer
1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2018
If the trailer would be a caricature. How would it look? A caricature is according to wikipedea;

A caricature is a rendered image showing the features of its subject in a simplified or exaggerated way through sketching, pencil strokes, or through other artistic drawings.

A Battlefied game highlights just like a caricature certain aspects. In general Battlefield makes the weapon models and sound of the weapons like the real thing. The damagemodel is for example not like the real thing.

If you have a big nose and a small chin in real life in a caricature you have an extremely big nose and a extremely small chin.

If the message of the trailer is; You get a lot of custumazition options......
- Why not highlight the horse on the tank.
- Why hot make the facepaint a little bit of a green tint.

People would still understand you can custumize the game. Now people going to seek al kinds of stuff behind it lol.

And than to think of I two years ago I really RANTED about the musical choice of Battlefied 1 (didn't like the White Stripes LOL :D )
I even sad they shoud fire the person responsible for putting Rihana, Bonny Tyler music in BF4.
I guess they did it for real. Where was the music in the trailer......... :#

If I would be working at DICE I would put this song under the trailer...

Edith Piaf - Non, je ne regrette rien.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fFtGfyruroU

Funny thing. The trailer and song are the same lenght. Take my word for it you will not be dissapointed.

Question for DICE is; Would you make the same trailer the same if you knew people would react the way they did? If this is the result you wanted? Well done. Bad publicity is also publicity, right.
On the other hand if you wanted to be controversial, ok. This however would not be my first choice.

Tu ne regret rien? (don't you regret anything?)

Greetz Snavelaer.

Post edited by snavelaer on

Comments

• crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still can't take you seriously after the whole tin foil hat conspiracy theory of "personalising the experiance" was a dice backdoor to dump fog whenever you were doing half decent

The trailer is done; it's not changing.
    Move on.
  • Obsidiann6
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The trailer is a caricature
  • A_warped_mind
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The trailer is a trailer no more no less.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    snavelaer wrote: »
    If the trailer would be a caricature. How would it look? A caricature is according to wikipedea;

A caricature is a rendered image showing the features of its subject in a simplified or exaggerated way through sketching, pencil strokes, or through other artistic drawings.

If we're looking through the eyes of the children and blatantly illogical people who are complaining about historical accuracy, the caricature would just be the woman from the trailer, her breasts would be 10x larger, she'd be wearing a shirt that says "SJW = WIN" and she would literally have one of Jax's metal cyborg arms from Mortal Kombat, and she would be teabagging a ww2 history book.
    Lol good one.
    What if the Battlefield V revealtrailer would be noseart on a bomber?

The historical accuracy approach - the woman sitting in a sensual pose with breast slightly off proportion.
    The everyone- is-equal-and-gender- is-between- your-ears approuch - David Bowie or another androgenic looking man on the nose

Tip from the Snavelaer; Play David Bowie - China Girl at the same time as the trailer!

It just amazes me if you have millions to spare on marketing you descided this is a good trailer. Like I said; if they predicted this and wanted this storm, ok. Well done.
    Although I think the game hasn't much to do with the trailer I am worried. Why am I worried? Because I love Battlefied and I want
    it to be good, just like you. And they already screw it up twice with Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline. (warning my opinion)
    Obsidiann6 wrote: »
    The trailer is a caricature
    You are the only one that gets it, lol. A badly drawn caricature :D .
    The trailer is a trailer no more no less.
    Maybe for you the caricature is a wel drawn pic from ww2. That is possible.
    Not everything looked off. The Brengun, loved the BF109, the churchill tank etc
    But certain aspects of the trailer were highlited to much and that makes it look off.

I know, I know it is just a trailer but. Damm, I just love it so much if a trailer is done well!

• StompJaneAustin
    244 postsMember Member
    BFV is an expression of its creators, simple as that ... and this is how they express World War 2. They didn't accidentally spend piles of money and thousands of hours of their lives to make these shapes, sounds, and textures, it is their intention that you see World War 2 like this. This is literally the World War 2 experience they want you to buy.

battlefield_1.jpg?itok=xpf2okiB
  • Loqtrall
    12279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    BFV is an expression of its creators, simple as that ... and this is how they express World War 2. They didn't accidentally spend piles of money and thousands of hours of their lives to make these shapes, sounds, and textures, it is their intention that you see World War 2 like this. This is literally the World War 2 experience they want you to buy.

And I think that's awesome. Go DICE for making the game they wanted to make.
  • Lunkwow
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Only because some on guys on DICE are making the game that the want to make does not mean that the rest of the team agrees on it, but the still will make it because of money like most employees want. Heck I'am a part of windmill project does not mean that I'am making things that I believe in.
  • Loqtrall
    12279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lunkwow wrote: »

Only because some on guys on DICE are making the game that the want to make does not mean that the rest of the team agrees on it, but the still will make it because of money like most employees want. Heck I'am a part of windmill project does not mean that I'am making things that I believe in.

I'm sure most everyone developing games for a AAA studio that are played by millions of people worldwide are fine with whatever the studio heads decide to work on, and that most employees at DICE probably aren't very upset that player customization was added to a game they're helping build.

DICE has near or over 700 employees. I can't imagine a large number of them were against a simple game mechanic.
  • warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If it was a caricature of the forums there would be an anti-women behemoth in the form of a giant anorak.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has to be some marketing plan. I can't see everyone at DICE had the same idea or liked it.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

If we're looking through the eyes of the children and blatantly illogical people who are complaining about historical accuracy, the caricature would just be the woman from the trailer, her breasts would be 10x larger, she'd be wearing a shirt that says "SJW = WIN" and she would literally have one of Jax's metal cyborg arms from Mortal Kombat, and she would be teabagging a ww2 history book.

Duck season <3
  • Loqtrall
    MigueTK wrote: »

Duck season <3

Barn warning <3
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Duck season <3

Barn warning <3

So let's go somewhere else if you really cared <3, either way it's no skin off my back. Still agree with the OP and his stance on the trailer.
  • Loqtrall
    So let's go somewhere else if you really cared <3, either way it's no skin off my back. Still agree with the OP and his stance on the trailer.

Just proves how unfit you are for a serious and logical discussion. Please try not to derail the thread.

It just amazes me if you have millions to spare on marketing you descided this is a good trailer. Like I said; if they predicted this and wanted this storm, ok. Well done.
    Although I think the game hasn't much to do with the trailer I am worried. Why am I worried? Because I love Battlefied and I want
    it to be good, just like you. And they already screw it up twice with Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline.

I think they were just trying to cram as much into the trailer as possible, and people focused on a female. At least for me, the part I've focused on the most is the "gameplay" portion. I've watched the trailer countless times by now and I can't see why people are so focused on the woman who only appeared 3 times for a few seconds out of a 2 minute trailer.

They're so hyperfocused on the few minuscule things they dislike, that some of them didn't even realize the customization appeared faction based (which was later confirmed by devs), or that the majority of "players" in the gameplay section of the trailer were in pretty normal looking attire.
  • snavelaer

I think they were just trying to cram as much into the trailer as possible, and people focused on a female. At least for me, the part I've focused on the most is the "gameplay" portion. I've watched the trailer countless times by now and I can't see why people are so focused on the woman who only appeared 3 times for a few seconds out of a 2 minute trailer.

They're so hyperfocused on the few minuscule things they dislike, that some of them didn't even realize the customization appeared faction based (which was later confirmed by devs), or that the majority of "players" in the gameplay section of the trailer were in pretty normal looking attire.

Well there was a huge focus on the woman in comparison to the other squadmembers. Wich make it a badly drawn caricature of it's own .

Dr Disrepects reaction was this. .......

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NOynQL77N8E
  • snavelaer

If they would like to cram so much in. Why not make a second trailer? Or a bit longer?
    If the message is; You can custumize the living daylight out of a woman or male character.... Why not highlight the horsehead on the Churchill a bit more? Why do the male squadmembers look like David Bowie during the 70's? Make the facepaint a bit greener.

If you still don't got the message by now that you can custumize the living daylight we give also every soldier a different uniform .

They lay it in on so thick that makes it is a badly drawn caricature.

I don't know if you played COD:WW2 But in the menu's you walk on Normandy Beach and it looks authentic (<<<<<means believable)
    I recognise all sort of props. Really well done.
    But.........every soldier looks different. Although the uniforms they wear are authenitic maybe (<<<<<<<means believable) it doesn't feels authentic (<<<<<<<believable). It is out of CONTEXT. It looks like a dress up party.

This trailer is in the Uncanny Vally for many people. It looks off.

• Loqtrall

If they would like to cram so much in. Why not make a second trailer? Or a bit longer?
    If the message is; You can custumize the living daylight out of a woman or male character.... Why not highlight the horsehead on the Churchill a bit more? Why do the male squadmembers look like David Bowie during the 70's? Make the facepaint a bit greener.

If you still don't got the message by now that you can custumize the living daylight we give also every soldier a different uniform .

They lay it in on so thick that makes it is a badly drawn caricature.

I don't know if you played COD:WW2 But in the menu's you walk on Normandy Beach and it looks authentic (<<<<<means believable)
    I recognise all sort of props. Really well done.
    But.........every soldier looks different. Although the uniforms they wear are authenitic maybe (<<<<<<<means believable) it doesn't feels authentic (<<<<<<<believable). It is out of CONTEXT. It looks like a dress up party.

This trailer is in the Uncanny Vally for many people. It looks off.

The horses head on the tank, as well as the bear and the wine bottle, are references to Easter eggs in BF1. Thats why they were on the tank and were shown off simultaneously at the very beginning of the trailer.

Why didn't they make two trailers? Because this was a less than hour long reveal event. It was to announce the coming of a new BF game. I don't know if you realized this, but in literally one day EA Play is happening and we're probably going to hear about and see extensive amounts of BF5 in action.

Why make two trailers and explain every single thing word for word at an event where you're just announcing what game is coming out, especially when just two weeks later you have your own live event where you plan on showing the game off?

Lmao, and I have played CoDWW2, and the headquarters is hardly an accurate depiction of the US setup on Normandy Beach. Thats not to mention that if you actually pay attention, you can find the same two npc soldiers (one of which is female) in multiple places all over the HQ area. Hell, they don't even let you go down and explore the beach, you get a bunker and a shooting range.... It was very lazily done, and that's evident by Sledgehammer not being able to get it fully functional until a month after launch.

Secondly, authentic doesn't mean believable, it means whatever you're discussing is of undisputed origin.

All that face paint, the prosthetic arm, the clothing, the women, they're all authentic to the time period of ww2. Are they shown off or represented in realistic ways, or a manner that's accurate to history? No, not at all.

But they are authentic, and the "authentic, but not really realistic" approach is the basis for how DICE have developed every BF game. It's ridiculous people could complain about females and customization in a WW2 BF game when the only other full ww2 title in the franchise was fill of inaccuracies and had jetpacks and helicopters.

It may not be believable, and it's not, but in that same regard neither is any other BF game ever made. And at this point people are literally picking and choosing between unrealistic and historically inaccurate features, are singling out customization, and are proclaiming JUST THIS ONE THING "needs" to be historically accurate or "believable", despite the fact its just as unbelievable as the rest of the game will be.

Frankly, the argument that JUST player customization is so immersion breaking that its the ONE unrealistic thing out of dozens that needs to be changed, is absolutely ridiculous imo. There's zero logic behind it when you take into consideration what type of game BF5 is, and what franchise it belongs to.

People are essentially ignoring the rest of the franchise to that this one feature is the most unrealistic thing dice have ever done, and act like it's going to ruin the game as thet play the equally as unrealistic and inaccurate BF3, BF4, or BF1. It's gotten to the point people are claiming BF1 is a respectful and accurate portrayal of ww1 simply because it doesn't have this feature, which is complete BS.
  • snavelaer
    edited June 2018
    The horses head on the tank, as well as the bear and the wine bottle, are references to Easter eggs in BF1. Thats why they were on the tank and were shown off simultaneously at the very beginning of the trailer.
    So the trailer is not even telling me that you can custumize your tank? Because it was according to you an easteregg. Ok! I don't do eastereggs so again it missed its point of the trailer.
    Why didn't they make two trailers? Because this was a less than hour long reveal event. It was to announce the coming of a new BF game.
    Need that to be announced than the inevitable? It was quite a show, wasn't it. Building up the hype and all that .Trevor Noah made it worse. Building up a hype for a trailer and than it blows up right in your face. I watched the trailer first and later the reveal. Many people only watch a trailer and descide on that if they going to purchase or not. What I heard about the game is great but the ugly drawn caricature trailer overshadowed the other news. I am going to buy it most certainly but for many people the damage is done. And that is a shame because I think it is going to be a good game with a small chance that everyone runs around as David Bowie during his glam years .
    Why make two trailers and explain every single thing word for word at an event where you're just announcing what game is coming out, especially when just two weeks later you have your own live event where you plan on showing the game off?
    Not saying that 2 trailers is a good idea. But now it now misses it point. The second teasertrailer just released that looked good.
    Lmao, and I have played CoDWW2, and the headquarters is hardly an accurate depiction of the US setup on Normandy Beach. Thats not to mention that if you actually pay attention, you can find the same two npc soldiers (one of which is female) in multiple places all over the HQ area. Hell, they don't even let you go down and explore the beach, you get a bunker and a shooting range.... It was very lazily done, and that's evident by Sledgehammer not being able to get it fully functional until a month after launch.
    Would love to here what your resources are of a accurate US setup on Normandy Beach and how it looked.
    Secondly, authentic doesn't mean believable, it means whatever you're discussing is of undisputed origin.
    People say often authentic but they mean believable with it. Synonyms for the word authentic from another language to english it gets translated as believable, credibily, reliable.
    That's way you get these dialogues of the deaf on these forums.
    All that face paint, the prosthetic arm, the clothing, the women, they're all authentic to the time period of ww2. Are they shown off or represented in realistic ways, or a manner that's accurate to history? No, not at all.
    Exactly my point. They are taken out of the context. But in such a way it isn't convincing anymore. They are hugely blown out of proportion. The end result is a badly drawn caricature.
    But they are authentic, and the "authentic, but not really realistic" approach is the basis for how DICE have developed every BF game. It's ridiculous people could complain about females and customization in a WW2 BF game when the only other full ww2 title in the franchise was fill of inaccuracies and had jetpacks and helicopters.

It may not be believable, and it's not, but in that same regard neither is any other BF game ever made. And at this point people are literally picking and choosing between unrealistic and historically inaccurate features, are singling out customization, and are proclaiming JUST THIS ONE THING "needs" to be historically accurate or "believable", despite the fact its just as unbelievable as the rest of the game will be
    But they are authentic, and the "authentic, but not really realistic" approach is the basis for how DICE have developed every BF and therefor you can compare BF1942 with a well drawn caricature of World War 2. Jetpacks and helicopter weren't in the base game.
    People are essentially ignoring the rest of the franchise to that this one feature is the most unrealistic thing dice have ever done, and act like it's going to ruin the game as thet play the equally as unrealistic and inaccurate BF3, BF4, or BF1. It's gotten to the point people are claiming BF1 is a respectful and accurate portrayal of ww1 simply because it doesn't have this feature, which is complete BS.
    Battlefield 1 is also a badly drawn caricature but I enjoy it nonetheless with some nasty mistakes.
    If people say BF1 is a respectful and accurate portrayal of ww1 simply because it doesn't have this feature they are totally insane.

Post edited by snavelaer on
  • StompJaneAustin
    244 postsMember Member
    Another trailer spoof.