This Week in Battlefield V

East coast servers are now laggy more than ever

SecondAmendmnt
318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Not just me, all of my friends. Lag, rubber banding, kill trades, bad hit reg.

Please fix

Comments

• NoSkinnyGirls
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've experienced a lot of kill trades too. Game is frustraring me to say the least, nothing goes right, and I dunno why.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's how BF1 end, not with a bang bang bang but a whimper and possibly a wuzzzzzzzzzzz-pop.
  • DaMutha1
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've had several nights when my ping is yellow for East coast servers and green for West coast. And I live in Mass.
  • NoSkinnyGirls
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    I've had several nights when my ping is yellow for East coast servers and green for West coast. And I live in Mass.

I had my server browser set for north america, and it was showing brazil.

Traded kills multiple times today, unloaded on someone and no hit markers. Dying past corners, it's been a nightmare.
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think tons of people play OOR because of the lag compensation. I play on US east coast rather than EU but my ping never exceeds 100ms, normally 80-90ms. So I don't see myself as a problem. There's normally quite a few more players over 100ms than there are typically on EU servers.

If you've got a ping of say 30ms and you go up against a player with 160ms then you've got a gap of 130ms. These 120-160ms players are a nightmare for me when I play with a 30ms ping. Time and time again I meet them head on and I die before I can do anything. I mostly use the fastest ttk weapons, Automatico and SMG08 and I just can't do anything.

When I play on US servers at 90ms the guy on 30ms is 60ms from me and the guy on 160ms is 70ms from me. The result is the hit detection is much better and you don't get instant deaths where you get the packet data in one go.

I know folk will disagree with me but I've put alot of hours into this game, I'm top 2% overall kills and top 6% overall deaths, over 22000 deaths. I've listened to what guys like VBALL_MVP have to say and I've gone back and forward between EU servers and US servers trying to work out which is best. It's always the same, I go back to US servers.

From the snippets of information I've managed to gather about the lag compensation I believe this game really does punish you for having a low ping. The only comments I've seen from a developer said that lag compensation has to be there for the game to work. He said it was a compromise. From this, and my personal experience I've come to the conclusion that the game works best at whatever the average ping of the server is, which I'd put at 60-90ms depending on the server. I've also experimented with much higher lag from 160ms upto 270ms. I can get good scores playing at 160ms. I've even had reasonable scores right up to 270ms, I've gone 18-6 on TDM with insanely high lag like that.

People can condone people like me on here but at the end of the day nothing can stop it happening. Dice will never ping lock the game, if they ping lock the servers then they stop people playing with their friends in other countries. If Battlefield V has the same lag compensation and the US servers play better I'll be playing OOR. I've just accepted it now as part of online gaming. Experiment with what connection speeds are available then go with whichever works best.

• von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think tons of people play OOR because of the lag compensation. I play on US east coast rather than EU but my ping never exceeds 100ms, normally 80-90ms. So I don't see myself as a problem. There's normally quite a few more players over 100ms than there are typically on EU servers.

If you've got a ping of say 30ms and you go up against a player with 160ms then you've got a gap of 130ms. These 120-160ms players are a nightmare for me when I play with a 30ms ping. Time and time again I meet them head on and I die before I can do anything. I mostly use the fastest ttk weapons, Automatico and SMG08 and I just can't do anything.

When I play on US servers at 90ms the guy on 30ms is 60ms from me and the guy on 160ms is 70ms from me. The result is the hit detection is much better and you don't get instant deaths where you get the packet data in one go.

I know folk will disagree with me but I've put alot of hours into this game, I'm top 2% overall kills and top 6% overall deaths, over 22000 deaths. I've listened to what guys like VBALL_MVP have to say and I've gone back and forward between EU servers and US servers trying to work out which is best. It's always the same, I go back to US servers.

From the snippets of information I've managed to gather about the lag compensation I believe this game really does punish you for having a low ping. The only comments I've seen from a developer said that lag compensation has to be there for the game to work. He said it was a compromise. From this, and my personal experience I've come to the conclusion that the game works best at whatever the average ping of the server is, which I'd put at 60-90ms depending on the server. I've also experimented with much higher lag from 160ms upto 270ms. I can get good scores playing at 160ms. I've even had reasonable scores right up to 270ms, I've gone 18-6 on TDM with insanely high lag like that.

People can condone people like me on here but at the end of the day nothing can stop it happening. Dice will never ping lock the game, if they ping lock the servers then they stop people playing with their friends in other countries. If Battlefield V has the same lag compensation and the US servers play better I'll be playing OOR. I've just accepted it now as part of online gaming. Experiment with what connection speeds are available then go with whichever works best.

Yes because if you pingcap some servers you must pingcap them all, that's how it works, all or nothing, there is no tweeking with different settings, it must be cheese.
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes because if you pingcap some servers you must pingcap them all, that's how it works, all or nothing, there is no tweeking with different settings, it must be cheese.

Cheese?
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My clan owns a NA Eastern Server. Currently UNPLAYABLE for everybody with the amount of rubber banding happening even for me with 30ping or less. Fix your **** right now. We pay for servers, you guys are money hungry so you decided to monopolize your servers and not allow 3rd party server hosters therefore, you only have yourselves to blame. Fix your ****.
  • SecondAmendmnt
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Today it is all back to normal. What do y’all see?
  • von_Campenstein

Cheese?

There are a number of explanations of cheese in gaming on Urban Dictionary.
  • PunisherNM
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Data center Ddos issues or what no bandwidth LOL buy the cheapest and claim the best !