Servers favour 1 side in a game?

Squizzy72
31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm just putting this out for comment as I'm unsure but would like to hear other players thoughts, to me I believe (but could be wrong) that the servers seem to favour 1 side in a game, 1 team seem to get it easy, easy kills etc yet the other team struggle, shots don't register and might as well be throwing water balloons at the enemy... Even tonight I hit 2 players standing next to each other square on with the AT Rocket and nothing... I've experienced both these and a lot more lately, does anyone else feel this happens? Australian player btw...

Comments

• crswipe
    559 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah... Now that you mention it, the side that plays better always wins! You might be on to something...
  • Vaders
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You just noticed this? Been going on with BF for the last 3 or 4 releases!
  • Squizzy72
    Vaders wrote: »
    You just noticed this? Been going on with BF for the last 3 or 4 releases!

Ok so it's not just me then!!! Cheers Vaders
  • V99999
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a real thing you can go from God mode to dirt in a minute. Sometimes the lag hit detection can swing during a match but yes the server appears to favor one team I've the other at times.
  • Squizzy72
    V99999 wrote: »
    It's a real thing you can go from God mode to dirt in a minute. Sometimes the lag hit detection can swing during a match but yes the server appears to favor one team I've the other at times.

It's so so frustrating! Thanks V99999
  • Buzzkill66
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The frustration is real. My brother and I comment on this all the time. We played last night and experienced it all night long.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ditto,
    I'm playing it this morning and like one of the above posters said "you can go from God mode to dirt" in the time it takes to flip a switch.
    Very very frustrating.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This seems like conjecture and anecdotal evidence at best. I've had amazing games followed by TERRIBLE matches in the same server, but I don't think it's the actual server causing it.
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One of my friends maintains that this happens but I'm not so sure myself.
  • Emporer2
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm not sure if the servers really favor one side or the other, but I do think balancing has issues.

Last night I played 3 rounds of conquest. In the first match, my team was annihilated. We lost by a little more than 500 points. Then in the second match, my team dominated. We had 500 points before the other team had 200. Then in the third match, everything shifted again. The other team dominated and we lost again, by about 400 points. There were no close games and no real balancing. It was either one side or the other.
  • Squizzy72
    This seems like conjecture and anecdotal evidence at best. I've had amazing games followed by TERRIBLE matches in the same server, but I don't think it's the actual server causing it.

It is conjecture and anecdotal, it just seems like the servers favour 1 side in a game but what the real reasons are, I don't know but it would be good to know why this happens, it's just so frustrating...
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Emporer2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the servers really favor one side or the other, but I do think balancing has issues.

Last night I played 3 rounds of conquest. In the first match, my team was annihilated. We lost by a little more than 500 points. Then in the second match, my team dominated. We had 500 points before the other team had 200. Then in the third match, everything shifted again. The other team dominated and we lost again, by about 400 points. There were no close games and no real balancing. It was either one side or the other.

Played dom last night. Was the only rank 140. Rest of team rank 90 and below. Other team had two players under 100. 85 and a 92. Rest of team was 110 and above. If course they stomped us. I was first on my side 4 games in a row. Didn't mind the challenge but sucked playing 5 min games.
  • bapman63
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Sure it's conjecture and anecdotal but like the old saying says, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.
  • AnnoyedHaddock
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018

I think it is partly down to the skill based matchmaking and how they assign teams by skill. Every individual player has a skill rating and it seems to me that they just simply average it out. So on one team you have a squad with 5 incredibly high skill players and the rest is populated by very low skill players, the other team is made up of all average skill level players. Thus the team with average skill players will in theory win every time, especially in the 64 player game modes as 4 or 5 players can’t win the game.

I find this very noticeable as some games I’ll be 5-10k points clear at the top of the scoreboard with a 4 or 5+ kd ratio and more kills than the rest of my squad combined. These games where I do very well personally are generally the ones I lose, the ones I win mainly are the games where my teams scorebord is fairly well balanced and the top 5-10 spaces are pretty equal.

I would like to see a tier ranking system that other competitive games have like Halo and Gears so you’re always playing with similar level players as yourself and don’t have a team populated by potatoes with 2 left hands.
  • bapman63

I think it is partly down to the skill based matchmaking and how they assign teams by skill. Every individual player has a skill rating and it seems to me that they just simply average it out. So on one team you have a squad with 5 incredibly high skill players and the rest is populated by very low skill players, the other team is made up of all average skill level players. Thus the team with average skill players will in theory win every time, especially in the 64 player game modes as 4 or 5 players can’t win the game.

I find this very noticeable as some games I’ll be 5-10k points clear at the top of the scoreboard with a 4 or 5+ kd ratio and more kills than the rest of my squad combined. These games where I do very well personally are generally the ones I lose, the ones I win mainly are the games where my teams scorebord is fairly well balanced and the top 5-10 spaces are pretty equal.

I would like to see a tier ranking system that other competitive games have like Halo and Gears so you’re always playing with similar level players as yourself and don’t have a team populated by potatoes with 2 left hands.

I don't think that's what op is talking about. I do understand what your talking about but, op (I think) is talking about how one side seems to be able to kill with no issues yet the other sides 4 shot weapons seems to take 8 now, how the other team seem to be able to snap aim the heck out of your team but when you snap aim your either Lt or Rt of them, the other team captures a flag and it done in seconds but even when you have 10 players on it, it's just tic, tic, tic. There's more of corse but this should be enough to understand op point.
  • AnnoyedHaddock
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bapman63 wrote: »

I don't think that's what op is talking about. I do understand what your talking about but, op (I think) is talking about how one side seems to be able to kill with no issues yet the other sides 4 shot weapons seems to take 8 now, how the other team seem to be able to snap aim the heck out of your team but when you snap aim your either Lt or Rt of them, the other team captures a flag and it done in seconds but even when you have 10 players on it, it's just tic, tic, tic. There's more of corse but this should be enough to understand op point.

Gotcha, misunderstood that my bad.
  • bapman63
    Dice isn't even trying to hide it any more. I just watched some one respawn right behind someone on the other team in a spot I've never seen anyone spawn before, I watched someone spawn on a teammate under fire. I mean it's just blatant.
  • Squizzy72

Yes Sir, you hit the nail on the head and is exactly what I am talking about... obviously I'm not the only one who experiences this lol.
  • Squizzy72

Gotcha, misunderstood that my bad.

You make some good points about balancing though Haddock, I'm a Halo 5 player and I always find it frustrating matching players far greater in skill than me and where there doesn't seem to be any skill based matchmaking (i.e. ranked TDM maybe) but I guess that's for another thread and not sure it would work in Battlefield games, thanks for your reply though ☺
  • Squizzy72
    Dice isn't even trying to hide it any more. I just watched some one respawn right behind someone on the other team in a spot I've never seen anyone spawn before, I watched someone spawn on a teammate under fire. I mean it's just blatant.

Do you think they're more intetested in BFV and BF1 is no longer a priority? I had 2 enemy players respawn right next to me yesterday in Conquest and they didn't even realise I was an enemy player until it was too late...