Weekly BF

BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• CrashCA
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Another promo news item and nothing on servers. Didn't really expect any but would be nice.
  • StarscreamUK
    7320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I doubt any information will come out before ea play.
  • oOAxuritOo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    We are many French hope to return to the old server rental system.
    We also think that it is extremely important for the longevity of the game, and for the pleasure of finding a wide variety of servers.
    The choice is the deep foundation of this game.
    an EA executive hinted that there would be a sandbox mode, can be part of the answer?
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well if Dice are going back to BF's roots.. there should be dedicated servers, especially if the game is community focused and they want everyone to believe they are listening to the community.
  • Doctorfurious54
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hello world
    i m french
    Nice u
    We would like a match making normal with 5 Guy by squad..
    Second, We would like the same in hardcore...
    But too would like a 3rd mode battle with rent server, auto balance for clan tag or balance admin like BF4...
    We would like to play 8 guy like psn chat party and more..
    Look next you, tomorrow psn chat party could probably contain 16 players...
    New concept like battle is now
    I would like A league on battlefield web TV
    Have nice day

Post edited by Doctorfurious54 on
  • CrashCA
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hoping for some news on Saturday (EA Play), but doubt it
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yeah likely the same lies they spewed before BF1s launch. If that's the case this will be the 3rd BF game in a row I've skipped after thoroughly supporting the franchise since it's inception.

Sidenode, Hardline wasn't really a true BF game in my eyes and more of a cash grab based on a previously great IP.
  • The_Violator_NZ
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let me tell you a little secret...

THERE IS NO CLOUD!

It's just someone else's server ;)
  • Amphybiouse
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    doesn't look like bfV is going to be worth a purchase even with a massive discount.
  • Reverend-1313
    edited June 2018
    Yeah if they don't have the server situation un-effed by the time the discount comes the games population will be dead. That's kinda the entire idea behind EA decision for servers though.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    We will not hear anything on server rental program until about 1 month before launch

I certainly hope there will be some mention of dedicated servers over the weekend...I'm sure it's safe to say that for a lot of gamers it will be a deal breaker.. The response to this issue has been substantial and for EA/DICE to ignore it or hope that it'll go way will be a wrong move.
  • ShevermiN
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Sidenode, Hardline wasn't really a true BF game in my eyes and more of a cash grab based on a previously great IP.

Why do people say this ??? Hardline was great, it was designed to go up against GTA5 and just because it had Battlefield in the title it some how triggered a bunch of idiots. It was completely advertised as a cops v robbers game and was a fully fledged title with as much content as BF3 and more than BFBC2.

Just because they shoe horned 64p conquest into the game to keep the BF fan boys happy and wasn't actually made for that mode was not there problem it was yours and the rest of the conquest only mob. If you played the game in 32p and played the other game modes it was great. Still is, and it is the last of the BF games to have dedicated private servers. Of course what the community did to break the game with 24/7 no kill hotwire servers is why you don't get private servers anymore.

We can only hope for an extension of the current RSP model and maybe some upgrades, and don't ever think that other than conquest, DOM, TDM will be the modes for RSP, the new game mode will be exactly the same as Operations is now as it is just an extension to the game mode from Star Wars Battlefront 2 galactic assault.

Dice and EA don't care about you conscientious objectors who brag about not buying their last games, there just isn't enough of you. Get over yourselves because you are off playing early access games that look and play like they were made a decade ago ??? Look stay playing ARMA, BF4, PUBG, SQUAD, and the other dozen or so laggy, clunky, poorly optimised, bug filled other games out there that are pitching to you "the simulation guys" where you just exploit every glitch and bug for a win.

DICE has just brought a generation of console gamers 64p @ 60 fps gameplay. And there are plenty more out there to win over and that's what they are doing.

• Reverend-1313
    ShevermiN wrote: »

Why do people say this ??? Hardline was great, it was designed to go up against GTA5 and just because it had Battlefield in the title it some how triggered a bunch of idiots. It was completely advertised as a cops v robbers game and was a fully fledged title with as much content as BF3 and more than BFBC2.

Just because they shoe horned 64p conquest into the game to keep the BF fan boys happy and wasn't actually made for that mode was not there problem it was yours and the rest of the conquest only mob. If you played the game in 32p and played the other game modes it was great. Still is, and it is the last of the BF games to have dedicated private servers. Of course what the community did to break the game with 24/7 no kill hotwire servers is why you don't get private servers anymore.

We can only hope for an extension of the current RSP model and maybe some upgrades, and don't ever think that other than conquest, DOM, TDM will be the modes for RSP, the new game mode will be exactly the same as Operations is now as it is just an extension to the game mode from Star Wars Battlefront 2 galactic assault.

Dice and EA don't care about you conscientious objectors who brag about not buying their last games, there just isn't enough of you. Get over yourselves because you are off playing early access games that look and play like they were made a decade ago ??? Look stay playing ARMA, BF4, PUBG, SQUAD, and the other dozen or so laggy, clunky, poorly optimised, bug filled other games out there that are pitching to you "the simulation guys" where you just exploit every glitch and bug for a win.

DICE has just brought a generation of console gamers 64p @ 60 fps gameplay. And there are plenty more out there to win over and that's what they are doing.

Thanks for making my point about Hardline not being a BF game for me. As for the rest take your Ritalin and calm down.
  • Reverend-1313
    I doubt any information will come out before ea play.

EA play has come and gone. Server info? Nope..writing is on the wall, feels bad.
  • CrashCA
    Just to keep this active.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well if Dice are going back to BF's roots.. there should be dedicated servers, especially if the game is community focused and they want everyone to believe they are listening to the community.

Totally correct.. 100%..
  • StarscreamUK
    7320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Just to keep this active.

2 days doesn't need a bump. So please don't.
  • Reverend-1313
    Thanks for bumping starscream
  • CrashCA
    As there is just one massive group of posts, it is easy to end up with multiple threads on same topic.