YouTubers must have been given the go ahead. Gameplay vids

Comments

• disposalist
    8837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I liked everything I saw except the gunplay, these guns have no recoil at all.
    Yeah, no RBD and very little recoil. No keen on laser-like accuracy in a shooter.
  • StompJaneAustin
    244 postsMember Member
    The crying woman ingame is annoying.

Just pretend she's a civilian who just watched her house get bombed ..
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Everything looks top notch so far. It is a shame though that we have not seen how the cusomization works.
  • Z3ROKD
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks good. You can tell how much EA is babysitting their video making lol. Can't wait for more. Looks good.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So if MP 40 is Medic's gun, will Sten and Thompson be as well since those are also SMGs or will Thompson be considered as an Assault gun to rival STG44 for gameplay purposes so that STG won't be the only good Assault gun? Or will some guns be available in multiple classes? Thoughts?
  • ladderley
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Like others said the recoil seems pretty non-existent early days but I hope they up it and give each weapon more of a unique feel. After watching 30 full mins of gameplay that's the impression I'm getting as far as gunplay is concerned.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The builder challenge, finish MVP only building things, no kills.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    So if MP 40 is Medic's gun, will Sten and Thompson be as well since those are also SMGs or will Thompson be considered as an Assault gun to rival STG44 for gameplay purposes so that STG won't be the only good Assault gun? Or will some guns be available in multiple classes? Thoughts?

I'm more curious whether this chronological approach is maps only or if it will mean the StG44 won't actually show up untill 1944 or rather 1943 as was the earliest deployment.
  • Skull_Tooth
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The crying woman ingame is annoying.

Just pretend she's a civilian who just watched her house get bombed ..

Even more annoying, should be happy they're still alive. No revives for them. LOL
  • A_warped_mind
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The one thing i'm not liking is the red/white skulls on the screen a bit intrusive, and do we really need them popping up all the time.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The one thing i'm not liking is the red/white skulls on the screen a bit intrusive, and do we really need them popping up all the time.
    Agreed. Le Sauce was discussing that while we were playing bf1. Very much like a couple of other games. I hope that dice tones it down before release.
  • Popa2caps
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Timer 20:36 if it doesn't start at that point for you.

Out of bounds so close to the map?
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, all of the random icons that pop up on the screen are quite distracting. DICE should tone that down, and I'd appreciate the do-away with hit marker and kill shot sounds. In my opinion, the "ADHD fuel," or whatever would be a more proper term, nonsense takes away from the experience. Even the headshot kill sound was better utilized in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 than Battlefield 1. Although, Battlefield: Bad Company (1) was the worst offender with all of the sound effects that were played whenever you got an award, which was like every ten seconds.
    I'm amazed no one brought up how similar BFV looks to Bad company 2

It kind of looks like a version of Port Valdez that is actually decent. The aesthetic of the first reveal trailer was definitely overboard, but I do like what I'm seeing here within the actual gameplay. I always adored Battlefield: Bad Company 2's art style, and I was quite taken back when Battlefield 1 returned to that sort of look. Personally, I always found Battlefield 3 to be quite ugly with its dull colors and that atrocious blue tint. Battlefield 4 was definitely an improvement in that it ditched that terrible tint, but it definitely didn't blow me away like Battlefield 1 has. Then again, much of that probably had to do with me playing Battlefield 4 on the old PS3 followed by playing Battlefield 1 on PC at Ultra settings at 1920x1080p (currently High settings at 2160x1440p).
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    . i just don't like anything about this game so far.. this is just sad for me because i love bf. stupid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hammer icons all over.. people are going to be screwing around building sand bag forts and camping not ptfo.
  • melir219
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF1.2 it looks as much boring
  • COMPETITIVE_NooB
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    At this point there's no going back... this franchise is pretty much done.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The franchise is done because a handful of people don't like the direction?
  • COMPETITIVE_NooB
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

The franchise is done because a handful of people don't like the direction?

Done in the sense of decent quality.
    They want the Battle Royale audience and their money so bad that I would expect the classic Battlefield game modes like Conquest and Rush to be poorly designed; the same goes for the maps.
    When it comes to gunplay, the videos on youtube speak for themselves. Recoil will not be on the right side of history.
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the recoil is not increased by a lot, I don't think I'll be getting this game. WTH is this, COD+Fortnite?!
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Battlefield isn't "done," but it should be known that over half of the Battlefield titles do fade into relative obscurity at the very least.

What if I asked people what the most significant Battlefield titles are? Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and Battlefield 1 would be the ones with the most mentions. Even then, in the case of Battlefield 4, it wasn't even considered to be "significant" by the community until the CTE program launched and Hardline gained a lukewarm first impression. Before then, it was just called "Battlefield 3.5" by many, and many gamers were cautious of buying the game due to stupid mistakes EA and DICE made with Battlefield 3. Things like the atrocious netcode (10 Hz refresh rate), DICE's stubbornness to allow players to turn off the blue tint, the light glare, the unnecessarily jacked-up suppression mechanics that nobody asked for late within the game's lifespan, the bait-and-switch removal of originally listed DLC content, the Assault meta (M16A3, AEK-971, pre-nerf FAMAS, AN-94, and sometimes G3A3), and some other things really harmed DICE's reputation at the time. So, Battlefield 4 ended having low sale numbers at release due to the issues of the previous game.

Aside from that, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield: Bad Company, and Battlefield 1943 were well-received by most people. Although, they rarely pop up in discussions nowadays. Hardline was a mixed bag in that some people really loved it while the rest really don't want anything to do with it. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Play4Free, and the South Korean Battlefield Online are mostly forgotten.