Weekly Debrief

Save the Cavalry Class! Keep Cavalry in BFV, with a twist.

RomioiStrategos
402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It seems evident to me they are scrapping the cavalry class in BFV. It would make sense as horses had a negigible combat role in WW2. (Mind you, they WERE used in combat to some extent by the Russians, the Poles, the Italians and from what I hear even the Germans early in the war). I hope they keep the cavalry class. I think it is a good idea and I give the following reasons as to why:

1) In actual history most cavalry units became either mechanized or ceremonial. It makes sense to me to KEEP it in BFV as assigned to Light Armoured Vehicles just as happened irl.

2) Continuity. 4 infantry classes plus 3 vehicle classes in BF1 each with a different role. Should be the same in BFV. Cavalry assigned to Light Armoured vehicles would have a much different role than heavy armor tanker class(flanking, scouting, use of speed as a weapon).

3) Dedicated cavalry players might choose to stay in BF1(I'm pondering this myself) if their class disappears altogether. However, if the class is kept in BFV in some form, cavalry class players might be lured to fhe new game.

4) If you keep only 2 vehicle spawns available, BF1 vehicle players plus new players will crowd those spawns. Keeping a 3rd vehicle class will likely reduce the posibility of that happening.

What do you guys think? Help me spread the word if you agree with me. Let us save the cavalry class!

#Cavalry #KeeptheClassKeepthePlayers #SavetheCavalry

Comments

• DonSharkito
    797 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well as an avid cavalry player myself as well, I think when BFV will be released it will be simply time to say goodbye to our beloved horsie class (if you intend to move to this game ofc).

Unless they add it later on some fronts/battles where it makes sense to do so through their Tide of War thingy, the cavalry unit simply doesn't fit as much WW2 as it does with WW1.

Hopefully there will be a vehicle as funny to use as the cavalry class in BFV and to some extent with similar mechanics / gameplay.
  • SugarDNick30
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With respect even with BFV whether I enjoy it or not I will still play BF1. It's a great game in my opinion.
  • SIRSILKYD
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It seems evident to me they are scrapping the cavalry class in BFV. It would make sense as horses had a negigible combat role in WW2. (Mind you, they WERE used in combat to some extent by the Russians, the Poles, the Italians and from what I hear even the Germans early in the war). I hope they keep the cavalry class. I think it is a good idea and I give the following reasons as to why:

1) In actual history most cavalry units became either mechanized or ceremonial. It makes sense to me to KEEP it in BFV as assigned to Light Armoured Vehicles just as happened irl.

2) Continuity. 4 infantry classes plus 3 vehicle classes in BF1 each with a different role. Should be the same in BFV. Cavalry assigned to Light Armoured vehicles would have a much different role than heavy armor tanker class(flanking, scouting, use of speed as a weapon).

3) Dedicated cavalry players might choose to stay in BF1(I'm pondering this myself) if their class disappears altogether. However, if the class is kept in BFV in some form, cavalry class players might be lured to fhe new game.

4) If you keep only 2 vehicle spawns available, BF1 vehicle players plus new players will crowd those spawns. Keeping a 3rd vehicle class will likely reduce the posibility of that happening.

What do you guys think? Help me spread the word if you agree with me. Let us save the cavalry class!

Yea they should definitely add horses to BFV only make sense or you guys BFV going to add flying motorcycle sincethat girls has a metal hand wtf? I wana smoke what DICE\EA smoking ADD SOM3 FREAKING HORSES ****!
  • JAREDUP
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The polish army didn't have tanks, but Calvary. They better, if they add the 1939 battle in Poland, the pols will need Calvary to stand a chance
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Germans used a lot of horses. It should be possible to take them for transport. Brits used lots in the far east too.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SIRSILKYD wrote: »

Yea they should definitely add horses to BFV only make sense or you guys BFV going to add flying motorcycle sincethat girls has a metal hand wtf? I wana smoke what DICE\EA smoking ADD SOM3 FREAKING HORSES ****!

I don't see the correlation here but you fight the system over prosthetic limbed woman like you are actually gonna get anywhere with that

~

Op I'd love the cavalry class to return (mainly because Dice SE knows how to make it work unlike Dice LA) but it's extremely slim. We can only hope for Fall of Europe they show up if the Polish get a feature.

• Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like where you're going with this, Romioi. I am not hopeful about them having horses in V, although I will really miss them. You and I have ridden many a mile together, and it seems sad to have experienced such a unique player class/vehicle and then have to leave it behind.
    Part of what made BF1 Cav so unique was the AI element: the horse has a mind of it's own, and there is always the added challenge of working with a vehicle that may or may not approve of your intentions. I can't think of any other way to incorporate that into a WWII game that is even remotely historically accurate.
    But your idea is quite solid. Mechanized Cavalry could be a lightweight, speedy vehicle that can maneuver into enemy lines with speed, counterbalanced by little armor and/or limited firepower. Like the horse, it could be used to disrupt and dislodge enemy snipers, provide an advanced spawn point, spot enemy positions, etc.
    I think there would need to be more done to differentiate it from traditional armored vehicles, though. Perhaps a 360 3rd person view, so that the driver can look in all directions, such as can be done with the horse. Some sort of health and ammo so the driver can support teammates and self-regenerate on the fly (I think they finally got this right in the last iteration of cavalry). Some alternative to the LAT grenades, perhaps a nice machine gun or rocket launcher...
    I am going to miss my horse, no doubt about it. But you're right, there should be something to fill this slot in the new game, and light mechanized cavalry could be very enjoyable. I'm all in.
  • i40ozz
    222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Time to knock the dust off of this old account lol.

Yes, bring them back. If I had to guess, they'll make a DLC appearance. That is the best we can hope for, but maybe w Romio's input on the CTE we can get them back in a few maps, maybe we can get something like another Lupkow pass. Idk how they will do with the new mechanics, AKA the dragging off stationary weapons around the map and the limited ammo for the vehicles now. BUT if DICE really does their homework, I could see them being viable in the new setting, perhaps as a light transport vehicle? I doubt we'll see a return of the melee though.
  • disposalist
    8670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't see why you couldn't have them available, yeah.

After all the nerfs in BF1 if they were similar in BF5 they would hardly be OP and would be fun.

I would (as I did in BF1) like to see them able to pick up another player (but maybe not be able to use melee charge when they have).
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Shoot a horse 5 times and it doesn't die? Cavalry in BF1 is just plain silly, though admittedly fun. I can't say as I'll miss it, though.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    tommygunner.jpg

i'll take this instead!
  • Disguise_AU
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I totally agree! A majority of my time on BF1 is spent on Cavalry, I love it! Definitely my favourite addition to Battlefield. Its the thing I want most in BFV, it would add that extra layer to a WWII game that no other games I've played have done. Please DICE, give us Cavalry in BFV, even if its later as DLC content.
  • EA_Cian
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Just removed some comments. Let's keep the conversation focused on the class itself and keep the gender bickering out of it. Thanks!
  • JZRJDC
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would like to have cavalry, especially with the polish army, but please, please, DONT MAKE IT FRICKIN SURVIVE A HEADSHOT FROM A LIGHT ARTILLERY PIECE.
  • P123ABD4R
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Totally agree and they should be given faction specific bolt action rifles with the Russian Cavalry getting a Mosin Nagant 91/30 Cavalry carbine but the Chinese and German WW2 horse cavalry k98k or it's Nationalist Chinese derivative the Type 24 Chiang Kai Shek Rifle both still retain cavalry sword and lance melee weapons. https://sputniknews.com/europe/201505091021931203/ Russian WW2 Red Army Cavalry with the Cavalry lance weapon
  • Kozer213
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want a slight change to cavalry. Put a giant swinging **** between their legs, because damn that takes balls to face off against tanks on a horse.
  • FearNoTears
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Evils119 wrote: »
    Shoot a horse 5 times and it doesn't die? Cavalry in BF1 is just plain silly, though admittedly fun. I can't say as I'll miss it, though.
    It's one thing getting bomb by a plane near the home base or having a tank roll up. But, to have 1-2 horses running around seems ridiculous. Like ruin the seriousness of the game. Just seem childish.
  • Noodlesocks
    3057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't mind cav as long as they don't get the ridiculous health they do in BF1.
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Evils119 wrote: »
    It's one thing getting bomb by a plane near the home base or having a tank roll up. But, to have 1-2 horses running around seems ridiculous. Like ruin the seriousness of the game. Just seem childish.

X7b0GtBF9VK9jaKp4IWrPZKzBAYeL4sO9c1C-KYFfj7cJ5M0Wroxr95UP_wOYMrsPGTdCuBDPldLZtoSl-2VOYT5g3V5Xj5XDvfgLt4=w200-h183-nc