This Week in Battlefield V

Rumor of no rush in bf5...

SPARTAN_12B
89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
If this is true its a huge setback...not saying the rumor is true but when you look on twitter....it aint posted with the other game modes...

Comments

• Mister_Chompski
    81 postsMember Member
    Can’t say for sure but there’s a game mode called Breakthrough I think that sounded just like Rush.
  • joshualee585900
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rush died tho
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Who cares anyway? Rush is dead.
  • Mister_Chompski
    81 postsMember Member
    “In Breakthrough, at the start of the match, the map is divided into several sectors controlled by the defending team. The attackers’ goal is to take over each sectors one by one in a sequential order. This is accomplished by controlling all available capture points.”
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Rushed was painfully average in BF4, though I still got a kick of it on some maps, and just awful in BF1.

I really hoped they would bring it back and give it some TLC and bring it back to it's glory days, but yeah, it's either not happening or it's going to be another halfa-sed Rush mode (if they cared they would've mentioned it by now) in which case I wouldn't want it anyway.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines is the closest you'll see to Rush
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    Frontlines is the closest you'll see to Rush

You're right, but that game mode doesn't even remotely resemble Rush.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    imo it does, minus the artillery...
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Welp, they were true. BF5 won't feature Rush. R.I.P.
  • gordonmen
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For this bf game not in place of that game mode you get a royaal mode so little kids can play the game to. If you look at bf1 there are not much players who play the rush mode beacus it look a little bit to much as operation. Bud if I look now to the new operation gameplay of bfv it look that there did put some stuff of rush in it so it's not totally gone.
  • PhonB80
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The only thing deader than Rush was Supply Drop and Pigeon. This isn't surprising.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Grand Operations has a very Rush-like objective. The blow up artillery objective. ONly difference being you have to pick up the explosives needed to blow up the artillery first. Otherwise it's pretty blow up an mcom gameplay.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rush was straight up murdered on BF1... I guess the devs wanted to go new ways and focus on the Grand Operation & Fronline gamemodes to substitue for Rush.
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rush was killed off by crap maps. BC2 had Rush specific maps. Lots of cover to sneak in behind the defenders. Remember trees?
    They were killed off in BF4 and beyond.
    Plus the Mcoms could be damaged which made the defenders push up more to protect from Rockets/Mortar strikes. Which would give attackers a chance to arm and keep it armed whilst the defenders try to scramble back. People would sneak through the tree lines of Nelson Bay or Valparaiso. Those were epic games.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rush was killed off by crap maps. BC2 had Rush specific maps. Lots of cover to sneak in behind the defenders. Remember trees?
    They were killed off in BF4 and beyond.
    Plus the Mcoms could be damaged which made the defenders push up more to protect from Rockets/Mortar strikes. Which would give attackers a chance to arm and keep it armed whilst the defenders try to scramble back. People would sneak through the tree lines of Nelson Bay or Valparaiso. Those were epic games.

and in respect of these "old" games it would be nice for everybody to move on... Rush is dead & we will have to find other gamemodes... Or.... BEWARE!.... Other games...
  • disposalist
    8598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Rush was an excellent game mode, but it did seem to die.

I believe it wasn't popular in BF1 because the small teams (12) meant just a couple of people not pulling their weight = lose. I gave up on it because I got so fed up being one of a few actually PTFO and getting crushed.

A 20-man team would have meant you could get away with ignoring a couple of losers.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've hated Rush since it was first introduced in Bad Company 1 ... heck, the fact that we only had Rush at the beginning of BC1's life cycle contributed a lot to me considering BC1 to be the worst BF game ever made.

So, the fact that I don't have to worry about being forced to play Rush for weapon unlocks and assignments is fantastic news for me. However, I understand that there a lot of people that enjoyed Rush, so this isn't quite fantastic news for them. I've heard that they'll put Rush back in after the release of the game, so it's not quite over yet for Rush fans.
  • JediMastaWyn
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Operations was the natural evolution of rush. Capturing a location was more favorable than everyone converging on a small crate.