Can you towe someone who dosent want to be?

steffenbk1
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 2018
say you're on a static gun that can be towed, and you are on a really nice spot with either a pack or AA gun. Can someone just show up and start towing you? without you agreeing to be towed? Because here https://youtu.be/2FbFUsU0yJg?t=77he just shows up and starts towing with a guy on the aa gun.

Edit: so jackfrags just released a new video where he does exactly that im talking about, the guy is even shooting at him to make him stop it looks like https://youtu.be/NKfXvlJ2mOY?t=332
Post edited by steffenbk1 on

Comments

• steffenbk1
    cylon0 wrote: »
    That would stink. There should have to be some type of coordination between players if a static gun is manned by someone and someone comes along and tried to move it.

yeah people would troll the **** out of others with that.
  • snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have this concern as welll. Could be used for trolling.
    Other players towing your AA or cannon away because they don't like where you put it. And parking your stationary out of bounds. That kind of stuff.

If this is the case it is going to be a huge problem.

Especially AA campers near the base
  • MegaloDorian
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'll just be towing people over the side of a cliff or out of bounds. :D
  • Mexican4l1f3
    48 postsMember Member
    chatbo for consoles will solve this
  • PhonB80
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thats a great observation @steffenbk1. I think it would be a pretty simple fix - IF someone is already on the AA gun and a vehicle pulls up, it should allow the AA gun user the option of hitting the action button to allow towing (not hitting the action button prevents it).

Heres an additional question - If a vehicle is towing a stationary and you spawn in to the vehicle, can you spawn in to the tow? Or "switch seats" to it?
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I imagine I would attach the AA to my tank as often as possible just to increase firepower to the rear with 100%.... If the first guy hops off there are plenty of others to fill in his spot...
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope you can tow anyone. For the lols
  • rainkloud
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah this needs to be sorted out. I agree it would be lolorific but after the first few times it just becomes garden variety griefing. It would seem to me that an easy way to handle it would be to make it so you can tow an emplacement weapon when it is occupied. It has to be empty and then once the tow is locked in then you can can hop in.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can see it now. Someone camping AA. Someone hooks up to them and drives them out of bounds. Lmao
  • disposalist
    8279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah very good point. If you're in one and someone moves up to attach to it, a little dialog should probably appear asking if you want to link up. Or maybe there would be a "unlink" option so you can detach any time (including straight away).
  • iceman4321
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    steffenbk1 wrote: »
    say you're on a static gun that can be towed, and you are on a really nice spot with either a pack or AA gun. Can someone just show up and start towing you? without you agreeing to be towed? Because here https://youtu.be/2FbFUsU0yJg?t=77he just shows up and starts towing with a guy on the aa gun.

Edit: so jackfrags just released a new video where he does exactly that im talking about, the guy is even shooting at him to make him stop it looks like https://youtu.be/NKfXvlJ2mOY?t=332

Definitely needs to have the option to accept tow or reject tow if occupied. Otherwise as others have said its going to be very frustrating, especially if a squad has set up a good defence, gone to all the effort to build the fortifications and then some idiot rocks up and tows you away.
  • Zviko0
    1351 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you tow an enemy gun while it's being operated by an enemy?
  • snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maybe a wheelclamp fortifiacation with a sign; Thou shall not TOW! :D
  • snavelaer
    in the gameengine the 'cannon' gets treated as vehicle. Reverse for handbreak. forward for towable.
  • steffenbk1
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Can you tow an enemy gun while it's being operated by an enemy?

would be fun to try.
  • steffenbk1
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Yeah this needs to be sorted out. I agree it would be lolorific but after the first few times it just becomes garden variety griefing. It would seem to me that an easy way to handle it would be to make it so you can tow an emplacement weapon when it is occupied. It has to be empty and then once the tow is locked in then you can can hop in.

agreed, kinda like war thunder has. But in this case you could just a get a popup saying "agree to tow press x"
  • ElliotLH
    5275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    steffenbk1 wrote: »

Looks like an enemy plane flies overhead the moment he's on the road too. SMH.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think in one of JackFrags vids he tows an AA gun with someone already in it