Goodbye sweet spot :D

Comments

• Green_Scar-H
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    The watching stodehs sniping gameplay the damage seemed decent for a center hit. Also looks like velocity is still roughly the same.

I can accept the loss of sweetspot, as long as it’s not airsoft style sniper rifles like bf4

This.

I'm fine with the sweetspot leaving (always thought it was kinda cheesy) but the sniper rifles needed the same velocity as BF1. BF4's sniper rifles were terrible.

BF4 sniper rifles were potato launchers with muzzle velocity of 10m/h :smiley:
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering switching to a medic or support main. 33 damage at range on an LMG at 600 or 700+ rpm... it's just too good to pass up!

Plus you get spotting flares, can build up fortifications, and bypass the attrition system by resupplying yourself.

They say the 5 stages of grief when you lose somethind precious are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I'm gonna skip straight to acceptance this time haha xD

I'll just do exactly what I did after TTK2 in BF1.... main medic. There's no reason not to when scout/recon is worse in pretty much every way that could be useful.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm seriously considering switching to a medic or support main. 33 damage at range on an LMG at 600 or 700+ rpm... it's just too good to pass up!

Plus you get spotting flares, can build up fortifications, and bypass the attrition system by resupplying yourself.

They say the 5 stages of grief when you lose somethind precious are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I'm gonna skip straight to acceptance this time haha xD
    I think internet grief is different. It goes delusion, rage, tantrum, hyperbole and trolling.

You hit it right on the mark, man! I genuinely LOLed
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I'll just do exactly what I did after TTK2 in BF1.... main medic. There's no reason not to when scout/recon is worse in pretty much every way that could be useful.

If you come over to PS4, you can go medic and I'll go support, we'll be invincible.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The watching stodehs sniping gameplay the damage seemed decent for a center hit. Also looks like velocity is still roughly the same.

I can accept the loss of sweetspot, as long as it’s not airsoft style sniper rifles like bf4

This.

I'm fine with the sweetspot leaving (always thought it was kinda cheesy) but the sniper rifles needed the same velocity as BF1. BF4's sniper rifles were terrible.

No kidding. From rifle to target in 3 matches.
  • Green_Scar-H
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This.

No kidding. From rifle to target in 3 matches.

That's pretty fast. Target must be in close range...
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok lads (and ladies, and ladies who identify as lads) I think before we start declaring any class as dead or a horrific op plague, we should take a breather.

We won’t really get a feel for the rifles until the beta.

Then we’ll know what they have cooked up this time.

Of course one of the first posts on the first hour after the beta hits we be..

“Snipers are OP! Stop humping that hill and face me like a man you COD lover!!”

• trip1ex
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok lads (and ladies, and ladies who identify as lads) I think before we start declaring any class as dead or a horrific op plague, we should take a breather.

but they showed a sniper rifle at distance so obviously the scout only snipes from long distance and does nothing else and so everyone is going to play medic.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

but they showed a sniper rifle at distance so obviously the scout only snipes from long distance and does nothing else and so everyone is going to play medic.

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDD!

#NotMySniperRifle

• Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

Yeah if snipers are only effective at long range I'll be jumping on the medic wagon for sure.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    It really has nothing to do with what I've seen of the scout gameplay and more to do with the medic gameplay. Their rifles kill very quickly at more than enough range for objective play. With no sweetspot, that relegates bolt action rifle users to long ranges only to be effective in comparison. Or relying on your target already being injured.

Medics will always have the advantage when their weapons are more forgiving, just as accurate, and kill faster on top of being able to keep themselves at full health, except at very long ranges where higher magnification is desired.
  • Mexican4l1f3
    48 postsMember Member
    Goood
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh no, I have to aim for the head.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    : [/quote]

No kidding. From rifle to target in 3 matches.[/quote]
    @x_Undaunted_x
    Just had to re-post this as I’m only allowed one up vote. I lol’ed gg.
  • Hawxxeye
    5351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Snipers never needed sweetspots anyway. What they needed was:
    Velocity
    Accuracy
    To be able to remain concealed until they can take at least the first shot (they will not be getting the last one thanks to glints :( )
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It really has nothing to do with what I've seen of the scout gameplay and more to do with the medic gameplay. Their rifles kill very quickly at more than enough range for objective play. With no sweetspot, that relegates bolt action rifle users to long ranges only to be effective in comparison. Or relying on your target already being injured.

Medics will always have the advantage when their weapons are more forgiving, just as accurate, and kill faster on top of being able to keep themselves at full health, except at very long ranges where higher magnification is desired.
    This is absolutely true. The only advantage of scouts in BF1 was they were the only ones with perfect accuracy (no RBD).

In BF5 all weapons have perfect precision. No RBD. The advantage of the scout class is, apparently, out of the window.

I'm not a fan of the unreal lack of RBD, but apparently it was unpopular (yes, BF1 took it too far).

But scout rifles could have much less damage drop off. Much higher velocity. Scouts could have really good spotting gadgets. Other ways to balance them.

Anyone who knows me knows I'd prefer to not have snipers at all. I hope they balance "scout" so it really is a "scout" not a sniper.

We have only seen Pre-Alpha footage. They've got plenty more to tell us, plenty more to develop and plenty of time to tweak things.
  • Alphazetamu
    edited June 2018

This is absolutely true. The only advantage of scouts in BF1 was they were the only ones with perfect accuracy (no RBD).

In BF5 all weapons have perfect precision. No RBD. The advantage of the scout class is, apparently, out of the window.

I'm not a fan of the unreal lack of RBD, but apparently it was unpopular (yes, BF1 took it too far).

But scout rifles could have much less damage drop off. Much higher velocity. Scouts could have really good spotting gadgets. Other ways to balance them.

Anyone who knows me knows I'd prefer to not have snipers at all. I hope they balance "scout" so it really is a "scout" not a sniper.

We have only seen Pre-Alpha footage. They've got plenty more to tell us, plenty more to develop and plenty of time to tweak things.

Yeah it's early days, but still the changes from BF1 indicate that they've actively wanted to make these changes, rather than leave the BF1 system as a temporary placeholder default. Perhaps in internal testing they'll realise that medic SLRs currently hold too many advantages over the bolt actions, so they'll need to balance that (of course this is assuming that what we were shown was somehow representative of the rest).

Ultimately, sniping is more of a playstyle than a real class or weapon - it's essentially aiming to maintain long range engagements, rather than pushing into a contested area. So I think sniping will always exist, but it just might move from one class to another, depending on the relative advantages of the weapons. Right now being a medic sniper looks viable.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    As I use infantry scout rifles and 1/3 of my kills are headshots (in good games), maybe one kill out of 10 is with the sweetspot and the rest are either a shot + pistol finish or 2 rifle shots, I say bf5 is moving in the right direction if the snipers don't have incredibly low bullet velocity.

->Glint + low ammo count to punish useless hillhumpers padding their KD and not contributing to their team/squad like we have in bf1.
    ->Excluding support that can 3d spot as well but only when fully suppressing somebody, scout is the only class that can 3d spot (with binoculars) and can minimap spot everything in a radius with flare (as long as you follow a support squadmate, you have infinite amounts of flares anyway).
    ->if you want a CQC capable scout, there will be at least one exotic subclass that we know of that gives scout access to throwing knives, silent boots and silenced SMG.
    ->Headboxes are confirmed to be bigger and have a bigger multiplier which means scout rifles shoult always OHK with a headshot and are easier to get.

All in all, scout class will still be a great asset in the right hands. Defensive playstyle (aka camping) seems to be way more rewarding in bf5 so having a scout to spot stuff both in a radius on the minimap and 3d spot will be of an IMMENSE help. The rifles just won't be as braindead as in bf1 because they won't reward you for camping at a set distance from an objective to farm OHK body shots with your sweetspot. Also, if you say "oh sweet spot isn't OP because I was only getting a couple of kills with it" then you shouldn't have any issues not having it anymore then!
  • vulpesveritas
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My argument is this: the nerfs were not needed with the other gun types getting further buffs across the board, again, scouts are already the least played class in BF1.

Not to mention, with the new system, I do ask how there is differentiation between different bolt actions in game, which is something of a concern for me. And in terms of gameplay, it is seeming that the scout class is being made the objectively worst class for actual combat at every range, which doesn't seem like a good balance decision, in my opinion.

I could see arguments for the nerfs in place if scope glint were removed, however as that's not the case, there needs to be some other benefit given to the class' primary weapons, which obviously isn't in place.