Anti Cheat?

Comments

• 0ld_yell0w
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Punkbuster is not capable of catching anything less its already figured out and entered into its database unless they evolved it its basically the same engine running as 10 years ago, and lets be honest that just doesnt cut it today. Fairfight ... well Ive seen a lot of cheaters playing without triggering it, how ? no idea but it is happening on a daily basis. I believe that is why the playerbased anticheat & admintools - teams started, not to compete with the official anticheat teams but as an addon AND a tool from admin to admin. Those service also has other options than just catching cheaters, which PB and FF doesn't (and shouldn't). Making the AC software more evasive is pretty problematic hence the laws of the different countries is very concerned towards privacy (at least in europe) so going "all out" seizing control of your box while playing might in some places be highly illegal. I do as poster initially wrote agree towards dumping PB and "beef up" :smiley: FF - or ? a totally new approach ? lets just hope theres a genious somewhere at EA who figured out to keep the cheaters at bay - remember we wont ever get a cheat-free game, but we can make is so hard for them to play that most of them drops it.

regards

0ld_yell0w
  • bkeatonb
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    fairfight settings are not good atm. many cheaters with low acc and monstruous KPM fly under the radar
  • Steven00120
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well, the best anticheat there is are reasonable admins who play good themselves and have experience. You get a feeling whats possible or what could be actual use of cheats.

But exacly there is another problem. EA does not provide enugh if any servers and relys on the community. Also since most server providers offer billing services like paysafecards the most server owners tend to be, lets say of younger age.

At least for ranked servers you sould have to link your EA account with your server instance so when it gets reported the server & account will be banned from hosting ranked games.

Also there should be a possibility to report abuse of admin privileges directly.
  • Kranden
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The largest issue in battlefield 4 currently is gametime accounts, a hacker can cheat get banned even have his IP banned on a server, and he will just create a new free gametime account using a VPN to avoid the IP ban.

Gametime = hackers cannot be banned
  • TiIIValhalla
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    After Punkbuster once banned me for nothing back in 2014 I really would love to see something else than Punkbuster as cheat detector this time around

247fairplay shows a different story.
    U MAD

247Fairplay is horrible. I'm banned from a large chunk of servers for no reason...
  • Hessuniemii
    970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    After Punkbuster once banned me for nothing back in 2014 I really would love to see something else than Punkbuster as cheat detector this time around

U MAD

247Fairplay is horrible. I'm banned from a large chunk of servers for no reason...
    Probably cause you got a punkbuster global ban...
    --
    @Sk1lld never elaborated :(
    --
    Side note: 247fairplay is so good
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Kranden wrote: »
    The largest issue in battlefield 4 currently is gametime accounts, a hacker can cheat get banned even have his IP banned on a server, and he will just create a new free gametime account using a VPN to avoid the IP ban.

Gametime users can only play on official servers. Play on ranked servers or servers with dlc in the rotation if you for some weird reason still want to play on official.
  • Kranden
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MacroGyver wrote: »

Gametime users can only play on official servers. Play on ranked servers or servers with dlc in the rotation if you for some weird reason still want to play on official.

My friends and I run the TRI 32 man rush server and its official, one of the nice things about official servers is you know there wont be a **** autobalance making it so your squad cant play together, that or a server kicking for KD or any other reason.
  • SpoolaZ
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BE ? its NEVER worked(just like Battlelog in that respect, lol :) and terrific even compared to PB.
    there would need for such improvements, but BE isn't option/solution. and nothing Decent on market from 3rd-parties products, so perhaps DICE need to develop something "in house" for, thus.

Battleye seems to work so well ,that sites taken down the sale of cheats for games that have BE.
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    MacroGyver wrote: »

My friends and I run the TRI 32 man rush server and its official, one of the nice things about official servers is you know there wont be a **** autobalance making it so your squad cant play together, that or a server kicking for KD or any other reason.
    You can always find servers that keep squads togheter when it autobalance. If you join a server that autobalance in the middle of a game, download betterbattlelog and blacklist server so you know which servers to keep away from.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

U MAD

Your name seems kind if Ironic now.
  • Ranger302
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Battle Recorder would make busting cheaters fun and easy. We want Battle Recorder!
  • silencer-DT-
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »
    DICE should use Fairfight. It's hard for even intelligent cheaters to fool detection methods grounded in probability and statistics.
    -
    If I were a cheater (and I'm not), I wouldn't be afraid of any server admin (as I think I could pull it off with them none the wiser). Not so much with Fairfight, which can detect patterns in gamer's gameplay that are almost impossible to mask.

I've seen some go past several admins, until I spectate them. I've been catching them since Counter-Strike and Team Fortress Classic..even the most concealed ones. Admins should actively use the spectate option, not enough do.

Back on topic, you should probably expect the same anti-cheat platforms as BF4...fairfight + punkbuster. They do a decent to average job, but again..active admins are the best deterrent.

A fellow TFC player. Huzzah.
  • SpoolaZ
    Ranger302 wrote: »
    Battle Recorder would make busting cheaters fun and easy. We want Battle Recorder!

Nothing wrong with a battle recorder, but it should not be supposed to manually check and report cheaters in 2016 ,it only takes a hell lot of time you would have been spent to play with, which is the purpose of gaming.

• Nando_AoT
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    For today, Battleye is definitely the best AC solution, they are doing a great job with R6 and they did the same thing for ARMA 3 and mods.
  • SpoolaZ
    edited August 2016
    So good that they stopped the sale of cheats for those games.
    Victory for those who believe in honest gaming ,just hope it lasts.
  • Skeater44
    162 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well no pre-order here, until we find out more about this. BF1 was a disaster in the beginning . Then we were told that we cannot talk about the cheats and cheaters in the forums. 1st rule of stopping Battlefield cheats is you do not talk about battlefield 1 cheats. :D I switched to X-Bpne and have noticed a difference. but still a little mad about the head in the sand crap from BF1.
  • ROTCrazytrain
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    is this a trick ?.fairfight is the anti cheat for battlefield 1
  • Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what should be banned is the operating system key
  • TheNoobPolice
    1652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nice Necro @Skeater44
This discussion has been closed.