I didn't see any recoil in those gameplay demos

YUKnowWhatItIz
335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Maybe it's just me? Close range I understand, but some engagements were at a good distance

Comments

• superteds
    1210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's just you, there's plenty of footage out there now showing that yes, recoil is a thing.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There is recoil; just people are using m/kb and countering it so from a viewer perspective there little to none.

Wait to you yourself get our hands on the weapons
  • Loqtrall
    12316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I saw plenty of it in some of Westie's videos. I gotta admit, JackFrags controls the hell out of the recoil on the STG. At first glance it does appear to be a laser beam in some of his clips.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11561 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

There is recoil; just people are using m/kb and countering it so from a viewer perspective there little to none.

Wait to you yourself get our hands on the weapons

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/144332/nice-breakdown-of-each-weapon-within-pre-alpha
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Kind of hard to see recoil when they are controlling it because they aren't complete noobs at video games. There is definitely recoil and JackFragz even comments on the fact that guns can be hard to control.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What Crabs said, i've played both console and PC, it's a little easier to control on PC though

And there is a tweet a forum member posted not too long ago.
  • disposalist
    8769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well, this is part of the issue with removing RBD and making recoil predictable. It's not a replacement. You're exchanging the ability to work out a recoil pattern and muscle-memory remove it with the tactics of working around effective weapon ranges.

Add in that completely ignoring recoil and tap-tap-tapping will be hugely effective because of the all-weapon perfect accuracy and I'm not sure you've improved gunplay at all.
  • Tullzter
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would recommend a visit to an ophthalmologist and possibly have your inner ear checked