3rd Party Servers ?

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    No please, I want Official servers instead of private.

So do all the regions that Dice have stopped supporting with servers.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When did having to pay to customize your own games become a thing?

• BURGERKRIEG
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People doing their own thing upsets me.

Especially if they, with a number of their like minded friends, pay for the privilege.

Especially if it doesn’t affect me much and I never have to encounter them because of a wealth of official servers.

So I say no.

Let’s all sign up to a the EA subscription service instead, it’s just like a community and its twice the fun. Not forgetting it provides smooth, convenient, gaming with 25% less fat than other brands.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    People doing their own thing upsets me.

Especially if they, with a number of their like minded friends, pay for the privilege.

Especially if it doesn’t affect me much and I never have to encounter them because of a wealth of official servers.

So I say no.

Let’s all sign up to a the EA subscription service instead, it’s just like a community and its twice the fun. Not forgetting it provides smooth, convenient, gaming with 25% less fat than other brands.

What are you talking about? Do you understand what this thread is talking about?
  • CrashCA
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sarcasm...,..I hope
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Please allow rented admin-able servers, you can use the wishlist from BF1 as a guide.

Please don't ever, EVER, reference BF1 as the proper way to do anything related to rentable servers. I actually threw up a little.
  • Reverend-1313
    Sarcasim I'm sure. I'm sure you know crash if anyone knows what's going on it's crash.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All I ever remember from custom servers is people kicking you out cos you didn't follow their list of rules in the smallprint. Can't do this, can't do that, you're too old, you can't be from there, did you just use a shotgun!? *kicked*. Haha
  • CrashCA
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Please allow rented admin-able servers, you can use the wishlist from BF1 as a guide.

Please don't ever, EVER, reference BF1 as the proper way to do anything related to rentable servers. I actually threw up a little.

Note I cited wishlist (things we never got) as a guide. BF1 RSP is a *removed*

Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • CrashCA
    All I ever remember from custom servers is people kicking you out cos you didn't follow their list of rules in the smallprint. Can't do this, can't do that, you're too old, you can't be from there, did you just use a shotgun!? *kicked*. Haha

Read rules on way into server or just play "Official" ones. Pretty simple.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thats the damn problem. In BF4 you spend more time searching for a damn server rather than playing the actual game. And the mid-game you get kicked "Take me slot for someone who paid for a slot"
  • Reverend-1313

Thats the damn problem. In BF4 you spend more time searching for a damn server rather than playing the actual game. And the mid-game you get kicked "Take me slot for someone who paid for a slot"

Seriously....play on the official servers. It's not rocket science.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Let me guess, every person who cries about "lack of custom servers support" want all dumb, annoying rules and badmins back. While in reality bf1 provides all proper requirements for server admins including kick/ban option and possibility to choose map rotation. And honestly speaking nothing else is needed to have a decent server running. All limitations, rules and stuff are ruining the true game experience. You can also say that bf1 SRP "ruined" the game for communities but if you take a look at server browser you'll find out that every major bf comminity has at least one full server and even some minor ones are also there. So don't throw an argument when you can't back it up.
    I really hope the things stay the way they are in bf. It's better for the game.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Exactly.
  • CrashCA

Seriously....play on the official servers. It's not rocket science.

DO ANY OF YOU READ ????
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Should have both available, if 3rd party servers are more popular than official servers then that's obviously what people want.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The spectator mode needs to be improved along with owner/admin functionality. Trying to figure out if someone is cheating with using the current spec mode is most times unreliable at best.

I don't get why some people are against others having the things that they desire to make the game as good as it can be for them - things that are ingrained in the game's lineage - especially when it'll have minimal affect on their own gaming experience?!

What is so wrong with trying to provide our community and the people who enjoy playing at our server the best possible gaming experience without cheating and toxicity while doing it in a responsible way?!

I have zero problems finding only official EA servers to choose from in the game's server browser if I wish to do so.
  • impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All I can do is lol at some of the comments about badmins, being kicked or paying to play on a server. If a community pays for a server, then they have the right to do as they wish.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All I can do is lol at some of the comments about badmins, being kicked or paying to play on a server. If a community pays for a server, then they have the right to do as they wish.

Punishing others because you've paid for the server is ok.
    But being punished by EA and not provided any tools to punish others is not. REEEEEEEEEEE.

LMAO. You kids are hilarious.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Exactly, we in the community pay for the rented server, we decide how its run with a few limitations like Fairfight always on and a few settings not able to change which on BF3 and BF4 worked fine.

@llPhantom_Limbll ll I know of at least 3 big clans NOT renting BF1 servers for same reason as us, and if DICE fail to see the light - well there wont be any renting from our side on BF5 either and most likely more to follow.
    In the end, its DICE's call, IF they want to ruin the BF game community they are on the right path with BF1 and the lack of servercontrols.

To those who plays on official servers, well be my guest I dont mind at all but why nag about some of us who wants to play and control our own ? If you dont like the smell of a server just stay away :)

I'm not saying I wont buy the game, I will ! I also bought BF1, and take a look at my game time ! I disliked it already from the beta and hoped it would be more fun later but it never caught at me hence the lack of server settings.