EA PLAY 2018 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Still zero info on servers and RSP. Really feels like they are dropping RSP 100% and not giving us back 3rd party server providers.
  • Zviko0
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just wondering why is this thread not closed as well? A bit of shouting in the title and off-topic since this is BFV section and EA Staff are posting gameplay videos from other games.....
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Check out some Vehicle gameplay from Flakfire:

This one is my favourite so far!!

Same.

how do you know the game hasnt even been released yet
  • Pahkiller
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still zero info on servers and RSP. Really feels like they are dropping RSP 100% and not giving us back 3rd party server providers.

Guaranteed it will be like BF1 server rental a total disaster :)
  • Zviko0
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Pahkiller wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Check out some Vehicle gameplay from Flakfire:

This one is my favourite so far!!

Same.

how do you know the game hasnt even been released yet

What does that have to do with me liking that video the most from what I've seen so far?
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice is disappointing completly. I mean no Live Match or Gameplay videos (they need Youtubers for it).

Is that an Indie Developer or someone that sells 12 Million copies per Game?

What did they fear?
  • Noodlesocks
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Dice is disappointing completly. I mean no Live Match or Gameplay videos (they need Youtubers for it).

Is that an Indie Developer or someone that sells 12 Million copies per Game?

What did they fear?

They spent more time showcasing a mobile game of a dead franchise they themselves killed (Command and Conquer) than any of their big name titles.
  • vulpesveritas
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just heard in westie's video that they're removing sweet spots.

So how the heck are scout weapons going to be differentiated, exactly? Meanwhile, SLRs are getting no spread increase per shot, and they're increasing bullet drop to unrealistic levels again for bolt actions but not other weapons.

Guess they're trying to make scouts useless for anyone who's not a hill humper or masochist / challenge seeker, and it won't matter which bolt action you choose?

Doesn't sound like a good setup. It's already the second least used class in BF1 by the numbers, by the sounds of it I think it will be the dead last one in BFV by a mile.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But Snipers are OP!!!
  • LiuzhouMtBrotha
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This graphics... can I turn it all to ultra with 1070?
  • trip1ex
    5066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Pahkiller wrote: »
    Ever since BF1 seems EA/Dice are heading downhill fast. When BF4 launched everyone was excited to get the game and play it.
    Now no one really seems to be that excited anymore, BF1 intro was great, but the game play was bad. Now the new BFV well what can I say, graphics as usual are always great but then what?
    I never heard the Battlefield theme or music at all, which I believe is an essential part of battlefield, the game play looks like BF1 come CoD, come fortnite. I call if Battlefield 1 version 2.

Cyberpunk style makeup, so many different modes of play, flying in the air to reload planes (this is funny) instead of flying over your own airbase. the list goes on but this is my opinion, and experience from Playing BF games since day 1.
    Since BF1942 when I started am now very disappointed in the game and don't think I will purchase servers anymore or maybe even play it anymore, I will see how it pans out who knows maybe they may change a few things...
    A very disappointed BF Veteran hardcore player.................

It feels like more a of slower cinematic game now. Something that is more appropriate for single player than multiplayer.

• Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018

So how the heck are scout weapons going to be differentiated, exactly? Meanwhile, SLRs are getting no spread increase per shot, and they're increasing bullet drop to unrealistic levels again for bolt actions but not other weapons.

Guess they're trying to make scouts useless for anyone who's not a hill humper or masochist / challenge seeker, and it won't matter which bolt action you choose?

Doesn't sound like a good setup. It's already the second least used class in BF1 by the numbers, by the sounds of it I think it will be the dead last one in BFV by a mile.

The players who wanna hump hills will have quite strong incentives to use medic slrs for their deadly accuracy, and the self-heal. The gameplay footage in Lana's videos essentially shows the medic g43 (a kind of SLR) basically insta-gibbing people at long range (check it out at 28:15) with high accuracy and high rate of fire. There's gonna be a lot of crying come october
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just loved the loved scope on the medic rifle. There is so much that is getting me hyped.

And then I see the wacky customization.
  • Zviko0
    That was probably it for Battlefield V right? I don't see it being mentioned on Sony press conference.
  • Jinko_itx
    760 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    how about a real anti-cheat system
  • Noodlesocks
    3386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The players who wanna hump hills will have quite strong incentives to use medic slrs for their deadly accuracy, and the self-heal. The gameplay footage in Lana's videos essentially shows the medic g43 (a kind of SLR) basically insta-gibbing people at long range (check it out at 28:15) with high accuracy and high rate of fire. There's gonna be a lot of crying come october

The class balance in general looks really bad. Assault gets the best anti infantry and anti vehicle equipment, Medic gets scoped battle rifles, SMGs and healing.

It's Battlefield 1's bad class balance all over again.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The class balance in general looks really bad. Assault gets the best anti infantry and anti vehicle equipment, Medic gets scoped battle rifles, SMGs and healing.

It's Battlefield 1's bad class balance all over again.

First time I hear that BF1 class balance was bad.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

I bet you a lot of money we aren't ever getting 3rd party servers ever again in a Battlefield game. I think they are dead.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2018
    Chance of 3rd party servers is = to the amount of money EA will get from me. I only wish more had the conviction I had. But sadly people will keep throwing money at EA until we have 2 COD clones with zero choice and zero flexibility.
  • BowtomePhil
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Solid_Kas wrote: »
    I am buying an I7 8700k for this game.

Get at least a 1070 also :)