Article from EA's chief creative explaining to either 'accept women are in the game or don't buy it'

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2018
Personally I couldn't give a toss, as long as they die when my bullets hit them, and they're stabbable i'm not bothered. Seen a huge amount of people kicking off about it though.

https://usgamer.net/articles/ea-on-women-in-battlefield-v-haters-can-either-accept-it-or-dont-buy-the-game

Comments

• MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm going to pick the most 'out there' female set up I can, for amusement purposes, hopefully there will be pink options to really get opponents triggered
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MHbluey wrote: »
    I'm going to pick the most 'out there' female set up I can, for amusement purposes, hopefully there will be pink options to really get opponents triggered

Hahaha bullet magnet though
  • Foot_Elite_Tomei
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Great. Absolutely fantastic. Hope they're as good at defending their vision on new game mechanics and bigger picture it sustains.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    95% of all players on day one will choose female characters because it’s a solid troll.

Come guys.

It’s how gamers work.

There’s a big “discussion” about it.

Who wouldn’t feel the desire to click female on the character select screen knowing the reaction it’s going to get.

Voice chat on console is going to be scorching.

Obviously it’s going to be wall to wall ladies for at least a week.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    Really they should have made a WW2 campaign which was accurate and serious, then made a point of the multiplayer being a separate thing set in the same time period.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Nope.
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    Seeing how gender is customizable, I highly doubt we will see that many female characters in multiplayer.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Seeing how gender is customizable, I highly doubt we will see that many female characters in multiplayer.

Look at gameplay videos from different BF youtubers and others... You will see, how bad the situation is actually going to be.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    I think the youtubers were forced to be who they are. The Angry Joe video, he is running about for 10 minutes sayin it feels weird hearing womens voices on the battlefield, then he realises he is one hahaha.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why don’t they just say,

“Look guys, it’s all about micro transactions.”

“We can’t sleep at night unless we have some sort of system that continually generates revenue after the initial sale of the game.”

“We know you guys won’t go for loot boxes or pay 2 win now, so here are cosmetics. We are casting a wide net so we can maximise potential sales. As a result it’s very socially diverse.”

“I mean I even wanted to put babies in there too, but apparently that’s some sort of crime.”
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Obviously it’s going to be wall to wall ladies for at least a week.

What a cool guy LMAO B)
  • DingoKillr
    3473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really they should have made a WW2 campaign which was accurate and serious, then made a point of the multiplayer being a separate thing set in the same time period.
    You are talking past tense without even seeing a complete SP mission. MP is exactly what you said it is set in that time period a Tiger Tank in Norway 1940 not when production start in 42.

I believe DICE is doing that like they did in BF1.
  • StarscreamUK
    7254 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You realize of course that his daughter is not the sole reason. If you think that she is, then honestly you shouldn't be using the Internet as you are not safe.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why don’t they just say,

“Look guys, it’s all about micro transactions.”

“We can’t sleep at night unless we have some sort of system that continually generates revenue after the initial sale of the game.”

“We know you guys won’t go for loot boxes or pay 2 win now, so here are cosmetics. We are casting a wide net so we can maximise potential sales. As a result it’s very socially diverse.”

“I mean I even wanted to put babies in there too, but apparently that’s some sort of crime.”

Because big corparations don't want to look greedy in the eyes of casuals or non-gamers. So it's easier to find a scapegoat to blame all potantial controversy on it. And those "haters" are perfect for this purpose. EA has to look harmless while trying to get as much money as possible. Simple.
This discussion has been closed.