Article from EA's chief creative explaining to either 'accept women are in the game or don't buy it'

Comments

• Head3masher
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 12
    Great video as always from Actman

*removed due to language*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • disposalist
    6913 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    INB4 feminists cry about "Bad treatment of woman in a Battlefield games" as they did in other games. I can already see players dragging dead women bodies and throwing them off the cliff or into the water and then SJWs will see those videos and be like "REMOVE WOMEN FROM BF5"

But the fact that its forced diversity is here and we cannot do anything about it. Welcome to 2018.

Please tell me how is it forced when you have a choice to make all your classes be male soldiers? BF1 has more forced stuff than this one.
    Wow my post just got deleted, holy, someone doesn't like to hear truth/

Anyway, watch this video, sums up my opinion.
    ...Actman YT vid...
    Starts ok then jumps onto the rantwagon.

Ironic he bemoans the "tin foil hat conspiracy that men want to keep women out of video games" then goes on a tin foil hat rant about "forced diversity", "under the radar agendas", "politics" and "social issues".

"People are associating Battlefield 5 with women's rights and equality and equal representation" he moans. Lol. It wouldn't even *be* an issue if people like him weren't making videos insisting it *is* an issue and is somehow about women's right, etc. The irony.

The reason this is such a 'thing' is that some people, like this video author, see the woman in the trailer and think "steampunk claw woman". They see a female with a prosthetic in combat and see it as ridiculous or impossible.

Others, like me, see her and think "Wow. Weird. Cool. Interesting. What's the story there?", especially after the interesting and surprising things we were shown in BF1 and especially since DICE had said they were going to show us the lesser known stories of WW2 with BF5.

When I first say that trailer I thought "Cool. Now I know what they meant by a WW2 we've never seen before".

Some seem to have very preset ideas of what WW2 'should look like' and what a 'proper' WW2 game 'should be like'.

Others, like me, are happy that DICE isn't going to go that tired old way and are going to treat us to some stuff from WW2 we didn't know about.
  • PopsicleStealer
    1200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    INB4 feminists cry about "Bad treatment of woman in a Battlefield games" as they did in other games. I can already see players dragging dead women bodies and throwing them off the cliff or into the water and then SJWs will see those videos and be like "REMOVE WOMEN FROM BF5"

But the fact that its forced diversity is here and we cannot do anything about it. Welcome to 2018.

Please tell me how is it forced when you have a choice to make all your classes be male soldiers? BF1 has more forced stuff than this one.
    Wow my post just got deleted, holy, someone doesn't like to hear truth/

Anyway, watch this video, sums up my opinion.
    ...Actman YT vid...
    Starts ok then jumps onto the rantwagon.

Ironic he bemoans the "tin foil hat conspiracy that men want to keep women out of video games" then goes on a tin foil hat rant about "forced diversity", "under the radar agendas", "politics" and "social issues".

"People are associating Battlefield 5 with women's rights and equality and equal representation" he moans. Lol. It wouldn't even *be* an issue if people like him weren't making videos insisting it *is* an issue and is somehow about women's right, etc. The irony.

The reason this is such a 'thing' is that some people, like this video author, see the woman in the trailer and think "steampunk claw woman". They see a female with a prosthetic in combat and see it as ridiculous or impossible.

Others, like me, see her and think "Wow. Weird. Cool. Interesting. What's the story there?", especially after the interesting and surprising things we were shown in BF1 and especially since DICE had said they were going to show us the lesser known stories of WW2 with BF5.

When I first say that trailer I thought "Cool. Now I know what they meant by a WW2 we've never seen before".

Some seem to have very preset ideas of what WW2 'should look like' and what a 'proper' WW2 game 'should be like'.

Others, like me, are happy that DICE isn't going to go that tired old way and are going to treat us to some stuff from WW2 we didn't know about.

The point you missed is that its ok to have women in video games that:

1 Are not advertised as the most authentic and immersive WW2 FPS in the entire universe

2 Games with appropriate place for women.

What was shown in BF5 reveal was not appropriate for the place and time. If they would've shown us a Red Army woman with a sniper rifle quick scoping Germans left and right or French resistance woman going Assassin's Creed mode gutting Germans with her daggers, then people would have no issues with that because it has a real backround, it happened in real life.

What we're seeing in the reveal look wrong, out of place and stupid.

Even you said "some stuff from WW2 we didn't know about.". Well guess what, you didn't know about it because it never happened, you cannot find any evidence to even remotely justify the nonsense that we saw in the reveal. I had the same feeling when they announced woman in Tsar DLC, I was excited because I didn't know about Battalion of Death, so I was thrilled to learn about it because I like learning new things about the past.

Here I can only shrug when looking at that chick with prosthetic arm because I don't understand why is she there, why doesn't she has any real backround.
  • WW2GamerLord
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Another thread that turns into a salt mine.

It's just a game. Get over it.

Mein kampf is just a book. Its author is just a human. Can you get over it?
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 12
    I think it's mad if you look as far back as BF4. Fictional war, could have had as many women in there as there wanted, but they chose zero. Same with Hardline, fictional. Now there's two war games, one of which some of our Grandads actually fought in (one of mine actually took 2 bullets) and they need women in it. As I said in my OP. I'll buy the game regardless, it doesn't bother me that much but the more different opinions I read and videos I watch, I can see why people are angry, and I think it's justified.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2568 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GGAMA92 wrote: »

Comparing a videogame to Mein Kampf? :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've read plenty of stupid things on these forums but, oh man, that one is up there among the best.
  • MissCommissar
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I've read plenty of stupid things on these forums but, oh man, that one is up there among the best.

The point, that guy is trying to tell you is that there are things, that you do care about and there are things, that you don't. If it's just a game for you and you don't care - move along.
  • WW2GamerLord
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Its the same principle. I've seen alot of humans that are trying to be smart but the reality and nature just hits them very hard on the back of their head.

Watch your head pall.

• Dogwoggle11
    edited June 12

The point, that guy is trying to tell you is that there are things, that you do care about and there are things, that you don't. If it's just a game for you and you don't care - move along.

It's not a game just for me. It's a game. Period. Same for everyone. If you care like if it was your History lessons in college, I think it's more of a 'you' problem - not mine.

I care just enough to let actual developers do their job, instead of acting like I'm some expert on the matter and as if I know what's better for the game and the community, like you do.
  • PopsicleStealer
    1200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Mein Kampf is actually a good book.
  • Dogwoggle11

Its the same principle. I've seen alot of humans that are trying to be smart but the reality and nature just hits them very hard on the back of their head.

Watch your head pall.

Alright, explain how is it the same principle. I'll be waiting.

And trust me, if "reality and nature" have to hit me in the head, I'm pretty sure it won't be over a discussion about a videogame. Some of us have real lives and all that.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why is this dude letting his 13 year old daughter play violent online shooting games?
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why is this dude letting his 13 year old daughter play violent online shooting games?

Inclusion...
  • ladderley
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I know right?
  • PopsicleStealer

He is one of those weirdo parents who allow their children to play games that are rater 18+ and then cry on TV about games making kids violent.
  • Dogwoggle11

"By age eighteen, the average American has seen 200.000 acts of violence on TV, including 40.000 murders".

Where do we draw the line here?
  • disposalist
    6913 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

And that's about the level of hysteria yeah, comparing DICE to the author of Mein Kampf.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!