Article from EA's chief creative explaining to either 'accept women are in the game or don't buy it'

Comments

• warslag
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    He expected that you would make these glib comments about his family, but he said what he said anyway, because he has guts, and he is prepared to take a hit because it's about time the world changed.

He made a gesture out of love, and you will never subvert that with silly conspiracy theories.

Fall in, or fall out. We march on. With or without you.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GGAMA92 wrote: »
    Another thread that turns into a salt mine.

It's just a game. Get over it.

Mein kampf is just a book. Its author is just a human. Can you get over it?

Wow, did you actually just make that comparison?

giphy.gif

• Jonny_ChaosMCR
    982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Anyway, watch this video, sums up my opinion.

This video is brilliant. I actually favourited it hahah.
  • herodes87
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    warslag wrote: »
    He expected that you would make these glib comments about his family, but he said what he said anyway, because he has guts, and he is prepared to take a hit because it's about time the world changed.

He made a gesture out of love, and you will never subvert that with silly conspiracy theories.

Fall in, or fall out. We march on. With or without you.

Lol
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    The also gave a good life lesson to everyone else...."You can't always get what you want".

Hear, hear.
  • PopsicleStealer
    1305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Glad to see DICE making their stance clear. They did listen to the community and answered to what the majority wanted.

Hmmm, I never seen a single thread asking to add woman as a choice in BF.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You realize of course that his daughter is not the sole reason. If you think that she is, then honestly you shouldn't be using the Internet as you are not safe.

well I don't think people realize Video games and Reality are Two very different things.

In every battlefield game, the most weapons in the games were never used, but yet you can choose to be an American Soldier running around with an AK-12 which hasn't even seen combat amongst Russian soldiers yet.
    Same for the AN-94.
    For even to be a Russian soldier or Chinese soldier running around with a M16-A4 lol
    Come on guys, you should have realized it's not "Realism" this is for fun and you keep us (the fans) interested.
    Girls do play this game BTW I met a really pretty lady that does ;)

• disposalist
    7227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    INB4 feminists cry about "Bad treatment of woman in a Battlefield games" as they did in other games. I can already see players dragging dead women bodies and throwing them off the cliff or into the water and then SJWs will see those videos and be like "REMOVE WOMEN FROM BF5"

But the fact that its forced diversity is here and we cannot do anything about it. Welcome to 2018.

Please tell me how is it forced when you have a choice to make all your classes be male soldiers? BF1 has more forced stuff than this one.
    Wow my post just got deleted, holy, someone doesn't like to hear truth/

Anyway, watch this video, sums up my opinion.
    ...Actman YT vid...
    Starts ok then jumps onto the rantwagon.

Ironic he bemoans the "tin foil hat conspiracy that men want to keep women out of video games" then goes on a tin foil hat rant about "forced diversity", "under the radar agendas", "politics" and "social issues".

"People are associating Battlefield 5 with women's rights and equality and equal representation" he moans. Lol. It wouldn't even *be* an issue if people like him weren't making videos insisting it *is* an issue and is somehow about women's right, etc. The irony.

The reason this is such a 'thing' is that some people, like this video author, see the woman in the trailer and think "steampunk claw woman". They see a female with a prosthetic in combat and see it as ridiculous or impossible.

Others, like me, see her and think "Wow. Weird. Cool. Interesting. What's the story there?", especially after the interesting and surprising things we were shown in BF1 and especially since DICE had said they were going to show us the lesser known stories of WW2 with BF5.

When I first say that trailer I thought "Cool. Now I know what they meant by a WW2 we've never seen before".

Some seem to have very preset ideas of what WW2 'should look like' and what a 'proper' WW2 game 'should be like'.

Others, like me, are happy that DICE isn't going to go that tired old way and are going to treat us to some stuff from WW2 we didn't know about.
    The point you missed is that its ok to have women in video games that:

1 Are not advertised as the most authentic and immersive WW2 FPS in the entire universe

2 Games with appropriate place for women.

What was shown in BF5 reveal was not appropriate for the place and time. If they would've shown us a Red Army woman with a sniper rifle quick scoping Germans left and right or French resistance woman going Assassin's Creed mode gutting Germans with her daggers, then people would have no issues with that because it has a real backround, it happened in real life.

What we're seeing in the reveal look wrong, out of place and stupid.

Even you said "some stuff from WW2 we didn't know about.". Well guess what, you didn't know about it because it never happened, you cannot find any evidence to even remotely justify the nonsense that we saw in the reveal. I had the same feeling when they announced woman in Tsar DLC, I was excited because I didn't know about Battalion of Death, so I was thrilled to learn about it because I like learning new things about the past.

Here I can only shrug when looking at that chick with prosthetic arm because I don't understand why is she there, why doesn't she has any real backround.
    Lol. It's not ok for DICE to "force diversity" but it's ok for you to decide when it's "ok to have women in video games"?

"advertised as the most authentic and immersive WW2 FPS in the entire universe"

What some people find authentic and immersive another clearly does not. Everything in that trailer had factual inspiration. You can't feel immersed when there's a woman there? Your issue.

"Games with appropriate place for women". Lol. Like what, a washing up simulator?

None of the characters in that trailer were real with any obvious background, yet you pick on the woman with the prosthetic as being a problem.

I'm not arguing this again and again. It's pointless. Some are clearly intent on seeing problems, taking offense and being dramatic.

DICE's stance is clear and understandable.
  • AgentNewb
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    For all of you who understand that i compared BF5 with Mein Kampf i have only mercy. If that's what you understood then ok, we can't have a conversation due to your level of understanding. Bye
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All of my games I play as a man. Will be playing as a women in this just to russle jimmies. Gonna be hilarious clearing out a squad a nerd campers pretending to play American Sniper
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Calling other people Haters isn't a good thing to do. It's a sign of shoving Politics into a video game. People play video games to get away from Politics. Most Video games that force Agendas don't sell well.

People are just dumb. It's a video game, everything isn't gonna be 100% realistic. LMAO at wanting historical accuracy. Battlefield is a game, a casual game.

Go ask Arma devs for a historical accurate game.
  • warslag
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Women brought you into this world and raised and nurtured you and you won't even let them play video games.

Some of the people here are from way out on the fringe. I don't acknowledge that stuff.

I try to live up to those who gave so much for our freedom. It's impossible. But I'm not taking away anyone's freedom to play video games or their right to be fairly represented in video games with their own image.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Calling other people Haters isn't a good thing to do. It's a sign of shoving Politics into a video game. People play video games to get away from Politics. Most Video games that force Agendas don't sell well.

People are just dumb. It's a video game, everything isn't gonna be 100% realistic. LMAO at wanting historical accuracy. Battlefield is a game, a casual game.

Who wants it to be 100% realistic, though? Who are you arguing with?
  • PopsicleStealer
    1305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Himself apparently.
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    edited June 12

Not arguing against you, I'm arguing with you.

Battlefield 5 will be 10 times better. Do we really wanna continue playing with people who complain about women being in the game? I have a feeling most complaints are from edgy teens or basement dwellers.

The less numb skills the better

Edit: think I quoted the wrong person. But you get my point
  • warslag
    Even if BFV doesn't sell a single copy the V will stand for Victory because it's got women in it.

This is a massive step into modern consciousness for DICE and Sweden. Because, although Sweden didn't have the moral fortitude to stand up to the forces of evil in any war for 200 years, it has at last bravely allowed women to be represented in Battlefield.

Maybe if there is ever another massive fascist invasion of Europe they might actually fight instead of waiting 70 years to make a video game about it. And then have massive drama about adding girls.
  • disposalist
    7227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GGAMA92 wrote: »
    For all of you who understand that i compared BF5 with Mein Kampf i have only mercy. If that's what you understood then ok, we can't have a conversation due to your level of understanding. Bye
    Dogwoggle pointed out the thread had turned into another salt mine (like all the others talking about the "DICE forcing diversity" hysteria).

He said "it's just a game. Get over it". You said "Mein Kampf is just a book. Its author is just a human. Can you get over it?".

You aped his phrase almost exactly and replaced reference to the game with reference to Mein Kampf.

What exactly were people supposed to understand from that if not a direct comparison of the game to Mein Kampf?

Re-reading it I see that you might not have quite meant that. It's really not clear. Can I suggest you maybe explain rather than calling people idiots (especially in private messages)?
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF6 will just be a thread. Opinion wars hahah.
  • NLBartmaN
    1768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I never have seen such a poor response from someone representing a company .. I have no clue how he got that position within the company...
This discussion has been closed.