Article from EA's chief creative explaining to either 'accept women are in the game or don't buy it'

13468913

Comments

  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Except that isn't how you sell games. Telling customers you don't care if they buy the game or not is not the way to make friends.

    Whatever, the game itself sounds good apart from this decision. Just means I won't be reviving certain people and will be prioritising certain targets.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just means I won't be reviving certain people and will be prioritising certain targets.

    Pretty much my plan.

  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Just means I won't be reviving certain people and will be prioritising certain targets.

    Pretty much my plan.


    jorlol.gif

    As if I need your help. If anything you cornballs will need help
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I hope my comments haven't offended women in any way. I really believe in equality and I just want to do my bit. To do the right thing but with humour, too. I am so stupid to assume I have a clue about what it must be like to not be properly represented in this day and age.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Just means I won't be reviving certain people and will be prioritising certain targets.

    Pretty much my plan.


    jorlol.gif

    As if I need your help. If anything you cornballs will need help

    Grow high enough before threatening me like that.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.
  • NLBartmaN
    3039 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    And because my daughter felt bad and I didn't want to tell her the truth so I compared BF5 to Fortnite ..
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?
  • NLBartmaN
    3039 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    Yes, insulting people and calling them all kind of things and telling everyone the game does have an agenda is .. a reason to not buy.

    Especially when you say there is a way to make more money, but you don't do that, because your daughter was hurt .. and you compared BF5 to Fortnite ..
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    Yes, insulting people and calling them all kind of things and telling everyone the game does have an agenda is .. a reason to not buy.

    Especially when you say there is a way to make more money, but you don't do that, because your daughter was hurt .. and you compared BF5 to Fortnite ..

    Tell people if they don't like it don't buy it is not insulting. It's being up front that they are not bending on this.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.

    You missed the point. If a person doesn't like the game they are not going to buy it regardless if the CEO says not to buy it.

    It just makes them more angry because they realize they don't have control on what DICE makes.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    Yes, insulting people and calling them all kind of things and telling everyone the game does have an agenda is .. a reason to not buy.

    Especially when you say there is a way to make more money, but you don't do that, because your daughter was hurt .. and you compared BF5 to Fortnite ..

    Tell people if they don't like it don't buy it is not insulting. It's being up front that they are not bending on this.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.

    You missed the point. If a person doesn't like the game they are not going to buy it regardless if the CEO says not to buy it.

    It just makes them more angry because they realize they don't have control on what DICE makes.

    Not true, if they would've come out and said "Hey, yeah we see there is a problem here, we will gather info and make changes to toggle female character on/off." Then a lot of people might've changed their opinion and gave them a chance. But their current statement got those people turned away completely.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    Yes, insulting people and calling them all kind of things and telling everyone the game does have an agenda is .. a reason to not buy.

    Especially when you say there is a way to make more money, but you don't do that, because your daughter was hurt .. and you compared BF5 to Fortnite ..

    Tell people if they don't like it don't buy it is not insulting. It's being up front that they are not bending on this.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.

    You missed the point. If a person doesn't like the game they are not going to buy it regardless if the CEO says not to buy it.

    It just makes them more angry because they realize they don't have control on what DICE makes.

    Not true, if they would've come out and said "Hey, yeah we see there is a problem here, we will gather info and make changes to toggle female character on/off." Then a lot of people might've changed their opinion and gave them a chance. But their current statement got those people turned away completely.

    But they don't see there is a problem, and that was very clear in their statement.

    So like I said...not the fact they said it that is making people mad....more of the fact that it clearly solidifies that this is not changing.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another thread that turns into a salt mine.

    It's just a game. Get over it.

    That's not gonna happen anytime soon, at least until launch comes.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    Exactly. Bad PR on their upcoming triple A title
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    Yes, insulting people and calling them all kind of things and telling everyone the game does have an agenda is .. a reason to not buy.

    Especially when you say there is a way to make more money, but you don't do that, because your daughter was hurt .. and you compared BF5 to Fortnite ..

    Tell people if they don't like it don't buy it is not insulting. It's being up front that they are not bending on this.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.

    You missed the point. If a person doesn't like the game they are not going to buy it regardless if the CEO says not to buy it.

    It just makes them more angry because they realize they don't have control on what DICE makes.

    Not true, if they would've come out and said "Hey, yeah we see there is a problem here, we will gather info and make changes to toggle female character on/off." Then a lot of people might've changed their opinion and gave them a chance. But their current statement got those people turned away completely.

    But they don't see there is a problem, and that was very clear in their statement.

    So like I said...not the fact they said it that is making people mad....more of the fact that it clearly solidifies that this is not changing.

    Yeah, they clearly haven't seen a problem in SWBF2 when whole community flipped out. They were like - Hurdurdur everything is ok, exactly as it should be, there is no issues and they're not going to change anything....until they realized their sales were low AF and they had to do something. So they removed P2W and re-built entire progression system. So the community was victorious.

    So tell me, what will stop people from achieving the same goal in BF5?
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    Yes, insulting people and calling them all kind of things and telling everyone the game does have an agenda is .. a reason to not buy.

    Especially when you say there is a way to make more money, but you don't do that, because your daughter was hurt .. and you compared BF5 to Fortnite ..

    Tell people if they don't like it don't buy it is not insulting. It's being up front that they are not bending on this.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    EA has stockholders to answer to, saying accept the game or don't buy it is a strange thing to say to the gaming public. There will be tons of games this fall from BF V to Red Dead Redemption 2....If they want BF V to be a fail, it's on them and they can answer to their stockholders over it. Bad PR EA

    Is it? Or is it them being honest and transparent that they are not flexible on this topic?

    EA Investor - How did you manage to loose few hundred million dollars.
    Patrick Soderlund - We told our customers not to buy our product.

    All they said is if you don't like it don't buy it.....I mean do you really think a person that diesnt like the game was going to buy it and now won't cause of what he said?

    Really?

    First of all, in our case its not just 1 person, its a big junk our entire BF community that is unhappy with the changes.

    Secondly, judging by the first point and the fact that we're the ones who pay EA to make battlefield, it puts all the power in our hands. If a large portion of the community doesn't like the product, there must be something done or else it will result in few missing 0s in the profit list.

    You missed the point. If a person doesn't like the game they are not going to buy it regardless if the CEO says not to buy it.

    It just makes them more angry because they realize they don't have control on what DICE makes.

    Not true, if they would've come out and said "Hey, yeah we see there is a problem here, we will gather info and make changes to toggle female character on/off." Then a lot of people might've changed their opinion and gave them a chance. But their current statement got those people turned away completely.

    But they don't see there is a problem, and that was very clear in their statement.

    So like I said...not the fact they said it that is making people mad....more of the fact that it clearly solidifies that this is not changing.

    Yeah, they clearly haven't seen a problem in SWBF2 when whole community flipped out. They were like - Hurdurdur everything is ok, exactly as it should be, there is no issues and they're not going to change anything....until they realized their sales were low AF and they had to do something. So they removed P2W and re-built entire progression system. So the community was victorious.

    So tell me, what will stop people from achieving the same goal in BF5?

    Lol, there is still some people here that don't consider SWBF2 pre-launch as p2w. You are preaching to the wrong choir.
    I mean defending multi-billion corporations is much more cool and noble than trying to understand or sympathise with fellow gamers. You might even get a special dog tag for your services and be considered as their friend...
  • gpkgpk
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Glad to see someone standing up for what's right, it is a nice surprise in today's climate, especially coming from EA.

    Sad thing is thing is, I bet nearly all the complainers who freaked out at the mere whiff of female characters simply because they were female will still buy the game.
    I think the BF gaming community would been better without them.
This discussion has been closed.