Faction specific weapons

Kozer213
102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Are faction specific weapons making a return in this game? At least in a limited sense. I enjoyed the BF3 part of having to reach max rank in a class to unlock the starting weapon of the class for the other side.
Having a bunch of allies running around with an STG or germans with the Garand seems weird.

Comments

• Zviko0
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Doesn't look like it which is a shame. Only vehicles are locked..
  • Dr_Demento32
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i dont think it will be faction specific weapons. If you have to unlock items for each gun then it would make sense to have it for all factions.
  • Kozer213
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well that is just disappointing.
  • Kozer213
    Kozer213 wrote: »
    Are faction specific weapons making a return in this game? At least in a limited sense. I enjoyed the BF3 part of having to reach max rank in a class to unlock the starting weapon of the class for the other side.
    Having a bunch of allies running around with an STG or germans with the Garand seems weird.

Some EA exec's 13 year old daughter wants to know why she cannot use any gun she wants like she can in fortnite.

Ah. That makes sense.
    I don't get why they would go to the trouble of revamping the revive and supply systems like they have, to make them see more real, and then let anyone who wants to run around with weapons from the other side.

Like...I loved that from BF3.
  • Noodlesocks
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From what we've seen from youtubers, factions will have their own weapons. Don't yet know if they will allow players to use other faction weapons though.
  • RRedux
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    On one hand, faction weapons is a nice variation, but on the other, invites endless complaints about some factions having better weapons than others.
  • TickTak77
    4688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    On one hand, faction weapons is a nice variation, but on the other, invites endless complaints about some factions having better weapons than others.

Yep.

I liked the idea of this feature, and then we had faction specific weapons in Hardline, and I immediately detested the feature.

Let me use whatever weapon I want in a shooter.
  • Kozer213
    I am talking more along the lines of the BF3 way. The starting weapon for 1 factions class is the final weapon the other faction gets for the class as an unlock.
    Like in BF3 the American engineers getting the M4 and the russians unlocking that at max rank for their engineer.
  • Gforce81
    3076 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll use any gun I want, at any time I want in my FPS game thankyouverymuch

Don't tell me I can't use my favorite weapon cause it's German/British/American and I'm not on that team this round

I don't care what nationality the team I've been randomly assigned to happens to be, I want access to 100% of the arsenal regardless
  • GrizzGolf
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I hope they wouldn't do that. When I get that OP gun unlocked watch out PC servers
  • von_Campenstein
    4634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It would indeed be cool if weapons were faction locked and you could only get them when playing as another faction picking it up in the field.