TTK in Battlefield V?

DenkenSieGross
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
What a ttk has BFV? It's like the actually ttk in BF1 or like the old system? I think the game should have the older one because the new health regeneration could be a bad combination with ttk 2.0. You would die too easy/fast in my opinion.

Comments

• disposalist
    6669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It seems fast but it's only Pre-Alpha and there are lots of related changes that balance (or don't).
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/143622/what-ttk-you-want-for-battlefield-5-high-medium-or-low
  • trip1ex
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    looks pretty low between the accuracy of weapons, limited health regen and actual ttk.
  • COMPETITIVE_NooB
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    The bullet velocity also seems to be quite high which also contributes to the fast kills.
  • 250ccBicycle
    846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It'll all be changed in a few months time just like every other previous BF. I wish they would just leave things alone once the game ships and focus solely on correcting any bugs, improving 'netcode' and have succesful dlc launches without breaking 3 or 4 other things!
  • BaoeDiHoe
    39 postsMember Member
    is it just me or was the weapons in bf1 like airsoftguns at times? i like what ive seen in the gameplays of bfv.
  • DonSharkito
    631 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 14
    What a ttk has BFV? It's like the actually ttk in BF1 or like the old system? I think the game should have the older one because the new health regeneration could be a bad combination with ttk 2.0. You would die too easy/fast in my opinion.

It's a TTK lower than currently in BF1. So prepare to die faster and more.

It might ofc change by release, but I think it will stay at a similar level to the one we have seen in the videos.

It makes no sense to have a high TTK if everyone's running with limited ammo.

Also EA/Dice hired ex pro(e-sport) players to design the gunplay (and other stuff) mechanics in BFV, and I don't think they will implement a TTK higher than what we have currently in BF1.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

It might ofc change by release, but I think it will stay at a similar level to the one we have seen in the videos.

Also EA/Dice hired ex pro(e-sport) players to design the gunplay (and other stuff) mechanics in BFV, and I don't think they will implement a TTK higher than what we have currently in BF1.

Hiring so-called "pro" players to design gunplay in a casual fps sounds as ridiculous as it is.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3022 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Hiring so-called "pro" players to design gunplay in a casual fps sounds as ridiculous as it is.

Sounds like the skill gap will increase and lonwolfing casuals will be melted.
  • JayPeee71
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Looks the same to me
  • ProLegion_exor
    3022 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JayPeee71 wrote: »

Looks the same to me

People like @GamerHugo will be creating threads all day long..
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Not really sure if laser accurate guns with ability to kill in 2-3 shots have something to do with skill...
  • Tullzter
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is what Ravic had to say about TTK

" Time to kill seems to be lower than the previous game although this could be caused by multiple things. While the weapons are likely balanced when players at 100% hp you are often below that because of changes to regen and things like barbed wire, fall damage etc. chipping away at your health as you move across the map. It could also be the damage being buffered and sent in one frame, not sure though it was difficult to tell as we didn’t exactly have ping I’d expect for what I thought was a lan setup ( 17 ms, maybe they changed it to round trip ). Oh an apparently the headshot multiplier is higher in BFV. Gamescom will be interesting to see as it sounds like the TTK or damage of most weapons was already changed according the the developers."
  • ProLegion_exor

Not really sure if laser accurate guns with ability to kill in 2-3 shots have something to do with skill...

Skill gap and skill are not the same thing.
  • llPhantom_Limbll

The funny thing is that Dice tries to attract as many casual players as possible with big customization options and possible inclusion of BR mode while the same time making the game less casual. And these ideas contradict each other perfectly. I'm still not sure how to feel about that.
  • DonSharkito

At least we'll see much less BS than in BF1. And there is nothing wrong trying to make a game more skill based. If it is done well you'll have a more consistent playerbase over time.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    edited June 14

At least we'll see much less BS than in BF1. And there is nothing wrong trying to make a game more skill based. If it is done well you'll have a more consistent playerbase over time.

It's not that simple this time. Please re-read my post above yours.
  • DonSharkito

The funny thing is that Dice tries to attract as many casual players as possible with big customization options and possible inclusion of BR mode while the same time making the game less casual. And these ideas contradict each other perfectly. I'm still not sure how to feel about that.

So what?

I mean look at the market. You can have a very successful FPS that appeals to a very large playerbase while having cosmetic customisation and at the same time having a skill based gunplay. For example RS6.

Also if you have a skill based gunplay in a BR you will simply appeal to almost anyone who is playing PUBG.

So yeah, you can have a relatively "skill based" game while appealing in majority to a casual audience like these examples above.
  • azelenkin0306
    300 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 14

Can you explain more about skilled gunplay? What does it mean? What is theory behind that?
    Why do you need to hire some PRO player to just remove Sweet Spot, reduce hipfire accuracy, introduce penalties for running and gunning, introduce sway and breathe mechanics?

Really, it sounds like some rocket science :)

• DonSharkito

Can you explain more about skilled gunplay? What does it mean? What is theory behind that?
    Why do you need to hire some PRO player to just remove Sweet Spot, reduce hipfire accuracy, introduce penalties for running and gunning, introduce sway and breathe mechanics?

Really, it sounds like some rocket science :)

Well if it was as simple as you are saying it would have been done since a long time.

The truth is developers don't necessarily understand what makes skill based gunplay mechanics and cannot necessarily implement and balance them very well.

On the other side, having real players who have extensive experience in games that succeeded due to good gunplay mechanics, can tremendously help when designing such games.
  • HitmanPike
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Like lambs to the slaughter :wink: