Being killed FAST by high ping players

12346»

Comments

• fs2097
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Such an ignorant post. Dice put in ping limits a few months after release and there was such a huge backlash from people with bad connections that they were pressured to change it back. You should probably do a little research before posting.
    No it's not. PC games have this, most games if your ping gets over 200ms they will kick you out. Or the players in the server will try to kick you out. I remember playing Americas Army, and this was while back in 2002. They only had servers in the US, never had any problems. Played with a ping of 25ms every time. Whenever someone with a highping joined the game went crazy so they would start a vote kick. Simple as that, if your internet is slow go upgrade. It's 2018 not 1995 dude.

Yeah it gets often near 10-11ms. Usually it's between 13-17ms. I've seen other people playing with 11ms. I have a fast cable internet connection.
  • V_Effect91017
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 11
    Yeah probably about 1 in 1000 people actually playing has a 10ms ping in game, my connection is usually 30ms but in a room of 150+ pings it's about 60-70. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. If you play in your region(Europe for me) I regularly have games with everyone under 60 ping. Usually there's always a few high pingers tho
    Post edited by V_Effect91017 on
  • theONEFORCE
    2402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    fs2097 wrote: »
    Such an ignorant post. Dice put in ping limits a few months after release and there was such a huge backlash from people with bad connections that they were pressured to change it back. You should probably do a little research before posting.
    No it's not. PC games have this, most games if your ping gets over 200ms they will kick you out. Or the players in the server will try to kick you out. I remember playing Americas Army, and this was while back in 2002. They only had servers in the US, never had any problems. Played with a ping of 25ms every time. Whenever someone with a highping joined the game went crazy so they would start a vote kick. Simple as that, if your internet is slow go upgrade. It's 2018 not 1995 dude.

Yeah it gets often near 10-11ms. Usually it's between 13-17ms. I've seen other people playing with 11ms. I have a fast cable internet connection.

Read twice, post once. I understand that ping limits are possible. I said it was an ignorant post because you were ranting at Dice for not doing something that they already did. They added ping limits and all of the bad connection players went absolutely mental to the point where they had to reverse it. Blame them.
  • HuwJarz
    3338 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    [

I remember playing Americas Army, and this was while back in 2002. They only had servers in the US, never had any problems. Played with a ping of 25ms every time. Whenever someone with a highping joined the game went crazy so they would start a vote kick. Simple as that, if your internet is slow go upgrade. It's 2018 not 1995 dude.

Murica No1. Well played mate.
  • fs2097
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Read twice, post once. I understand that ping limits are possible. I said it was an ignorant post because you were ranting at Dice for not doing something that they already did. They added ping limits and all of the bad connection players went absolutely mental to the point where they had to reverse it. Blame them.

You're the one who needs to read properly before you post. PC games have this, people are fine with it in the PC community. If you can't afford decent internet you should get a job.
  • WetFishDB
    1124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

You're the one who needs to read properly before you post. PC games have this, people are fine with it in the PC community. If you can't afford decent internet you should get a job.

Are you genuinely that poor at comprehension?

THIS game HAD ping limits. They took them out because some of the community was in uproar (just too few server locations around the world, regardless of the users internet connection). Some people were of course fine with it. Others weren’t.

Let’s also not forget that sometimes it’s got nothing to do with affluence that people don’t have great internet either. To imply it does just makes you sound a bit of a, well, you can guess.

The point is Dice can and DID implement this. But following feedback turned it off again.

Personally, as someone with a ~30 ping I don’t find it all that bad when I play on local servers (EU). Sure you get the occasional frustrating moment, but thankfully pretty rare and no more/less than any online game really.
  • TamKingski
    1470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dice did indeed implement a stricter ping limit than we have now but reversed it. It was much cheaper to reverse the ping limiter and frustrate the low ping users than to supply local servers to all regions they sold the game in.

Its also worth noting that while dice can limit high pings to a certain extent with server side hit detection etc they will never implement a kick feature that targets certain users over a certain ping threshold as sony/microsoft would not allow users to be stopped from playing a game because of their high ping and sony/microsoft have rules in place to limit/stop devs/pubs from doing so.
    Sony/microsoft dont care if a high pinger is ruining a game or cause a server to bug out all they care about is keeping the customer buying games as game software is sony/microsofts main money maker from consoles.
  • theONEFORCE
    2402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Wow, just wow. You're hopeless.
  • fs2097
    WetFishDB wrote: »

THIS game HAD ping limits. They took them out because some of the community was in uproar (just too few server locations around the world, regardless of the users internet connection). Some people were of course fine with it. Others weren’t.

Let’s also not forget that sometimes it’s got nothing to do with affluence that people don’t have great internet either. To imply it does just makes you sound a bit of a, well, you can guess.

The point is Dice can and DID implement this. But following feedback turned it off again.

Personally, as someone with a ~30 ping I don’t find it all that bad when I play on local servers (EU). Sure you get the occasional frustrating moment, but thankfully pretty rare and no more/less than any online game really.

Dude, cant you understand what I wrote? They shouldn't had removed it. PC games have this, no one in the PC community complains. If you're the guy who's on his neighbors wifi you shouldn't complain PERIOD. What part about most PC games have ping limits don't you understand?
  • VBALL_MVP
    5231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Dude, cant you understand what I wrote? They shouldn't had removed it. PC games have this, no one in the PC community complains. If you're the guy who's on his neighbors wifi you shouldn't complain PERIOD. What part about most PC games have ping limits don't you understand?

I think what you are missing is the part where he said that the issue is there are not enough servers to cover all demographics to ensure everyone can play low ping and in region.

DICE had two choices, add more servers in more regions to give everyone a latency lower than 110ms or raise the threshold so people who are playing "in region" yet super far from the server (i.e. Quebec or Ukraine) they are not being punished.

DICE chose the latter because it was cheaper for them than adding more servers. Reason why PC players had things like ProCon in BF4 was because servers were hosted by third parties and they were in many regions....that came to a halt in BF1 when DICE decided to control all dedicated servers thus not allowing third party companies to host.
  • HuwJarz
    3338 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They shouldn't had removed it. PC games have this, no one in the PC community complains. If you're the guy who's on his neighbors wifi you shouldn't complain PERIOD. What part about most PC games have ping limits don't you understand?

Erm.....I can see you fall into the 'self interested' category. Let me remind you of a previous post:
    I remember playing Americas Army, and this was while back in 2002. They only had servers in the US, never had any problems.

Let me explain again. I think your ears may be clogged. When the ping limits were introduced to BF1, people in places like Greece, Far East, India, South Africa, Brazil etc had a game that was totally unplayable. So DICE fixed it by reverting to maximise the number of players with acceptable performance.

But of course, your experience (because you have with your amazing job, and buy sheer luck were born in the US) was far more important than those with amazing jobs that happen to live on those countries that were miles away from servers. These people paid the same money as you.

Perhaps your experience is more important because as a US citizen you are superior and entitled because of where you are from? That seem to be what you are saying. You are doing 'Murica proud here.

P.S I didn't realise that they had decent internet on trailer parks.