Dice, pls bring back the "pling" sound when making a kill

KarmaKinetic
891 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
It was so rewarding!
We need the sound back :)

Comments

• Tullzter
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It was so rewarding!
    We need the sound back :)

I agree, i loved that sound ! especially the headshot variant
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you listen carefully you'll notice that the sound is still there but way too quiet. I guess it's because of pre-alpha version.
  • KarmaKinetic
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you listen carefully you'll notice that the sound is still there but way too quiet. I guess it's because of pre-alpha version.

yeah it's way to quiet! :)
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes, get rid of this ugly skull and put the sound back.
  • Zviko0
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »
    Yes, get rid of this ugly skull and put the sound back.

I actually like the skull, could be a bit smaller though. It's easier to tell if it was a headshot or not and I like how they stack up with multiple kills.
  • Ameeba37
    1613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Absolutely not.

The sound is annoying. No need for some cash register/slot machine cha-chings.
  • Stormblade31
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd rather not, atleast have the option to turn it off so it's a win-win for everyone. Plus the Headshot sound.
  • disposalist
    6669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

I lot of people did find it annoying and weird. It was a source of controversy back at the beginning of BF1.
  • Ameeba37
    1613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Absolutely not.

I lot of people did find it annoying and weird. It was a source of controversy back at the beginning of BF1.

Yeah I was one of them back then as well. DICE could have just added an option to turn the sound off but nope :/
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I've heard that they're going to have the ability to turn the kill notifications sounds on or off ... I'll need to find the exact source, but I heard DannyonPC saying something about this.
  • Robs4o
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah! That rewarding kill sound is awesome IMO...
    I too was talking about that and those ugly COD skulls in this thread: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/144417/kill-sounds-and-icons
  • Noodlesocks
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It was a satisfying sound in Battlefield 1.
  • Vespervin
    1091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Absolutely not.

Yeah I was one of them back then as well. DICE could have just added an option to turn the sound off but nope :/

We definitely need the option to turn it off. I don’t like the sound at all.
  • trip1ex
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    new game, new sound.
  • Alphazetamu
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Surely this could be a customisation option that doesn't hurt anyone?
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Robs4o wrote: »
    Yeah! That rewarding kill sound is awesome IMO...
    I too was talking about that and those ugly COD skulls in this thread: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/144417/kill-sounds-and-icons

I'm praying those crappy skulls can be turned off
  • disposalist
    6669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    I'm praying those crappy skulls can be turned off
    It'd be lovely for everything in the UX to be customisable, but what are the chances?
  • KarmaKinetic

I agree
  • Phat_Helmet
    2043 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don’t know why they don’t give a choice of a few different sounds.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I’m actually very immature on this I giggle every time I land a headshot and get the satisfaction of a “ping”. Don’t hate me.