Concerns about LMGs.

PopsicleStealer
1200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited June 13
From the Pre-Alpha footage it seems like players aren't able to ADS with MG34 unless they put it on a bipod, yet Bren gun can be shoulder fired. Is this a bug or intentional murder of a support class? If you can't aim with MG34 and MG42, then whats the point of using them? We have enough useless supports who camp with LMGs on a bipod, do you really want to encourage that even more Dice?

Comments

• Zviko0
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd really like to see you holding MG34, aim and shoot it while standing.
  • Gforce81
    3143 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Frankly, I'm okay with this change. If Scout has to keep scope glint, then I see no reason why the larger LMGs should remain unaffected

The smaller LMGs like the Bren or something similar, sure, shoulder fire away. They're more restricted by smaller mag size

But I'm sick of the belt fed/high mag count LMGs being used in exactly the same way, walking around a corner pre-firing MG15/M1917 the whole way, ADS to the shoulder to focus fire at a more distant target with +50 rounds to spare easily

Overheat is a pointless limitation since they never hardly reach that many rounds fired at once

Having to setup the bipod reels them in a little bit. Creates more of a purpose for the smaller, "shallow mag" LMGs at the same time
  • PopsicleStealer
    1200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 13
    Zviko0 wrote: »

I would like you to do that, and for some reason its in BF1 and nobody complains. And you're the one going around saying "Its just a video game" so whats the matter now?

[img][/img]rW9v4fH.jpg
  • Tullzter
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

John Basilone did it with the M1919 which is heavier than the MG34
  • Zviko0

I would like you to do that, and for some reason its in BF1 and nobody complains. And you're the one going around saying "Its just a video game" so whats the matter now?

[img][/img]rW9v4fH.jpg

Isn't that MG15, the gun that was made for shooting like that. MG34 is not, It's heavier and more recoil. Good luck shooting with that standing all day.

I don't know where you got that from but I'm the one who is very very very much against those who are saying it's just a game. Read again, wherever you got that from.
  • PopsicleStealer

[img][/img]rW9v4fH.jpg

Isn't that MG15, the gun that was made for shooting like that. MG34 is not, It's heavier and more recoil. Good luck shooting with that standing all day.

I don't know where you got that from but I'm the one who is very very very much against those who are saying it's just a game. Read again, wherever you got that from.

LOL, clearly someone who got no idea what he is talking about. That picture is from BF1, its Perino LMG, its weight is 27KG without water and without ammunition and without bipod. And in BF1 you can freely run with it, shoulder fire it and spring with it. Yet it was made to be operated by 3 people.

MG34 was employed on the battlefield as an LMG that could be operated by a single person. It weighted only 12KG.
  • Zviko0

[img][/img]rW9v4fH.jpg

LOL, clearly someone who got no idea what he is talking about. That picture is from BF1, its Perino LMG, its weight is 27KG without water and without ammunition and without bipod. And in BF1 you can freely run with it, shoulder fire it and spring with it. Yet it was made to be operated by 3 people.

MG34 was employed on the battlefield as an LMG that could be operated by a single person. It weighted only 12KG.

I know it's from BF1 and I'm sorry but it looks similiar to MG15. Also I admit i don't know much about WW1 weapons. But I do about WW2. And if I was here 2 years ago I'd complain about it so you can't blame me.
    [/quote]

• trip1ex
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Some of you are too concerned about classes as if the rules and relationships don't change from game to game nevermind the classes themselves or that DICE doesn't try to make whatever they put into the game viable overall. Or that the game doesn't undergo lots of playtesting or that there isn't 4 months left of that testing yet. OR that they aren't perfect with the specific numbers and that many things get tweaked as imbalances are found.

Hell they overhauled bf1 guns thoroughly 15 months after launch.

• PopsicleStealer
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Some of you are too concerned about classes as if the rules and relationships don't change from game to game nevermind the classes themselves or that DICE doesn't try to make whatever they put into the game viable overall. Or that the game doesn't undergo lots of playtesting or that there isn't 4 months left of that testing yet. OR that they aren't perfect with the specific numbers and that many things get tweaked as imbalances are found.

Hell they overhauled bf1 guns thoroughly 15 months after launch.

ITs not about balancing the gun, its recoil its damage. Its about removing an option to use the gun the way you want and encouraging camping.
  • disposalist
    6900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    From the Pre-Alpha footage it seems like players aren't able to ADS with MG34 unless they put it on a bipod, yet Bren gun can be shoulder fired. Is this a bug or intentional murder of a support class? If you can't aim with MG34 and MG42, then whats the point of using them? We have enough useless supports who camp with LMGs on a bipod, do you really want to encourage that even more Dice?
    As long as it's balanced in some way it would be interesting for some to not have ADS. Not that realism is a good reason, but also, let's face it, ADSing some of those while standing is a ridiculous concept.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 13
    I absolutely hate what has been done to LMG's Post BF3/BF4. They've removed pivoting on the bi-pod, a small part of forcing players to play the game COD style, now you pivot on your belly/player model center axis, gives a very unrealistic feel. Next they've gone out of there way to encourage players to hold down the fire button by altering the recoil and accuracy mechanics of the weapons. Now just add big distracting hit markers and huge glowing bullets that would not look out of place in a star wars game onto every weapon. Viola, BF1 (and soon V).

Do not ask me if I know what a tracer is. ffs.

I feel like the gun play mechanics have been a steady down hill post BF3. BF4 was still a great game but you could see the beginning of changes that I feel were geared toward making the gunplay mechanics more controller friendly for the emerging console market at that time. DMRs were changed for the worst and didn't feel cool anymore. Weapon sway from suppression was removed I suspect because compensating is incredibly frustrating on a controller. Now when your suppressed, your screen just goes a little blurry and you have no indicator of where your shot will go. The cross hair is centered on your enemies head, but that doesn't mean anything.

I think the increased visual hit feedback stuff is geared towards couch play. Battlefield is becoming a COD simulator in a Battlefield skin. I play quite a bit of BF1 at a friends house but never would I buy that game. I have roughly 2500 hours of battlefield experience across 1942, 3, and 4.
  • PopsicleStealer
    As long as it's balanced in some way it would be interesting for some to not have ADS. Not that realism is a good reason, but also, let's face it, ADSing some of those while standing is a ridiculous concept.

Dude, reviving someone who got rolled over by a 60 ton Tiger tank with a small needle is also ridiculous, but its here.
  • Alphazetamu
    635 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 13
    I think it's an interesting addition, as long as people who like support can choose other guns that do ADS if they want to. I assume the BAR will still be support and should be ADS-able.

On the plus side, LMGs now do above 30 damage per hit even at long range, so that's pretty damn big damage buff from BF1.
  • AGAS-UY
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They should stick an INSANE - almost uncontrolable - recoil on them, only way it would save you is in a really tight spot like stairs a or a very narrow corridor. Only ADS with a bipod would remove this penalty (or at least bring it to managable levels)

I would not even mind if you could not fire that gun unless you used a bipod, but that's just personal preference.
  • disposalist
    6900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Dude, reviving someone who got rolled over by a 60 ton Tiger tank with a small needle is also ridiculous, but its here.
    As I said, "not that realism is a good reason". Still, some things also don't add the the tactics of the situation either. Being able to ADS all LMGs is perhaps missing a trick. As long as the hip-firers have bonus to suppression and power, then why not give extra variation?
  • COMPETITIVE_NooB
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    It's a bug.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    im not too concerned tbh. ive played enough verdun to know how to work with bipoded mg's
  • V2Face
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I absolutely hate what has been done to LMG's Post BF3/BF4. They've removed pivoting on the bi-pod, a small part of forcing players to play the game COD style, now you pivot on your belly/player model center axis, gives a very unrealistic feel. Next they've gone out of there way to encourage players to hold down the fire button by altering the recoil and accuracy mechanics of the weapons. Now just add big distracting hit markers and huge glowing bullets that would not look out of place in a star wars game onto every weapon. Viola, BF1 (and soon V).

Do not ask me if I know what a tracer is. ffs.

I feel like the gun play mechanics have been a steady down hill post BF3. BF4 was still a great game but you could see the beginning of changes that I feel were geared toward making the gunplay mechanics more controller friendly for the emerging console market at that time. DMRs were changed for the worst and didn't feel cool anymore. Weapon sway from suppression was removed I suspect because compensating is incredibly frustrating on a controller. Now when your suppressed, your screen just goes a little blurry and you have no indicator of where your shot will go. The cross hair is centered on your enemies head, but that doesn't mean anything.

I think the increased visual hit feedback stuff is geared towards couch play. Battlefield is becoming a COD simulator in a Battlefield skin. I play quite a bit of BF1 at a friends house but never would I buy that game. I have roughly 2500 hours of battlefield experience across 1942, 3, and 4.

If you would stop whining people would take your post seriously. BF4 is not the pinnacle of the franchise so stop arguing for similar gun mechanics as BF4s tap fire to make every machine gun accurate meta and M16 is the only gun to use in BF3 meta. The franchise has gone in a different direction so to speak. Not every game should feel the same it should change but keep the core of what makes it apart of the franchise. Large scale battles with vehicles.
  • TickTak77
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Could be a bug.

I'm not too concerned. If you go back and watch some footage from BF1's beta, the launch build changed quite a bit once it came out.

And we are still talking about the BFV pre-alpha build
  • DingoKillr
    2657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It is not a bug as belt feed LMG will have this as a balance issue.

Here is the issue NO SPREAD which is tied to stance and recoil is not tied to stance. So the amount of recoil to balance ADS standing would make ADS bipod also unviable.

Just increasing recoil it is a bad idea when Headshot are made easier by having a bigger head hit box,

This will only be 1 of a few things that will need to change.