Dice must get rid of KillCam in BFV

2»

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    1868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It would be a lot better if the killcam showed what the other guy did to kill you instead of where he is after he killed you. There would be less hackusations that way
  • herodes87
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The killcam should show the person at the location he was when he killed you, but it shouldn't track him so you can tell your squad mates how to hunt him down, which is something people do abuse.

Teamwork is so unfair right?
  • snavelaer
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 13
    The current system is so lazy.
    Killed? There he is! Spawn and track him down, get him boy. It has no depth and you can't get better in it.

In BFBC2 right before you got killed you kind of knew where the enemy fire came from. You had to analyse the killcam footage to figure out where he was and where he was heading. It took map knowledge.

I loved it because I got better in it the more I played. Isn't that called progress? Isn't that the reward? That's why I game to get better and challenge myself.
    Or is progress and the reward, unlocking the next custumisation item nowadays?

• HitmanPike
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    alucardgr wrote: »
    Killcam is one of the worst features....is an accepted-cheat that doesnt belong to battlefield

Couldn't agree more. Kill cam definitely needs to be removed. This isn't an arcade shooter, so removing these Arcade features would make sense.
  • snavelaer
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 13
    It is an arcade shooter but that doesn't mean everything needs to be dumbed down.
  • Ameeba37
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HitmanPike wrote: »
    alucardgr wrote: »
    Killcam is one of the worst features....is an accepted-cheat that doesnt belong to battlefield

This isn't an arcade shooter

It is
  • crabman169
    12114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It would be a lot better if the killcam showed what the other guy did to kill you instead of where he is after he killed you. There would be less hackusations that way

I honestly would prefer a kill CAM but you'd sacrifice performance for that. All 64 players on one match of conquest would need to be at all times be recorded. As awesome as that would be the server would take a dump and it wouldn't be a pleasant experiance
  • von_Campenstein
    5614 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    One alternative would be to give a 50/50 chance of there being a killcam, enough to persuade people to move thinking they're on it and a chance to see if something fishy is going on.
  • disposalist
    7227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    The killcam should show the person at the location he was when he killed you, but it shouldn't track him so you can tell your squad mates how to hunt him down, which is something people do abuse.
    Teamwork is so unfair right?
    No but tracking someone through walls from beyond the grave is.

I would like to see a couple of seconds from the *enemy* point of view of the kill, then have killcam with *no* wallhack indicator for where the enemy is (so you can look for medics, etc).
  • trip1ex
    3503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 13
    i like it when it shows how they killed you. i still haven't got used to BF1's killcam because it always shows the enemy seemingly 5 seconds after he kills you which never feels right to me. It always makes me feel like I got killed from an impossible angle.

Also would like it if they let you know whether you were killed by more than 1 player or not.
  • disposalist
    7227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    I honestly would prefer a kill CAM but you'd sacrifice performance for that. All 64 players on one match of conquest would need to be at all times be recorded. As awesome as that would be the server would take a dump and it wouldn't be a pleasant experiance
    Didn't they manage it in CoD:WW2?
  • bierster
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree with removing the kill cam. If you are playing with your squad like intended, then your squad mates should be able to locate the enemy who dropped you fairly quickly using context clues, then revive you.
    You can also use the time while you are screaming to get revived to look around for the enemy who dropped you and relay to squad. No point in then having another chance to see the enemies position with kill cam.

Rely on your situational awareness instead of the kill cam or minimap for help.
  • crabman169
    12114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Didn't they manage it in CoD:WW2?

It's been in cod since cod 4. Titanfall has it. A few others do too

But they are small scale and low player counts compared to battlefield.

• creepNpeep
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    If they merge core and hardcore AND have killcam, I definitely won’t be parting with cash for BFV

Really over a killcam?

It's in btw. Like bf4/1 where the enemy who killed you is highlighted (full body red through objects) but your squadmates are also full body highlighted green too for change.

It seems during downed stage (where you can raise your arm for a revive and look 360° around) squadmates are fully body green highlighted again through cover and I believe friendly medics are blue highlighted too I can't confirm that ATM but it seems to be like that)

Yup,
    Sorry, but killing someone just to have th game show them where I am is ridiculous.
    No one needs it.
    It’s not realistic and it makes people lazy.

If there isn’t at least hardcore in BFV so I can escape from this crap they insist on putting in their games, I’ll be hanging up my rifle to all future BF titles.

Shame, because I’ve been buying and playing BF games for a great many years.
  • Reverend-1313
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    If they merge core and hardcore AND have killcam, I definitely won’t be parting with cash for BFV

Really over a killcam?

It's in btw. Like bf4/1 where the enemy who killed you is highlighted (full body red through objects) but your squadmates are also full body highlighted green too for change.

It seems during downed stage (where you can raise your arm for a revive and look 360° around) squadmates are fully body green highlighted again through cover and I believe friendly medics are blue highlighted too I can't confirm that ATM but it seems to be like that)

Kill Cam is turned off on hardcore servers in bf3/4. That's kinda the point of hardcore...ya know to make it harder. .. Not sure what your talking about.

Not sure about BF1, I boycotted it because of the server situation.