Battlefield 5 In flight resupply Concerns

Comments

• SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey!! I'm busy farming infantry, ain't got no time for no landing strip!
  • disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    olavafar wrote: »
    Depending on how often one would have to resupply, I think that could be too time consuming.

Landing once in a while is fun (I do it on Sinai sometimes to repair or even pick up squad mates) but having to do it 10ths of times in every game quickly makes it quite repetitive and boring. What if your fighter only get to start with ammo to take out one bomber, enemy has two so you shoot down one and then your are almost out of ammo and must land to resupply... The purpose is not to make the flying more realistic I think. It is to get the planes out of the way to give ground troops some breathing space. I have not seen much BFV flying but I can imagine the planes being a bit faster than in BF so the strafes will be coming more often and without the reload it might just be too much. Still, having to land put restrictions on map design and generally creates more problems than it solves.

Perhaps a combination would be nice. Have som maps with a strip (when it fits) where you get more ammo stocked up than in an 'air resupply' making it worthwhile to do the landing and takeoff. It would be kind of cool landing on a carrier in the Pacific when the tides of war comes to that.
    Uh, No. Landing was never time consuming in Battlefield 3 and 4.

How long did it take your plan to cross a map in Battlefield 1? 30 seconds? Yeah that's not long at all.
    30 seconds? And how many times would you need to reload in a 20 minute match? 10 times? And now long to land? 15 seconds?

So throwing around rough figures you might spend one third of the match time 'reloading'.

Funz.

Look that's rough figures, but whatever, as I said before it's about weighing up fun against balance against authenticity and for me and most players, it's not a flightsim and the fun isn't to be had in flying to a base, landing and taking off.

Yeah the floating Mario-Powerup-style thingy was iffy, but if it required a fly-by of a balloon over a fuel/ammo dump I'd be happy.

Yeah, it is not about the crossing map time. This one needs to do with the current BFV suggestion as the supply station is above the spawn. It is the additional land and takeoff that is time consuming as whatever time it would be is ADDITIONAL compared to just turning in air, especially since direction does not matter.

I actually did a test. Going from C flag on Sinai, back to spawn (behind F), land and takeoff takes about 2 minutes and 10 sec (heavy bomber). Almost a third of this time is landing and takeoff. Imagine if one would have to do this for every bombing run. It would actually be faster to just redeploy after having dropped the bombs at C. Also I just landed on the railway which is in the flight path. If you need to turn and fly in an arc to line up the landing, this time difference gets even larger.

And again, spawn killing and map design would be additional problems (you must have played against a spawn kill pilot, yes I'm guilty of doing this, in BF3 so you should now how completely unfunny that experience can be.). The BF 4 solution was not good either as it was very disruptive to dogfighting.
    There are ways around all these issues - making planes indestructible when landed or whatever, but what it comes down to for me is landing and taking off is not fun.

The equivalent for soldiers would be to make them hang around pushing bullets into magazines or wrapping bandages around their arms.
  • Noodlesocks
    2771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    It would look a lot more professional if they added airstrips to maps. They don't have to be full on airfields, they could just be temporary dirt strips and it would look a lot less Free 2 Play than icons floating over arbitrary terrain.

They don't have to require players to land. You've never had to land planes in any Battlefield game to rearm and repair. The floating icons just look cheap and amateurish.
  • IRainer_Wahnsinn
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You've never had to land planes in any Battlefield game to rearm and repair

It depends. In BF42 you had to land in order to repair your plane (as long as the server was not modded) but you were able to rearm by flying low over your airstrip.
  • snavelaer
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are ways around all these issues - making planes indestructible when landed or whatever, but what it comes down to for me is landing and taking off is not fun.

The equivalent for soldiers would be to make them hang around pushing bullets into magazines or wrapping bandages around their arms.
    What you want is instant action. The series is not about that.
    It is about going to the Battlefield and in the mean time come up with a plan (on the fly). That is part of the fun.
    The fun lies in the action moments and they are increased by the calm moments.

If you would like to have instant action for the plane than you should also apply that to all the other vehicles and infantry.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'll never understand this community's obsession with landing strips / runways / aircraft carriers lol.

If I'm having fun in a plane, or I'm on the ground and a good pilot is helping our team in the air, then the last thing I want is for that pilot to have downtime on some edge of the map needing to resupply.

The air resupply is a fair compromise (as is vehicle resupplies in general, to help change the vehicle onslaught meta that certain maps / matches can become), but we have to be mindful that there's certain elements and features actually take away from having fun in a video game.

Taking my plane out of action, and out to some corner of the map for a minute just to resupply, sounds so stupid and so boring.
  • snavelaer
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    I'll never understand this community's obsession with landing strips / runways / aircraft carriers lol.

If I'm having fun in a plane, or I'm on the ground and a good pilot is helping our team in the air, then the last thing I want is for that pilot to have downtime on some edge of the map needing to resupply.

The air resupply is a fair compromise (as is vehicle resupplies in general, to help change the vehicle onslaught meta that certain maps / matches can become), but we have to be mindful that there's certain elements and features actually take away from having fun in a video game.

Taking my plane out of action, and out to some corner of the map for a minute just to resupply, sounds so stupid and so boring.
    Taking my plane out of action, and out to some corner of the map for a minute just to resupply, sounds so exciting and opens more depth and tactical thinking.

Not to be rude but you sound like you are more an infantry player. For them going from time to time in a plane is JUST a welcoming change.
    For others it is everything they do.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    snavelaer wrote: »
    Not to be rude but you sound like you are more an infantry player. For them going from time to time in a plane is JUST a welcoming change.

Top 0.6% for kills in an attack plane on Xbox One.
    Taking my plane out of action, and out to some corner of the map for a minute just to resupply, sounds so exciting and opens more depth and tactical thinking.

What's so exciting, or tactiCOOL about being forced to take your plane out of combat..........?
  • snavelaer

Top 0.6% for kills in an attack plane on Xbox One.
    You are still an infantry guy sorry.

What's so exciting, or tactiCOOL about being forced to take your plane out of combat..........?
    You have to make choices. Choices you don't have to make if you have unlimited ammo.

• disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No one is suggesting limited ammo isn't desired or constant action is needed, just that landing and take off isn't fun or required
  • CnConrad
    1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bloodman0 wrote: »
    From E3 video content published this resupply method looks like a joke. Flying into a beacon in air to resupply? What happened to the creativity you use to exhibit Dice? Why not make a landing area on maps like battlefield 3, but then require players to land once supplies and munitions are spent to obtain more supplies. This is identical to what happens in the field.

It would be nice to see this improvement implemented and not a turn for the worse which is exactly where it's heading.
    Because it's a game and crash landing while resupplying is not fun. Having to fly back to a 'base' is a compromise. It's not a flight sim.

Lol crash landing? You must be trash for a pilot man.. I've played every battlefield on market and it is more than feasible.. I landed planes in bf3 every chance I could get. There is no skill required for dumping payloads and resupplying near immediately.

This is the worst addition I've read and seen in action this far. Its taking the game 16 steps back and adding an element that is unappealing, just like the power up system in battlefront..

Wow internet tough guy alert.
  • snavelaer
    Imagine we do a remake on Battlefield 1943...

We delete the aircraftcarriers and we let the player spawn from a screen. Repair isn't flying over the carrier but done through an icon in the sky.

How is that.

• YUKnowWhatItIz
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    People would rather get rid of immersion and simplify battlefield because
    'Landing takes too long'
    and
    'Im scared I may crash'

Ridiculous if you ask me. Just ridiculous. The more immersion in a game the better it is. I personally wouldn't have a problem going to reload. Hell, that makes it even more fun because it adds immersion and point towards a sim. Airplanes can't fly around 24/7 without having to refuel or resupply

Truth be told, we don't know how much ammunition each vehicle will have or how many landing strips they'll be. Placing something in the sky is pure laziness. So glad some of you aren't apart of the developer team.

When I play Battlefield I want to feel like a solider. Taking off and Landing may not be fun to you, but I guarantee a ton of the community loves it

• trip1ex
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No one is suggesting limited ammo isn't desired or constant action is needed, just that landing and take off isn't fun or required

taking off is a lot of fun. Miss that. landing to rep was fun. Find some out of the way place. There was no autorep on planes in Bf42 I don't think. I think flying over runways gave you more ammo but I don't think they repped you. I could be recalling that incorrectly tho.
  • snavelaer
    edited June 2018
    Battlefield is a unique franchise. It is a arcade game , yet complex war mechanics are crammed in this unique universe.
    Some aspects are oversimplified and others are a bit more like the real thing.
    Yet almost every aspect of war is somehow portrayed in Battlefield. Sometimes big, sometimes small.
    It is like a caricature of war. Sometimes it is drawn beautifull as in Battlefield 2 and sometimes badly like in bf4.

Having no main base of operation (in this case an airstrip) is like missing out on immersion.

It is also a missed oppurtunity to roleplay.
  • Granatenmaxe
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just make planes temporary and once they are out of amo they automatically return to an off-map base and you spawn as normal soldier again. This would prevent those pilots sitting in plane the whole game long. Also limit the number of planes that can be used per game. So if all 5 or 10 planes get destroyed or crashed you won't get new ones.
  • AiRJacobs
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    Wow, there are a lot of people here who have never played BF2 or BF2142. People, Battlefield 3 was not the first Battlefield game. This "New" mechanic was in those older games. You had to fly back to your base (where you took off), fly in a loop or land, and your vehicle would resupply and repair. It's how we did things back in the day. Regardless of what you may think, it worked just fine. Players just had to suck it up and learn to fly/land.
  • AgnusDei66
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    just leave it as it is.

i don't mind landing but so you guys want me to land in order to resupply? which makes my plane a sitting duck, so other pilots can have a free kill. no thanks.

is the landing site located out of bounds in the map to enemy planes?
    then all a plane have to do when being chased is run away to this out of bound location "landing site". no thanks.

just leave it as it is.

• bloodman0
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People would rather get rid of immersion and simplify battlefield because
    'Landing takes too long'
    and
    'Im scared I may crash'

Ridiculous if you ask me. Just ridiculous. The more immersion in a game the better it is. I personally wouldn't have a problem going to reload. Hell, that makes it even more fun because it adds immersion and point towards a sim. Airplanes can't fly around 24/7 without having to refuel or resupply

Truth be told, we don't know how much ammunition each vehicle will have or how many landing strips they'll be. Placing something in the sky is pure laziness. So glad some of you aren't apart of the developer team.

When I play Battlefield I want to feel like a solider. Taking off and Landing may not be fun to you, but I guarantee a ton of the community loves it

This is the first fair minded response I've seen. Agreed. And to respond to the people who say you never had to land to repair is rediculous.. And then for those who say you had a perk on your air class to repair. How about those that d idnt have such? I recall specifically having to land and repair. And if you don't support that why play one of the games on the market that pushes for full immersion and realism... Beacons are a cheap and rediculous way to resupply and a huge slap in the face to those of us that have spent countless hours in the air. The people refusing the idea proposed are panicking because this is their way to continue their air tactics that are like diarrhea. Dispose munitions and resupply.. Be thoughtful and tactful in your approach. And yes If you have to be taken out of battle to resupply that's how it should be for "full immersion" this also helps control the over abundance of air traffic or vehicle traffic if you will when you consider supplies are handled similarly. I saw no beacons. You go to squad locations to resupply.... who's **** about that?? No one..
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From E3 video content published this resupply method looks like a joke. Flying into a beacon in air to resupply? What happened to the creativity you use to exhibit Dice? Why not make a landing area on maps like battlefield 3, but then require players to land once supplies and munitions are spent to obtain more supplies. This is identical to what happens in the field.

It would be nice to see this improvement implemented and not a turn for the worse which is exactly where it's heading.
    Because it's a game and crash landing while resupplying is not fun. Having to fly back to a 'base' is a compromise. It's not a flight sim.

Lol crash landing? You must be trash for a pilot man.. I've played every battlefield on market and it is more than feasible.. I landed planes in bf3 every chance I could get. There is no skill required for dumping payloads and resupplying near immediately.

This is the worst addition I've read and seen in action this far. Its taking the game 16 steps back and adding an element that is unappealing, just like the power up system in battlefront..

Thats why they have dumbed the game down for those kinds of players. Too lazy to learn how to land. They just want to ground strafe with splash damage and as soon as someone shoots at them they bail out.
    These new Bf games cater to these noobs, sad ey.