PewDiePie addresses Battlefield V

AiRJacobs
60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
I don't watch PewDiePie (not really a fan), but I was sent this video, and the man nails it on the Battlefield V presentation. Just watch from 4:29 to 5:51. The rest of the video is pretty enjoyable too.

I just want to know what DICE is thinking. I've watched all of the interviews with DICE and watched a ton of E3 Battlefield V gameplay. I honestly have no idea what direction DICE is taking this game. The mechanics, theme, and style are just all over the place.

Comments

• Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    See you on the Battlefield in October.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @PopsicleStealer

But... they just said, that they won't change anything. At that time, we have no Disney to help us out.
  • warslag
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't really watch his videos. I don't like them. I did laugh quite a bit at that one. But when he says "play the games when they come out... stop being so hype about things, it doesn't help anyone" have to say I think there is some irony in there. His videos come across as quite hyped up to me in the same way that he talks about people being hyped up about new games. Doesn't he realise that the hype machine is for the benefit of children and those same children are the ones who are his own main audience, as far as I can tell? Quite a hypocrite really.
  • AiRJacobs
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 13
    @PopsicleStealer

But... they just said, that they won't change anything. At that time, we have no Disney to help us out.

Exactly. DICE doesn't seem to be listening or even care that there are people upset with where the franchise is headed. This is important because consumers decide if a game is successful (case and point, SWBFII). Regardless, I don't want to see Battlefield fail, or any game for that matter.
    I may play it through Origin Access or the Open Beta just to try it, but I have no desire to buy Battlefield V. I'm not boycotting it. I'm simply just not interested enough to justify purchasing this game, as opposed to past titles. It would also be foolish and illogical to support a development team that isn't making a game that I want to play. Why would anyone do that? Most of what I as well as a huge portion of the community have requested to be added (or not), have been rejected by DICE. I am far more excited for the game World War 3. It's like a dev team that heard what Battlefield veterans want decided to make exactly that.
  • Trokey66
    6201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can I unwatch that?
  • CanonFodder23
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Can I unwatch that?
    Thanks for that comment, it just saved me from clicking 'Play'. Can't stand Pewie.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

a worn out meme, it's not about how many buy the game at launch, it's about how many stick around to play it for the many months ahead
    I'm undecided right now
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 13
    MHbluey wrote: »

a worn out meme, it's not about how many buy the game at launch, it's about how many stick around to play it for the many months ahead
    I'm undecided right now

Not really. To DICE/EA, it will be the amount of sales.

And for me, there will always be full servers, just like in BF4 and BF1.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I'm undecided right now

I have higher expectations for the franchise, I guess I'll leave it at that before the sanctions hit me
  • AiRJacobs
    edited June 13

I'm undecided right now

I have higher expectations for the franchise, I guess I'll leave it at that before the sanctions hit me

You're not alone. I've been with the franchise for over a decade. They have set the quality bar higher and higher, and it seems as though they can't keep up anymore. I wish Battlefield would take a 5 year break between BFV and the next game (and NOT work on another SWBF in that time, just Battlefield). Give DICE some time to catch up, collect feedback from the community, and really make something revolutionary.
  • Trokey66
    6201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Can I unwatch that?

[img][/img]EvgWaId.jpg

What am I doing here.......
  • MHbluey
    AiRJacobs wrote: »

I'm undecided right now

You're not alone. I've been with the franchise for over a decade. They have set the quality bar higher and higher, and it seems as though they can't keep up anymore. I wish Battlefield would take a 5 year break between BFV and the next game (and NOT work on another SWBF in that time, just Battlefield). Give DICE some time to catch up, collect feedback from the community, and really make something revolutionary.

thank you
  • PopsicleStealer
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I'm undecided right now

thank you

Sadly enough we're getting Bad Company 3 next year. What is even sadder - Dice LA is working on it.
  • von_Campenstein
    5609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I'm undecided right now

thank you

Sadly enough we're getting Bad Company 3 next year. What is even sadder - Dice LA is working on it.

At least it's aptly named.
  • AiRJacobs

I'm undecided right now

thank you

What is the backing for the "Bad Company 3 being next year" claim? I haven't heard of this. Also, if it is next year, that is terrible. I do not want, nor have I ever wanted an annual Battlefield release. I would rather have 3 year spans between games. Even two years is a bit quick.
  • PopsicleStealer
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I'm undecided right now

thank you

What is the backing for the "Bad Company 3 being next year" claim? I haven't heard of this. Also, if it is next year, that is terrible. I do not want, nor have I ever wanted an annual Battlefield release. I would rather have 3 year spans between games. Even two years is a bit quick.

"Leaked" by AlmightyDaq. You can belive him or not, but he leaked BF1 good 4 months before any official info with 100% accurate details about maps/ingame mechanics like bayonet charge and game modes Operations+war pigeons. Now he leaked BF2018 saying that it will be in WW2 with tons of customizations. And then he said that 1 year after BF5, we will get Bad Company 3 because right now its in production by Dice LA. So make your own mind on this, but I 99% believe him.
  • AiRJacobs

I'm undecided right now

thank you

"Leaked" by AlmightyDaq. You can belive him or not, but he leaked BF1 good 4 months before any official info with 100% accurate details about maps/ingame mechanics like bayonet charge and game modes Operations+war pigeons. Now he leaked BF2018 saying that it will be in WW2 with tons of customizations. And then he said that 1 year after BF5, we will get Bad Company 3 because right now its in production by Dice LA. So make your own mind on this, but I 99% believe him.

I'll look into it more, but that is some pretty strong evidence if what you say is true. For me, the campaign of Bad Company was the draw. I never got into the multiplayer because BF3 came out just after I bought Bad Company 2 on PC. I hope the game takes place in a Russia invaded U.S., but more than anything, I can't wait to see a return of arguably the best characters in the Battlefield series. Imagine if they somehow did a small BFFs cameo. During the campaign, maybe at some U.S. military base, you walk buy a squad of 4 who are just bantering back and forth. It'd be a funny easter egg and a bit better than the ones in the BF4 campaign. Rather than have then voice some generic soldiers, actually have the BFFs in character this time.