Xbox s or Xbox x

leeroynorth
25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 12
Probs been discussed heaps. But do you think the x difference to the s for battlefield V will be that noticeable. I’m only casual and only really play battlefield. ? I get it sounds like a dumb question but the s is so cheap now. ? I play on 4K hisense s7

Comments

• moosehunter1969
    778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The X is a very powerful machine it will without a doubt make BF V look and probably play better. If that’s all you play though then stick with the S. If you play lots of games then X all the way.
  • leeroynorth
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 13
    Ok moose hunter thanks for the response. Still undecided. Dam it haha
    Got the ok from the funds manager. Getting one after work. S would be just a regretful purchase I think
    Post edited by leeroynorth on
  • iano1978
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ok moose hunter thanks for the response. Still undecided. Dam it haha
    Got the ok from the funds manager. Getting one after work. S would be just a regretful purchase I think

Let us know how you get on.
    I have an S at the moment but I think I may be getting an X soon.
    Play a few games, not many but BF1 looks decent on the S.
    Dont have a 4k TV as yet but the X appeals to me for processing power alone although I'm far from an expert in this area.
  • TickTak77
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the X.

It's a glorious piece of hardware. Not only do the games look beautiful, but the UI is super fast, super snappy, and virtually everything else I use on it (YouTube, Plex, Netflix, NHL, etc) seems to benefit from the power as well.
  • TectonicGuns
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the S on a solar set up and with only 50watts its great!
  • leeroynorth
    Had one game so far. Not sure I can see much difference but seemed to be able to kill ok. Transfer took forever with battlefield but giving it a good crack tonight so will report back. So far seems a cool machine and very compact and seems to be of solid build and I can wave good bye to the power brick finally. Will try a enhanced game later to see if they are worlds apart.
  • AgnusDei66
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    xbox x, but i will wait for black friday discounts.
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 18
    BF1 is looking like **** on a 4K tv on both the X1X and X1S because the resolution is only 1000p. I therefore play BF1 on my PS4 Pro and here BF1 looks beautifull on my 4K OLED tv with HDR because the resolution is 1800p upscaled to 4K.

BF V will however look better on X1X then on X1S and PS4 Pro because BFV will be uptimised for X1X which BF1 is not.

Starwars Battlefront 2 multiplayer is uptimised for X1X and it uses the same graphics engine “Frostbite” as BFV. So you can try to play Battlefront 2 and it will give you a good idea how good BFV will look on X1X. Battlefront 2 looks very good on X1X.
  • StarvingMillions
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    God, this game would look so good on the X if Dice decides to smarten up and enhance it. But I know they won’t.

Sigh. So much wasted potential.
  • TickTak77
    4694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The X is an exceptional piece of hardware - not only does it give huge graphical improvements to games, even if there isn't enhancements (dynamic resolution really improves on the X), but it also is a very fast machine too.

You'll notice other tangible benefits too - for example in BF1, The X + the external drive means I'm the first person to spawn into EVERY match regardless of game mode . So you are always guaranteed whatever vehicle or spawn point you want.
  • NauticalTrackin
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just got an X yesterday, not only does BF1 look prettier, but I load into a match in less than 30 seconds compared to my One S which would take close to 2 minutes to load into a match. I would definitely recommend you go with an X over an S
  • npcyqap4xs25
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    just wait for the new new Xbox to come out
  • leeroynorth
    So after a week, Yeah I like it. For bf1 graphics don’t seem to different but loading Into the next round without 3 flags been taken makes a change. I like it. Can’t wait to see V on it.
  • smokintom214
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wouldn't buy an x now with a new console coming out in late 2020.. unless you 100%got the money and will be financially set. Then by all means get the X it's worth it.
  • leeroynorth
    edited June 25
    Been having issues with mine sometimes on start up it goes black screen and then static on and off I i reset it seems to work again but takes ages to start up. Then the bf disc has trouble loading, it takes a few times to recognise. Thinking of taking it back to get a replacement but doesn’t always do the same problem. Any thoughts ? Anyone else has this issue ?
    Post edited by leeroynorth on
  • iano1978
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Been having issues with mine sometimes on start up it goes black screen and then static on and off I i reset it seems to work again but takes ages to start up. Then the bf disc has trouble loading, it takes a few times to recognise. Thinking of taking it back to get a replacement but doesn’t always do the same problem. Any thoughts ? Anyone else has this issue ?

Had one for two weeks now and havent noticed any issues. Was running a bit hot last night but could have something to do with the extremely warm weather at the moment.
    Overall I'm happy with the performance, its a very nice piece of hardware.
  • duellingcarl
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You cannot go wrong with the X. I wasn't going to get one but I was able to get my hands on a scorpio at launch. Since then I upgraded to a TCL P and have been gaming and watching 4K movies. I love the HDR although it doesn't start right all the time. Sometimes the colors are faded out but all I have to do is go back to the dashboard then back into the game or movie and it's fine. My friend came on the 16th and I showed it off to him and he loved it. He is still on the OG xbox and said it's so much more fluid and the colors are much better. Now my only decision is whether or not to get an SSD. Some people say it's worth it and others say it isn't. Currently the games I currently play are on my external 7200 RPM drive and things load faster on that then my internal. Internal I just use for storage.
  • Zhuni-II
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SSD is a great upgrade. Joining bf1 servers is three times faster (takes me about 10 seconds). Most that say it's not don't have one.
  • Clarence_6000
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 27
    Speaking of the X/PRO.
    Will we get [email protected] this time? 30hz servers really suck.
  • MageOfAnubis
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'll have to agree with duellingcarl - The X is worth the extra cash (IMHO)! I have an S and an X.. and when the X is busy, I use the S... and the difference in GFX and gameplay is night and day. For those that tell you 'The X doesn't give you anything the S doesn't have' does not own, or play regularly, on an X!

My X is driving a 75" Samsung 4K HDR, and I can see EVERY SUBTLE DETAIL. The color and maps are very beautiful (Frostbite rocks!) and the gameplay is awesome! I bought mine a week before it was released, but I have heard (from the rumor mill) that the consoles are getting ready to have a $100 price drop. It just concluded it's first price drop (in celebration of E3), and is fixing to have another... so we'll see.

Either way, you won't be disappointed. If you already have a good 4K set, then putting an X on it is a no brainer for me.

Good luck with your purchase. Hope to see you online (on your new X) soon!