Thread to contain discussions who dont really care about customisation settings already inplace

Comments

• Alphazetamu
    585 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've got no idea where to post this, but basically it's getting the media attention

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-44463924/e3-battlefield-v-creator-resists-gender-attacks
  • cameldung
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 13
    I have lost track of all the customisation threads. So, I'll just ask here:
    1. When asked about the toggle Daniel Berlin said something like "at the moment they have no plan to include it". That doesn't rule out that it could come in the future, right?
    2. Will the customisation be limited by excluding items that where used in warcrimes? I'm thinking of the Dirlewangers. Their masks look pretty cool, right out of a horror movie. But they were known for being psychopaths that had no limits.
    I'm asking because - I think it was the same Dev - said that you couldn't shoot a dead soldier again (preventing revive) because it's (somehow) included in the geneva convention.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/749138-1/009_002
    94a61b2a582b39d03105658213409ecb.jpg
    Post edited by cameldung on
  • oOoYeaboioOo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    cameldung wrote: »
    I think it was the same Dev - said that you couldn't shoot a dead soldier again (preventing revive) because it's (somehow) included in the geneva convention.
    I really think he must have been joking.

I posted in the other thread about being against the current customization but I assume that is about the gender controversy. I don't care about that. I just want to have an actual discussion about squad sizes. I don't think that is possible with people constantly spamming about gender politics or historical accuracy. All of that is just making it more difficult for the community to be taken seriously.

TLDR: Please give server admins the option to choose to have 6-man squads on their servers and let 4-man squads be the default for all the people worried about the people being left out.

I am trying to reach as many people as possible so please share this if you know where it could gain traction. This isn't a political post.

I'm looking to gain momentum for server administrators to have the option to set the maximum squad size limit in their servers —even if it's only between 4 and 6. I'm not sure how invested this series is in competitive gaming but 6 vs 6 would be a very good number for skirmishes. In relation to other game modes, I have seen a lot of people rejoicing about the 5-man squad size going back to 4. Instead of making the squad size smaller, can we perhaps think a little bit bigger? This is Battlefield after all. It's great to see individuality being explored in this game and all of the unique customizations but sometimes the group is more important than the individual. With 6 players in a squad, there is more room for people to choose what they want to play versus what is needed. There are also more squad mates to show off your individuality to while you all get shot taking selfies on the battlefield.

Let us look briefly at the math. I am aware that on a 32-man team, five 6-man squads would leave 2 players out of luck but you could just as easily have four 6-man squads and two 4-man squads. If you consider 12 and 24-man teams, 4 or 6 works just fine. I'm sure there are rationales behind the idea of locking down the squad size to 4 but with all this talk about customization, freedom, and individuality, how about we extend just a small portion of that creativity to our friendly neighborhood server administrators? Set the default size to 4 and give servers the ability to choose from 4 or 6-man squads and let the communities that have revolved around Battlefield servers since the beginning of the franchise decide which is better suited to their individual tastes. It's a win win.

• Bunny_fi
    5 postsMember Member
    edited June 14
    wrong thread
    Post edited by Bunny_fi on
  • Brachypelmatra
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 14
    having people that buy new fluffy pink socks each month or whatever is nice, since i dont have to pay for a premium pass then, because i dont care about my own customisation in a game like this. i dont want to fight against clowns,unicorns punks from xcom2 or guerilla restistance fighter though. not sure if it will work, but it could.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    having people that buy new fluffy pink socks each month or whatever is nice, since i dont have to pay for a premium pass then, because i dont care about my own customisation in a game like this. i dont want to fight against clowns,unicorns punks from xcom2 or guerilla restistance fighter though. not sure if it will work, but it could.

Lol if you think we will get anything close to the DLC we've had with premium.
    As it stands now, they don't have to add any new content.

Not bothered about customizations, would of preferred premium instead of it, but they've gone this route now.

The gameplay looks good so far, the most important aspect of a game, I'm going to buy it, customization won't stop that, not bothered what people are wearing when I'm shooting them in the face.
  • AjeepDog
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don’t care about customization -- as long as there is no advantage to having a certain thing. Like a white or black jacket for snow or night maps. If you buy a German helmet that has a spike on top Good for you. If that helmet turns in to a Maylay weapon Good for you, and me because I would like to see that. Paint your face any bright color you want, works for me.
    The only disadvantage to me should be if I stop to look at your dead body and get sniped for it
  • disposalist
    6673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    AjeepDog wrote: »
    I don’t care about customization -- as long as there is no advantage to having a certain thing. Like a white or black jacket for snow or night maps. If you buy a German helmet that has a spike on top Good for you. If that helmet turns in to a Maylay weapon Good for you, and me because I would like to see that. Paint your face any bright color you want, works for me.
    The only disadvantage to me should be if I stop to look at your dead body and get sniped for it
    *All* customisation might have *some* effect on visibility. The first example DICE gave was leafy camo on an LMG.

The fact is anyone can 'buy' the camo, so there's no advantage. If you pay £10 for it or play 10 hours to get in-game currency, anyone can have it.
  • NLBartmaN
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    *All* customisation might have *some* effect on visibility. The first example DICE gave was leafy camo on an LMG.

The fact is anyone can 'buy' the camo, so there's no advantage. If you pay £10 for it or play 10 hours to get in-game currency, anyone can have it.

So pay to win?
  • GRIZZ11283
    4554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

So pay to win?

If you class a camo as pay to win, then yes :lol:
  • NLBartmaN
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

If you can pay for to get an advantage .. ?
  • Zviko0
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If you can pay for to get an advantage .. ?

Read again.
  • NLBartmaN
    Zviko0 wrote: »

Read again.

I did: you can pay to get camo ..
  • Zviko0
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Read again.

But what advantage do you get? Your weapon won't be more powerful or your new uniform won't have armor or something. So how is that pay to win if there are no advantages?
  • GRIZZ11283
    edited June 15

Read again.

Yes you can, but now tell all the boys and girls how it's pay to win.
  • NLBartmaN

Read again.

Camo makes you less visable, certainly with no more 3d spotting ..

So you pay to make yourself less visible: you win ..
  • VBALL_MVP
    5237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Read again.

Camo makes you less visable, certainly with no more 3d spotting ..

So you pay to make yourself less visible: you win ..

Which is the same camo anyone else can get without paying.
  • NLBartmaN
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Lets just hope you won't have to do 50 hours of grinding for 1 camo .. and the camo will be constantly available to buy with your earned points with gaming.
  • VBALL_MVP
    5237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Lets just hope you won't have to do 50 hours of grinding for 1 camo .. and the camo will be constantly available to buy with your earned points with gaming.

They said it's not pay 2 win....so no need for hope.

Pretty black and white.
  • TEKNOCODE
    7502 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I’m buying every camo for that “p2w” advantage.

K/D of 3, here I come...