Sniper Rifles are Airsofts again?

herodes87
803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
After seeing some footage were one shot makes 55 damage to the chest i am wondering if Sniper rifles will be like BF4 again? With less power, slower bullets and so on.

At the same time all other guns became more deadly with 3 shot kills and more accuracy. It seems like they want to force snipers to be back hillhumpers. If it wouldn't be a WW2 setting with the K98k in it i wouldn't mind. But making my beloved gun really useless with iron sights would be a Game killer for me. While everyone else can easily Spray N Pray at you and kill you easily.

And just to make it clear i hated the Sweet Spot and i am happy that it is gone. But making Bolt Action Rifles useless again is a big killer for the Game (atleast for me).

Comments

• theONEFORCE
    2685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    From the videos I've watched good players seemed to be doing fine with them. Maybe in this game it will take a little bit of skill to use them.
  • herodes87
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Maybe you should use a G98 infantry up close (Auto rotation off) against a Hellriegel user. Takes skill too.

I even played good with the M1903 Springfield (iron sights) in BF Hardline.

And the big question will be can i play with iron sights? I hate scopes.
  • DrunkwoIf
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    not sure what video you watched, but the one i saw makes snipers look stupid OP and easy to use. guy just running around scoping and firing before he even really aims getting easy kills.
  • von_Campenstein
    5609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 14
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    not sure what video you watched, but the one i saw makes snipers look stupid OP and easy to use. guy just running around scoping and firing before he even really aims getting easy kills.

No that was Stodeh, he's just that fast and even he looked a shadow of his former self. Looking forward to his promised opinion piece on BF5 after he has had time to process.
  • herodes87
    edited June 14
    Stodeh you can't compare to other guys. Special him on PC and Players on console with auto aim. Even a bad player can on console be good because of auto aim.
  • merlins_beard_88
    279 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well since health regen is limited there’s still a good chance of one shot body kill if the target has taken damage so I think that balances it out
  • Metal_Jockets
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »

It'a a real concern where you have a weapon with very little bullet drop..an increased head shot hit detection box and with a one shot kill..clearly your skill level don't need to be elite to use..

I believe all other weapons have a "shoot where you point" mechanic ..to compensate, added recoil will be introduced.. of which I assume trying to drop someone from a distance with 3, 4 or 5 hits will be more difficult and take longer due to burst fire for accuracy.

With the one shot kill mechanic I kind of wonder how it will influence the end result of game modes that have sudden death or no re-spawn like the last round of "Grand Operations" or "Battle Royal"? .. Only time will tell.

• Ameeba37
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF4 snipers were far from useless
  • Alphazetamu
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 14
    Basically, op is right. There's examples of footage from the gameplay of people being insta-framed from full health by SLRs from afar, so a gun being ohk or not is much less relevant when other weapons are accurate and high damage. Overall to me it looks like SLRs have every advantage over bolt actions right now.

About headshots, remember it's double edged so they can headshot you too, and if you're more likely to be at less than full health then that means also more insta-deaths.

I agree with OP that making bolt actions underpowered is going to be a big disappointment for many fans who love historic bolt action rifles. I never played the modern battlefields because I have no interest in assault rifles and automatic weapons in general. It's things like the gewehr, mosin and the smle that attracted me to bf1.
    Post edited by Alphazetamu on
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aim for the head. Brings back the skill. If you cant hit the head use another class.
  • S0magical
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i have just been playing a game, recorded it cuz it was doing my head in, and i had 3 sniper shots, one did 6 damage, one did 14 damage, and the other 22 damage,. wtf???? from a sniper rifle...
  • xXCA_RageXx
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    After seeing some footage were one shot makes 55 damage to the chest i am wondering if Sniper rifles will be like BF4 again? With less power, slower bullets and so on.

At the same time all other guns became more deadly with 3 shot kills and more accuracy. It seems like they want to force snipers to be back hillhumpers. If it wouldn't be a WW2 setting with the K98k in it i wouldn't mind. But making my beloved gun really useless with iron sights would be a Game killer for me. While everyone else can easily Spray N Pray at you and kill you easily.

And just to make it clear i hated the Sweet Spot and i am happy that it is gone. But making Bolt Action Rifles useless again is a big killer for the Game (atleast for me).

They just taking some getting used to, maybe could use a little love tap but thats about it. This coming from someone that absolutely dominated with he laser snipers from bf1. They feel like a good balance between bf4 and bf1 sniping. I do think the upper body shots should be doing atleast 60-70 dmg.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »

They were for those that werent good with sniping :)
  • Ameeba37
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

How is that?
  • Hawxxeye
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Aim for the head. Brings back the skill. If you cant hit the head use another class.
    Nice double standard
  • xXCA_RageXx

How is that?

I mean they were useless for those that werent good at sniping. In bf1 they were easy enough for anyone to get some kills with.
  • Ameeba37

How is that?

I mean they were useless for those that werent good at sniping. In bf1 they were easy enough for anyone to get some kills with.

Yea makes sense now :+1:
  • xXCA_RageXx

How is that?

Yea makes sense now :+1:

I think that is the biggest shock to some players. They got so used to the death rays in bf1, dont get me wrong I enjoyed the hell out of them and I did some absolutely disgusting things with them. But they were insanely overturned and simplistic. I would on the regular challenge people with 6x and up scopes with my iron sight and majority of the time kill them or at the very least we would both move onto different targets. Now it feels like its closer to BF4 and takes alot more skill than bf1. They could use a little love but not too much. I actually really like seeing a fraction of the snipers that were in bf1.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Actually in Bf4 snipers could 1HKO in close range. At least give that back so we can quick scope those noob sprayer boiz.
  • danosta
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Totally agree, sniping should be 100% damage to a body shot within 10m or so. CQB with a sniper rifle is almost always instant death.