We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Friendly Fire ... Any info?

Rev0verDrive
6624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Anybody heard/read anything on Friendly Fire? Personally I prefer FF on by default. I feel it adds to both realism and the skill ceiling.

Comments

• Gforce81
    3537 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't heard anything official, but my opinion is that its better off

Its just too huge of a tool for trollers and people that get great amusement out of actively trying to ruin the game for other players.
  • von_Campenstein
    5923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 13
    They'd never dare have FF on on regular servers.

One of the best mine memories of BF1, was laying mines behind our advance into the zeppelin on Giants Shadow and witout having jiggled once prior the full tank ahead of me pulls a straight reverse. My most up close 5 man kill ever, well 6 really.

Oh yeah, I started in hardcore.
  • Noodlesocks
    1316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably won't see FF coming back to Battlefield outside of Hardcore ever again.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Its just too huge of a tool for trollers and people that get great amusement out of actively trying to ruin the game for other players.

Add in a punish system. 3 TK's and kick ... OR ... longer spawn times that accumulate over time. FF on by default was the original BF setup and we had punish system with longer spawn times.

Just sad that a game has to be gimped because players want to mag dump.
  • von_Campenstein
    5923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Add in a punish system. 3 TK's and kick ... OR ... longer spawn times that accumulate over time. FF on by default was the original BF setup and we had punish system with longer spawn times.

Just sad that a game has to be gimped because players want to mag dump.

Hardcore in BF1 have 5 TKs and kick.
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hard Core also wasn't in at release in BF1 and when it did come out was totally effed up. So that doesn't bode well for BFV.
  • jungleismassiv
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    really hoping for a good version of hardcore in this game, along the lines of bf3 and 4 - friendly fire is one of the best features of HC for me, it just adds that extra level
  • Ameeba37
    1735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah friendly fire better be off in normal mode
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Keep your precious hardcore crap to the place it belongs aka harcuuure mode.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's also a good way to cut down on grenade spam.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wish it could be on by defaut too.
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People will deliberately kill you if you are trying to enter a jeep/vehicle they want. Do you really want that?
  • Tullzter
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hope it won't be on by default, i don't mind having it as a server option but not on by default, will ruin the game for casual gamers
  • FearNoTears
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The skill player should always win. Not give the noobs weapons to fight skill players. Skill players like a challenge, not fight people that play likes noobs. BF4
    It seems the more BF advances the farther back I'm going to go. Like reinstalling BF2. Something is missing from the games. So yeah FF on and anything else that makes the game more challenging vs run and gun with head cut off.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People will deliberately kill you if you are trying to enter a jeep/vehicle they want. Do you really want that?

No because you can but punished for teamkill, there are a lot of possibilities.